PDA

View Full Version : Sewing Up Mistakes

Blackjack Gabbiani
10th May 2004, 01:57 AM
It's rather sad to retire an old uniform. After all, in the field, it's a show of pride to wear the crimson R as a second skin, loyalty for all to know.

It has been mended in the past, by my own hands. Lovingly take thread into needle and patch up wounds caused by my own mistakes, covering up things my superiors need now know about.

But the mistakes made now are too great to mend. And so the uniform must be destroyed.

Gently, I fold it up, tracing over each thread of my own, every patch, every mark, and place it in the ground. In less than a minute, it is covered over.

Tomorrow, no one will know it existed. And I will fade back into obscurity as another of the nameless army, all mistakes forgotten.

My new uniform does not suit me as well.

mistysakura
10th May 2004, 06:53 AM
Gosh that was very very short... I wonder if this is a sequel to Induction if the Black Rocket (I think it was the last line that made me think so.) Since it was so short, I think this had less time to develop atmosphere than the others. I think this is about the sadness of change, but how things have to change... that make sense?

mr_pikachu
10th May 2004, 11:25 AM
Very, very short. Personally, I think you could've taken longer to develop the feeling, like brief mentiong briefly the previous mistakes, and what may have led to the uniform being "retired". But that's just me, I'm sure. Like ms, I agree that this feels like a sequel, what with the similarities of the closings. Good job. :wave:

P.S. I curious as to whether the mistakes needed to be patched up were metaphorical, or actual holes in the uniform. Anyway, nice work.

Blackjack Gabbiani
10th May 2004, 03:17 PM
Huh, I never even considered that. Although yeah, they do tend to have the same tone...(granted, that could be said of many of my fics. They all have that dark tone to them, which is odd considering I'm a fairly funny person IRL)

This was meant to be really any low-ranking agent, although my original thought was Mondo. But when I finished the fic, it didn't really suit him.