PDA

View Full Version : Nead 2v2 team help

HienkyakuX
12th May 2004, 09:08 AM
Can some one help me make a 2v2 team? The pokes are no problem I can use any poke from venusaure to deoxys. But for the pokes of FR and LG the moves from egg are not legal were I play. Any help that I can get on this?
How is this:

Gyarados whit Marowak
Gengar whit Gligar
Kingdra whit Quagsire

Gyarados@???
attract
dragon dance
earthquake
secret power

Marowak@thick club (linghtninrod)
aerial ace
focus punch
earthquake
rock tomb

Gengar@???
thunderbolt
sludge bomb
shadow ball
confuce ray

Gligar@??? sand veil
earthquake
wing attack
metal claw
screech

Kingdra@chesto
surf
ice beam
doble team
rest

Quagsire@leftovers
amnesia
curse
earthquake
yawn

And the Ru/Sa egg moves can be use. The FR,LG are not.

Rabid_Cow
12th May 2004, 09:55 PM
Give us movesets, then we help. It looks as though you have the weaknesses covered, but I can't be totally sure without their M/S's. By the way when you say the Egg moves are illegal did you mean in R/S too, or just the Fr/Lg pokes? I'd be glad to help w/this team, since I absolutelly love 2v2 battles!

HienkyakuX
13th May 2004, 05:45 PM
Ok that is to start help me out here.

HienkyakuX
14th May 2004, 05:46 PM
Help me to make this team work if the pokes are bad tell me what to use then.

Brumlad02
15th May 2004, 05:18 PM
Ok Firstly Gyarados + Marowak = Bad Choice

Gyarados's Earthquake would strike Marowak, which is what you don't want so i would swap Gyarados around or remove him or remove E-Quake.

Quagsire's E-Quake would also strikle Kingdra which again you don't want.

I would use the following team

Solrock / Levitate @ --
Solarbeam
Psychic
R-Slide
F-Thrower

With

Camerupt / Magma Armour @ --
Sunny Day
Rock Slide
Flame Thrower
E-Quake

*Note*
Camerupt's Sunny Day would power Solrock's S-Beam + both pokemon's Flamethrowers, Also Levitate saves Solrock from the Earthquake.

Gengar / Levitate @ --
Shadow Ball
Confuse Ray
Sludge Bomb
Thunderbolt / Psychic

With

Gligar / Sand Veil / Hyper Cutter @ --
E-Quake
Metal Claw
Wing Attack / Aerial Ace
Return / Screech / Sandstorm

*Note*
Gengar's levitate saves it from E-Quake, which is lucky for you. Sandstorm because it would take advantadge of the Sand Veil ability.

Gyarados / Intimidate @ --
E-Quake
Dragon Dance
Return / Filler
Surf / T-Bolt / Flamethrower

With

Ninjask / Speed Boost @ --
Silver Wind
Slash / Shadow Ball
Swords Dance
Aerial Ace

Or

Heracross / Guts/Swarm @ --
Protect
Brick Break
Megahorn
Bulk Up

*Note*
With Heracross, protect before you get Gyarados to use Earthquake, that saves Heracross ;)

These are kinda off the top of my head, so i don't know how helpful they are too you, but i've had a go to say the least :lol:

phaedrus
15th May 2004, 06:05 PM
Gengar / Levitate @ --
Shadow Ball
Confuse Ray
Sludge Bomb
Thunderbolt / Psychic

With

Gligar / Sand Veil / Hyper Cutter @ --
E-Quake
Metal Claw
Wing Attack / Aerial Ace
Return / Screech / Sandstorm

*Note*
Gengar's levitate saves it from E-Quake, which is lucky for you. Sandstorm because it would take advantadge of the Sand Veil ability.

Gengar gets hit from Sandstorm. That's not good.

Brumlad02
15th May 2004, 06:21 PM
Gengar gets hit from Sandstorm. That's not good.

Well i did say it was off the top of my head...

HienkyakuX
16th May 2004, 09:01 AM
Gengar is ok I'll use thunderbolt to guard gligar
Gligar I'll use aerial ace and screech I onli got the sand veil ability just in case some tyranitar pups in.
Gyarados will be whit ninjask then but what will be good for the last spot of gyarados then?

Now for solrock and camerupt is ther another option I don't really have luck whit the sun is a good set aniway if the is no better choise I'll use them maibe the solrock will have better luck on 2v2.

Brumlad02
16th May 2004, 09:24 AM
Gengar is ok I'll use thunderbolt to guard gligar
Gligar I'll use aerial ace and screech I onli got the sand veil ability just in case some tyranitar pups in.
Gyarados will be whit ninjask then but what will be good for the last spot of gyarados then?

Now for solrock and camerupt is ther another option I don't really have luck whit the sun is a good set aniway if the is no better choise I'll use them maibe the solrock will have better luck on 2v2.

Well i can't think of any other options for those pokemon.. i only thought of that because you seemed to be a fan of the earthquake move ;)

Always remember the following when using Earthquake;

Use a Pokemon that has the 'Levitate' ability.
Use a Pokemon that is part Flying.
Use a Pokemon that has the move protect/detect.

Rabid_Cow
18th May 2004, 08:22 PM
Well i can't think of any other options for those pokemon.. i only thought of that because you seemed to be a fan of the earthquake move ;)

Always remember the following when using Earthquake;

Use a Pokemon that has the 'Levitate' ability.
Use a Pokemon that is part Flying.
Use a Pokemon that has the move protect/detect.

May I add one more to the list? I have used a Blaziken on my Double or Nothin' team and he was INTENTIONALLY hit by E-Quake. I used Endure+Reversal+Salac Berry and it has won me MANY rounds by itself. I personally think that a Blaziken could replace your Marowak, and give him this M/S:

Blaziken @Salac Berry (Spd.)
-Overheat
-Endure
-Reversal
-Earthquake/Facade

He could take the Earthquake and double one back at the opponents w/o risk of killin his partner. Facade is also an option cause if you get poisoned it sucks when you endure a hit then die immedietally... I personally believe this guy w/this set is better than Ninjask or Camerupt as Gyrados's partner. Everything else that I saw was a problem has been addressed by others.

Hope this was of some help!

Brumlad02
20th May 2004, 03:00 AM
May I add one more to the list? I have used a Blaziken on my Double or Nothin' team and he was INTENTIONALLY hit by E-Quake. I used Endure+Reversal+Salac Berry and it has won me MANY rounds by itself. I personally think that a Blaziken could replace your Marowak, and give him this M/S:

Blaziken @Salac Berry (Spd.)
-Overheat
-Endure
-Reversal
-Earthquake/Facade

He could take the Earthquake and double one back at the opponents w/o risk of killin his partner. Facade is also an option cause if you get poisoned it sucks when you endure a hit then die immedietally... I personally believe this guy w/this set is better than Ninjask or Camerupt as Gyrados's partner. Everything else that I saw was a problem has been addressed by others.

Hope this was of some help!

Never thought of that, besides i'm not great at 2v2 teams, that was my first rating :P