PDA

View Full Version : R/S: The one, true best pokemon?

Bullethead
29th January 2003, 10:08 PM
If R/S has given us one great super heavyweight of a pokemon, which one is it?

Oddish17
29th January 2003, 10:15 PM
Kyogre. The thing's fricken' insane.

Scythemantis
29th January 2003, 10:50 PM
Another thread that legendaries should be pretty much banned from. They were designed to be overpowered, so they don't count :p

Ken-king's (or however its spelled) laziness doesn't really balance out his power all that well. He's pretty broken for a non-legendary.

GoldDraconian
29th January 2003, 11:07 PM
Of all the RuSa legends, Kyogre=win, it seems...

Of the non-legends, Kek-king has the highest stats, but he is lazy... um... Metagurosu is pretty good, dunno if he's the best- I'm not a hardcore RuSa guy yet- but he's good...

Deokishisu= absolute prole blitz...

Cyber Dragon
29th January 2003, 11:21 PM
It's obvious that it should be one of the very high-statted or legendary pokemon.

I say -

Kyogre. The whale-thing is so powerful. SO powerful. I mean, SOO powerful...

... I think you get my point :P Its base stats:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Hit Points|Attack|Defense|Speed|Special Attack|Special Defense|
|--100--|--100--|--90--|--90--|--150--|--140--|

OMG!

*runs and hides*

But since they don't count, IMO, my other vote goes to... Jiraachi AND Metagurosu.

Jiraachi for more balance, and the fact that it gets the very-very good (IMO) Heaven's Blessing trait, which... doubles(?) the side effects of moves. Like for Secret Power, which has a 30% chance to do its effects depending on the field, Jiraachi gets about a 60% chance. Huge. Jiraachi is also amazing support AND a good attacker. Plus it can tank things with Cosmo Power, or kill things with Enlighten. It's an all around good pokemon. And out of its two other siblings, Mew and Celebi, Jiraachi is very, very powerful, and probably... IMO, ranks second best. Probably not better than Mew, but it's your opinion.

Metagurosu for frightening power. It just screams 'sweeper'. It can't counter its ground weakness by itself, but can kill Fire types with a single earthquake from it. That is, if it gets a speed boost from Agility, or lowers the opponents speed itself with Scary Face. The only better advantage Metagurosu gets is that Meta can actuall learn a Steel move, unlike Jiraachi, who learns Death Wish, which is just a souped up steel type version of Future Sight.

In short -

Jiraachi - Defensive powerhouse with a great trait and good array of moves. Useful for 2v2 as well.

Metagurosu - Offensive powerhouse with a godly array of powerful moves.

Similarities: Uh... same type, same weaknesses, that's it.

Differences: A bunch. But they are on equal levels in my eyes.

Nightingale23
30th January 2003, 02:18 AM
I'd say Bashamo...
The guy has some kind of balanced stats, and has high special attack and high attack, he has a decent speed, and he is Fire/Fighting, and above all that, he is a starter! Which you can get easily..

Strider Azure
30th January 2003, 02:43 AM
Kyogre, probbaly even stronger than Mewtwo. With this moveset, Kyogre is truly a strong 00ber

Kyogre
Enlighten
Sprout/Hydro Pump
Thunder
Ice Beam

Vega
30th January 2003, 04:11 AM
basically Kyorge>all

Azura Stardust
30th January 2003, 05:30 AM
Kaiorga, Kekking, whats-its-name-oh-Metagurosu, and that's about it. Deokishisu's too fragile to be really good.

Lots of pokemon in R/S are pretty good now. :>

Vega
30th January 2003, 06:32 AM
Boomanda is pretty good too.

Bug Catcher Daniel
30th January 2003, 08:35 AM
mmm... wailord looks very...very....very...scary:( .... yeah.. if u use a good strat kek-king would be almost unbeatable...

:D i like Nukenin :D

diurnal.
30th January 2003, 11:23 AM
Bashamo with...

endure (bred on)
reversal(bred on)
flamethrower/blazekick( keep endure and his trait in mind
rock tome ( to ensure at 1hp he gets the first shoe-in)

okay sure he still ain't freakin'ly insane as kyorge but this is one of the most 'made for this pokemon' sets around.......shame he doen't learn agility...

Scizor Master
30th January 2003, 12:00 PM
Don't forget Rekkuza, this thing's deadly also. Glad to see Bashamo's very good, cuz I'm usin him when RS is unwapped from a present on April 3rd (my b-day)

The Muffin Man
30th January 2003, 12:28 PM
Kyogre is not that great when you think about it. Who the hell is gonna ALLOW it in the first place, eh?

vitortomita
30th January 2003, 12:30 PM
Nukenin>Kyogre so it's the best.
Although Bashamo beats it easily...

Dragonfree
30th January 2003, 12:57 PM
Has anyone noticed that Deoxys has MASSIVE speed, MASSIVE special attack and a Psychic attack with MASSIVE power? Meaning: Goes in first for a OHKO.

Madelyn151
30th January 2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Dragonfree
Has anyone noticed that Deoxys has MASSIVE speed, MASSIVE special attack and a Psychic attack with MASSIVE power? Meaning: Goes in first for a OHKO.

...the problem with this is, after he uses it, bye-bye special attack. and it's kinda... awkward to put both special attacks and regular attacks on a pokemon, as you'd then have to split effort values (ugh.) between special attack and attack and have no room for defenses or speed... blech.

his special attack's still not as good as mewtwo's...

if a pokemon can or cannot beat another doesn't really mean anything. the sentence of that structure was odd. =/

Scythemantis
30th January 2003, 01:25 PM
I still say legendaries do not count. They are DESIGNED to be ridiculously powerful. Little strategy is involved in using them. For all intents and purposes, legendaries aren't even "official" pokemon, just part of the storyline.

Madelyn151
30th January 2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Scythemantis
I still say legendaries do not count. They are DESIGNED to be ridiculously powerful. Little strategy is involved in using them. For all intents and purposes, legendaries aren't even "official" pokemon, just part of the storyline.

...what do you mean, "official" pokemon? of course they are.

the guy asked for the most powerful pokemon. there are actually a lot of legendaries, so... yeah. plus, he didn't say "no legendaries"... i mean, don't let your own biases come to play *shrug*

ragindemon
30th January 2003, 02:40 PM
Hey, if Deoxy can deliver a ohko and its whatever stat goes down(forgot what), then switch it out before the next pokemon comes out. I don't know, does it stay even if you switch him out and then bring him out again after another pokemon has fainted?

Vega
30th January 2003, 02:51 PM
Deoxys is good candidate, its the fastest poke in the game massive attack and sp attack but any good dark/bug would pwn it coz it has crappy defenses and Hp

diurnal.
30th January 2003, 03:05 PM

'not official but part of the storyline'.............and u said my dolphin post made no sense!?!?!

but you are right about the ridiculous power thing dude......

still u don't have to fight people using a rekuzza do ya?

i could rant on for ages about the use of legendarys but why bother?

fight the way u wanna fight dude and remember every challange is a gift...........even kyorge...................blue git.....*runs*

Scythemantis
30th January 2003, 08:57 PM
What I mean is, because they were MADE to be "uber", they're too obvious in "best pokemon" discussions. Everyone knows they're the best because they're made to be, so it's unfair to all the other pokemon.

What I mean by unofficial is, only one of each is meant to exist and they can't breed. They're basically fancy gimmicks. I have nothing against using them, I just find it unrealistic. If I wanted to use a legendary, I'd balance it out by having some cool-looking but worthless pokemon on my team or a smaller than normal team. :)

Nightingale23
31st January 2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Vega
Deoxys is good candidate, its the fastest poke in the game massive attack and sp attack but any good dark/bug would pwn it coz it has crappy defenses and Hp

Deoxys not the fastest pokemon in the game, Tekkanin is... (the black and yellow bug)

And I'm still saying Bashamo's the best non-legendary pokemon... If legendarys' are included, I'd say Kyogre... A very good Sp. Attack packed up with STAB and Rain Dance, and it learns the most powerful, most accurate water move in the game (Spout), can lead to an instant OHKO to almost every pokemon...

Scary! :o

EDIT: Whoops! looks like I said Tsuchin instead of Tekkanin

Vega
31st January 2003, 03:41 AM
Deoxys has 150 base speed, yes it is the fastest pokemon.

diurnal.
31st January 2003, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by Vega
Deoxys has 150 base speed, yes it is the fastest pokemon.

tekkanin has a 160 base speed....now my maths skills arn't exactly legendary but i think thats 10 higher than deoxy's....

lets not forget his ability to increase his speed every turn too!

Vega
31st January 2003, 04:19 AM
omg 160! well he said Tsuchinin.

i really need to check the new pokemon, my info is so out of date

Azura Stardust
31st January 2003, 07:06 AM
What I mean is, because they were MADE to be "uber", they're too obvious in "best pokemon" discussions. Everyone knows they're the best because they're made to be, so it's unfair to all the other pokemon.

The guy who started this thead didn't say no legendaries. So I think they should be put in. Besides, not all legendaries are necessarily the best, are they? Houou has a 4x rock weakness. Mew isn't always reliable. Celebi is screwed by Heracross. And so on.

Besides, you gotta give us slack; this is still early-release forum status we're talking about. When the real metagame is fully set up AND matured; try asking the same question, you'll be amused by the difference in answers. For example: in early GS times, ask who you think the best pokemon is, people might say Herugaa or Rugia or Bangirasu. Now you'll probably get things like Curselax.

Get what I mean?

Scizor Master
31st January 2003, 08:12 AM
Celebi is screwed by Heracross.

Yep! I LOVE killing overused Psychic legendaries with Heracross. Although it doesn't quite work on Lugia, it kills Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Deoxy(if he can manage to hit first), oh, and it'll kill the Latis too:D Heracross could be in the running for best non-legendary, although he won't win, he's pretty high on my list