PDA

View Full Version : loopholes

YoMomMa
12th May 2004, 12:08 PM
post any loophols ofr any card game you know of.

this like in magic where you have the followign cards:

Soul Foundry
Megatog (or Atog or Krark Clan Shaman)
Dross Scorpion
Ornithopter (or Cathodion or Myr Moonvessel)

heres how this loophole works

you use soul foundry to remove ornithopter from the game
you play dross scorpoin and megatog
tap soul foundry for the free ornithopter
kill it with megatog
dross scrorpion untaps soul foundy
repeat 1 million times

now post yours!!!

YoMomMa
18th May 2004, 10:59 PM
what? has nobody ever used a loophole in ANY cardgame?

Razola
20th May 2004, 12:53 AM
Rites of Passage + Spikeshot = Teh win?

Water Pokemon Master
20th May 2004, 01:28 AM
Can you explain just what exactly a loop hole is? I am lost.

Red Angel
20th May 2004, 01:57 AM
loophole n.: A way of escaping a difficulty, especially an omission or ambiguity in the wording of a contract or law that provides a means of evading compliance.

First of all, those would be called combos, not loopholes. A loophole, as stated above, is a way to achieve something by bending the rules. What you posted does not bend the rules, and as such isn't a loophole. It's a combo; so what? The official Magic site has weekly articles dedicated to these sorts of combos, so they're nothing new.

Oh, and since you asked, I'll post a combo:
Channel (http://www.essentialmagic.com/Cards/ViewCard.asp?ID=2203)
Fireball (http://www.essentialmagic.com/Cards/ViewCard.asp?ID=35834)
Black Lotus (http://www.essentialmagic.com/Cards/ViewCard.asp?ID=24226)
Any land that produces Red mana.

1) Play Black Lotus, tap and sacrifice for 3 green mana.
2) Play land, tap for Red mana.
3) Play Channel, pay 19 life, add 19 mana to mana pool.
4) Play Fireball, spending the Red mana, the 19 colorless mana from Channel, and the one remaining Green mana.
5) Watch as 20 damage hits your opponent.
6) Smile.

Water Pokemon Master
20th May 2004, 02:00 AM
Whoa, that is very confusing for someone who has never played Magic. It seems like a virus is attacking your opponent or something. :)

Ok, here is a fake loophole I made up.

Flip a coin. If heads, you win the game. If tails, your opponent loses the game.

Roarkiller
20th May 2004, 09:00 AM
The only loophole i know and use is the useage of coins or their substitutes, which must be agreed by both players i.e. both players must agree that what they r using is allowed by the other player.

Hence both players can agree to use a loaded coin. Or a player good at flipping coins may suggest that they use a coin instead of a dice.

Another trick, which may not be a loophole but is a rather notorious trick in gambling, is playing around with the opponent's thinking. Basically, u need to know at least ur opponent's psyche to trick him into doing smthng voluntarily.

But one serious loophole i can think of is using penalties to turn the tide into ur game.

Some cards have effects that is related to the number of prizes. If the number of prizes happens to be short by one, he/she simply has to commit a foul and he has to put down an extra prize. His opponent of course gets a free prize, but that change in prize number may be in favor of the player. In fact, it could even be the decisive move.

Razola
20th May 2004, 10:50 PM
It's not a loophole, it's called going infinite. Infinite damage, life, etc.

Loophole is not the proper term.

Dark-San
22nd May 2004, 10:43 AM
Yupz looks like loopholes in pokemon TCG had been exposed ;) Well an open secret right?

As for Yu Gi Oh, I can't of any loopholes except for maybe the difference in rules. In Hong Kong, when Thousand Eyes Restrict absord in your opponent's Witch of Black Forest and if the Witch does get discard into the graveyard, your opponent cannot search as Witch at that time is considered an equipment card not a monster card. Hence effect is negated.

However we played that differently in Singapore. Given the above situation, we still can search into the deck for the creature if Witch of Black Forest is send into the graveyard!

YoMomMa
23rd May 2004, 06:34 PM
a loophole (thats what we call em here) is somethign tahts a autowin combo thats easy to do or something that bends the rules without breaking em.
the black lotus trick is hard to do cuz not many ppl got a black lous and against any healer deck that trik woulnt let them live and leave u with 1 point

Amethyst Flygon
23rd May 2004, 08:10 PM
There is also that combo Yugi used against a rare hunter on the show. I do not know if it is legal, but because of cards owned by both players, Yugi made Marik deck himself. That Egyptian god card was his downfall in that battle.

HbCharizard
23rd May 2004, 08:20 PM
Loopholes...hmmm...There's this cool loophole where if a Relenquished sucks in a monster, someone can Harpies Feather Duster or something like that and that monster goes bye bye. Heh, I love doin that.

The Muffin Man
23rd May 2004, 09:52 PM
Whoa, that is very confusing for someone who has never played Magic. It seems like a virus is attacking your opponent or something. :)

Ok, here is a fake loophole I made up.

Flip a coin. If heads, you win the game. If tails, your opponent loses the game.
...*rubs temple*That's not a loophole. A loophole is technically legal. Like how Prof. Oak said discard your hand, but could be used if one card remained in your hand and it was Oak, you had to discard nothing, essentially getting 7 free cards.

And HB - Actually, if you use M. Scientist to summon Relinquished or Thousand Eyes Restrict, you can take a monster, attack, then have it destroyed when Relinquished dissapears, Essentially giving you minor monster removal, AND a free attack for only 1000LP.

SWAMPERT1
26th May 2004, 11:43 PM
There is also that combo Yugi used against a rare hunter on the show. I do not know if it is legal, but because of cards owned by both players, Yugi made Marik deck himself. That Egyptian god card was his downfall in that battle.
That was an illegal move because of Revival Jams effect. You see for one, Marik would of lost life points to bring it back. The second is that once Revival Jam is destroyed, It would be brought back to MARIKS side of the field if he paid 1500 LPs. And also Gods are illegal in duels:rolleyes:, yata, yata, yata, blah, blah, blah.

YoMomMa
6th June 2004, 01:09 AM
That was an illegal move because of Revival Jams effect. You see for one, Marik would of lost life points to bring it back. The second is that once Revival Jam is destroyed, It would be brought back to MARIKS side of the field if he paid 1500 LPs. And also Gods are illegal in duels:rolleyes:, yata, yata, yata, blah, blah, blah.
thats tv, the effects are different. yugi cheats...

Chrisodeo
22nd June 2004, 12:02 AM
Bringer of the White Dawn + Mindslaver

Put Mindslaver into the graveyard somehow (Razormane Masticore is my fave), play the Bringer. Next upkeep, return Mindslaver, activate, and take your opponent's turn. Repeat as necessary. In short, you control your opponent's turns, as many times as you like.

Stasis + Vedalken Mastermind

Bounce-on-a-stick, meet your Type 1 friend. Play Stasis, let your opponent skip untap step, eot bounce Stasis. Your turn, play Stasis, do whatever else you need. They still don't untap, eot bounce Stasis. Blah blah, they never untap again, and you have much fun.

Leveler + Beacon of Destruction/Immortality/Tomorrows

So you've just removed your library from the game. Whoops! Well, you do have a 10/10 artifact creature. But it can't attack just yet. Next turn, you lose. What do you do? Why, you go infinte! Cast a Beacon, and it gets shuffled into your (empty) library. Next turn, play it again. After that, play it again. Until (choose one) _your opponent has taken 20 damage/you've gained exponential life/you've taken infinite turns_. OH SNAP!