PDA

View Full Version : untitled Jiri-'drabble'

Blackjack Gabbiani
10th May 2004, 03:24 PM
(while I seem to be getting a reputation for short fics, this is the SHORTEST I've done. It was for a two-minute challenge where the theme word was 'ink'.)

The pen flew over the paper like the wings of a bird--appropiate, considering what I was finalizing.

Perhaps it will never be made. Perhaps it will all be a dream.

If so, I hope never to awaken.

But no, no, one day the skies will be mine, and I will soar like the mighty Lugia. It is my fate and my destiny.

The ink had bled through the paper.

Looking back on it now, I feel it may have been a sign.

mr_pikachu
10th May 2004, 03:45 PM
Yeah, that is a MEGA-short fic! Um... kinda hard to understand... he was drawing a Lugia, and the ink bled through the paper... what is that a sign of?Maybe I missed something, but I was a bit puzzled.

And, btw, that was only 83 words. I thought (from a previous topic) that a drabble was 100 words long? Or was that incorrect? :confused:

Blackjack Gabbiani
10th May 2004, 03:48 PM
Oh, he was designing his ship, actually.

And as was also said in that topic, the meaning of 'drabble' differs from place to place...

mr_pikachu
10th May 2004, 03:52 PM
WOW you replied fast... :eek:

Oh, so it was a ship? I guess, in retrospect, it really could have been anything flying... I just assumed it was Lugia, because of the mention. And yeah, that's true, "drabble" does depend on the location, I guess. Hmm.

But still, what sign was it? Did it mean that he would never achieve his dream?

Blackjack Gabbiani
10th May 2004, 03:54 PM
Well, he says "perhaps it will never be made", so I thought that took care of that it was something to be constructed, rather than something to be achieved.

And well, it's a bad sign when your pen bleeds through the paper (at least a messy one, anyway), so looking back on it, he wonders if that wasn't an omen that things would end in disaster.