PDA

View Full Version : My First 2vs2 team

drizzt
10th May 2004, 05:57 PM
Well this is my first 2vs2 team so go easy on the rating. I can get ride of any poke or moves so im open to any suggestions.I also need help with the items.Also if people could rate the pokemon as pairs and not individuals that would be excellent. Well here it is:

Slaking@???
-Return
-E-quake
-Shadow Ball
-Rest

With

Xatu@???
-Skill Swap
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Giga Drain???

No suprise here. Skill Swap With Slaking and since Xatu has the early bird ability Slaking will wake up from his sleep faster and Xatu is imune to e-quake. Xatu needs another sp. attack so i put Giga drain on there but i probaly should replace it.

Wailord@???
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-E-quake

with

Chimecho@???
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Heal Bell
-Psychic

Special thaks to Rabid Cow for helping with Chimecho. I use reflect+light screen to boost Wailord's horrid defenses. When Wailord uses rest i use heal bell to wake him back up.Also Chimecho has the levitate ability so he is imune to e-quake.

Sableye@???
-Psych Up
-Recover
-Shadow Ball
-Aerial Ace

with

Altaria@???
-Dragon Dance
-Return
-E-Quake
-Aerial Ace

I use Dragon dance 2 or 3 turns then use Sableyes psych up on Altaria and Sweep like nuts. I put Recover on Sableye to keep him alive until Altaria is done Dancing.Th eonly problem is that sableye wont last long against e-quake need some help there.

drizzt
10th May 2004, 06:37 PM
I changed one of Sableyes moves

drizzt
11th May 2004, 12:06 PM
Can i please have at least one rate to see if my team is any good. :(

DaBlackBandit
11th May 2004, 09:47 PM
Slaking:
He can't rest, even with your Heal Beller, put either Fire Blast for Skarmory. or Brick Break/Focus Punch for other Slakings, and other normals. Item, should be Choice Band or Leftovers

Xatu:
I'd put Confuse Ray over Calm Mind, since he can die pretty easily to Electric or Ice attacks. and Dark moves too. then Drill Peck or Fly, Wish and Leftovers. That set works really well, because you recover HP and heal with Wish, while flying. Plus, it's a STAB too.. Bright Powder/Lax Increaser if you don't like Wish + Fly + Leftovers

Wailord:
Put Curse over Surf, you don't need it since you have Earthquake. and maybe Rock Slide in place of Ice Beam, but it does get a STAb and can do damage to grass types. If you have Rest,put Chesto Berry, so you don't have to waste a Heal Bell

Chimecho:
That is the standard with Leftovers. But this set was cool too.

Yawn
Protect
Dream Eater
Reflect/Light Screen/Heal Bell/Shock Wave

Yawn once, then protect. then eat there dreams. the last move is filler. If your opponent is asleep, they can't attack and you can sweep with Wailord. If you cursed enough. Shock Wave is good for Double Teams

Sableye:
I know he looks good and can be annoying, but with his stats, he can't take an EQ from Altaria, if you Dragon Dance. Maybe Heracross to combad Altaria Ice Weakness, or Grass type to draw out pokemon who use Ice attacks. Ohh how about Wobby, he can Encore there moves, while you Dragon Dance, then switch out and attack.

Altaria:
Looks good, maybe Rest over Return, but I see you wanna sweep. so that'll work.

Overall the team is average. could use some work. Sorry, I'm not a EV's man. I don't know them to well. hope this helps

drizzt
12th May 2004, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the help

Anyone else?

Rabid_Cow
12th May 2004, 07:01 PM
Hey I said I'd rate and here I am!

Darn you, you took my 2v2 Slaking Skill Swap idea. Oh well, it's actually the greatest honor to have someone follow in your footsteps!

Definetally need Fire Blast > Rest on Slaking. Give him Silk Scarf to boost his STAB w/Return. Xatu definetally needs to have Psychic/Giga Drain/Confuse Ray/Skill Swap. It's HUGE. I use one on my double or nothin team. (I switched from the Banette cause of the EQuake problem.)

I totally have to disagree w/DaBlackBandit here bud. Wailord + Chimeco is a VERY nice combo team. The MS you have goin is fine except one little problem: Wailord needs Water Spout. It's a STAB and w/EV training in HP and Sp. Atk. + the Rest/Heal Bell combo that's unstoppable. Definetally put it on there instead of Surf.

I don't think there's too much of a problem w/the Sableye + Altaria duo, but the EQuake thing is an issue. I'm gonna sleep on the idea tonight, and hopefully tomorrow I'll have thought of a good suggestion here. Right now I'm considering using a poke w/Taunt to take away the attacks from Altaria while he DD's but I really don't know. I'll have to get back to you on that though.

Hope this was of some help! Team looks solid IMO.

phaedrus
12th May 2004, 07:23 PM
Slaking@???
-Return
-E-quake
-Shadow Ball
-Rest

With

Xatu@???
-Skill Swap
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Giga Drain???

brickbreak over rest. next, hp-fire/confuseray over gigadrain. watch your combo-ing. choiceband/leftovers on slaking, lum on xatu.

Wailord@???
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-E-quake

with

Chimecho@???
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Heal Bell
-Psychic

i came up with the hb-your-wailord idea =D I'd say curse over surf, chesto berry on wailord to conserve pp. chimecho looks ok. even with the screens, wailord is STILL prone to die, in one way or another.

Sableye@???
-Psych Up
-Recover
-Shadow Ball
-Aerial Ace

with

Altaria@???
-Dragon Dance
-Return
-E-Quake
-Aerial Ace

sableye won't be able to survive a dd'd earthquake. just won't work. an idea would be to replace earthquake with steelwing or something; then, you get a pokemon that can psychup AND learn earthquake. that way you can get a little more type coverage and still not get yourself killed. idea?

it's dandy overall.

Rabid_Cow
12th May 2004, 09:39 PM
Dude, don't take credit for my ideas! Why on earth would I have put Heal Bell on Chimeco w/a Resting partner if it wasn't used to wake him up? Come on man, Drizzt may not be the absolute god of pokemon knowledge, but he can at least figure the combo of HB and Rest... Give the man some faith for God's sake! Here's the link to where I suggested it: http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28502

Ok, I've been rackin' my brain while I was typing my research paper for some awesome combo for you on this team in place of the Sableye + Altaria + DD + Psych Up combo. Hear me out, and then tell me what you think. Here it is, the most UU combo EVER, yet it is just too cool to believe!

Spinda @Not sure. Still thinking.
-Teeter Dance
-Protect
-Psych Up
-Brick Break

Altaria @wutever...
-Dragon Dance
-Protect
-Earthquake
-Aerial Ace

Ok, let's go over their roles in this little dynamic duo:

Spinda - The one who can confuse all on the field, protect himself from E-Quake, Psych Up the DD that Altaria has, and Physically sweep w/Brick Break covering Altaria's ice weakness, and also get rid of those screens that maybe your opponent loves to use as much as you.

Altaria - He's the foothold of these 2. He first turn protects to avoid gettin' confused, and then has a lot of time to DD all he wants. His little dizzy buddy wobbles around and copies all the DD's that you did. Voila! You have 2 awesome physical sweepers instantly! AA is a STAB, and E-Quake can be awesome, but ALWAYS remember to Protect when appropriate for either pokemon!

drizzt
13th May 2004, 07:31 AM
Thamks for the idea Rabid. I will probably us Spinda instead of Sableye.

Sorry, if i would have known the Xatu/Salking combo was yours i would have asked first. Sorry. But it is still a great combo.

Thanks for the rates everyone.

phaedrus
13th May 2004, 11:50 AM
didn't see your idea in the post i quoted. oops.

teeter dance affects everybody? oh. funky.

the only problem with your stuff Rabid_Cow, is that will Spinda survive the setup? I can see the TeeterDance+Protect, then DD+whatever/PsychUp, but even if Spinda survives the setup, you'll need to alternate the Earthquake+Protect with AerialAce+BrickBreak/Return. At that point it becomes a little predictable. As soon as it becomes predictable, the duo is wasted. Just a note.

drizzt
14th May 2004, 05:31 PM
I think it all depends on your luck. U have to hope that the oppents poke will get confused nearly every time. Once u put enough DD in u will be faster and u can kill nearly everything in one hit.

Rabid_Cow
17th May 2004, 10:05 PM
I think it all depends on your luck. U have to hope that the oppents poke will get confused nearly every time. Once u put enough DD in u will be faster and u can kill nearly everything in one hit.
Absolutelly. You stand a 50% chance of getting hit by a pokemon that's confused, and most of the time they won't get the right guess on who's protecting and who's not. My advice is not just to alternate protectors, just protect when it's necessary. I've been using my Cacturne w/this Teeter Dance combo in Stadium's Mt. Battle, and it's been working like a charm. I also have used a Spinda w/a protecting partner for a while too. They're both awesome.

drizzt
18th May 2004, 04:47 PM
Well now that the pokemon and movesets are good all i need is some EV's

If someone could help me with this it woudl b greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

HienkyakuX
18th May 2004, 07:37 PM
What changes have you done in the team in the first plaze?
Will it be Spinda or sableye?
I'll edit this whit ev then.

Rabid_Cow
18th May 2004, 07:52 PM
Look at the siggy. He went Spinda > Sableye. Hey my apologies to drizzt and strat about gettin defensive about the combos. I did use them originally, but I sure as heck don't own any pokemon combo. I was feelin bad about gettin onto you guys for using em, the reason I'm here is to share my ideas anyways!

Onto EV's. I'm givin em on the suggestions I've made...

Slaking - I'd have to say max Atk, and HP. He's an offensive tank IMO. 6 in Spd.

Xatu - I vote max in Sp. Atk., and split the rest in the defenses. The only reason I say this is cause in my experiences if he can last the turn he loafs around he's a pretty good offense. Another strategy would be to just switch him out after you skill swap. Even better IMO is to give Truant to an opponent. But that's just me, do what you feel is best!

Wailord - Max HP, Max Sp. Atk., and 6 speed. I have 2 words for you: "Water Spout"

Chimeco - I really don't know, but I'd suggest what I did. Max both defenses, and 6 to HP. I didn't know what to do when I raised mine, but it seems to work very well. The only problem I have is a fast Houndoom now and then, but Wailord should make up for that very quickly...

Altaria - I like max Atk. and splitting the rest to defenses. 6 to HP. DD should get you the Atk, and Spd you're wanting so maybe the Atk. EV training isn't such a good idea. Get other opinions!

Spinda - He needs to survive to play out his role, but he also needs to be a powerful pokemon for you...I think max HP, then split the rest to defenses. 6 to Atk. He doesn't really need the speed cause he's got his little Psych Up combo goin for him.

I hope this was of some help!

drizzt
21st May 2004, 04:25 PM
Look at the siggy. He went Spinda > Sableye. Hey my apologies to drizzt and strat about gettin defensive about the combos. I did use them originally, but I sure as heck don't own any pokemon combo. I was feelin bad about gettin onto you guys for using em, the reason I'm here is to share my ideas anyways!

Hey dont worry about it.

Truth be told i felt kinda bad for using your idea without your promission first.

And thanks for the EV's Rabid.