PDA

View Full Version : jade cocoon

soggy_cardboard
30th January 2003, 12:50 AM
i heard this game plays like pokemon, it this true???

Drunken Pirate
30th January 2003, 01:19 AM
It's a good game, I played the demo for hours. It is alot like Pokemon.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
30th January 2003, 02:05 AM
It's somewhat like Pokémon. You can catch monsters and then use them in battle yourself. I think you can also breed them to create stronger ones like in Dragon Quest Monsters. It's been a while that I've played it. It has some good background story too.

Drunken Pirate
30th January 2003, 09:23 AM
You can combine monters together to get really weird looking ones.

soggy_cardboard
6th February 2003, 02:02 AM
cool, i might hire/buy it

how many different pokes, i mean, "monsters" are there in the game?

Victreebong
14th February 2003, 12:19 PM
lots, in fact you wont see half of them until you reach the final (continueous) part of the game. see, in this game they use a four elemental based system, where have we seen that before. each monster has a water/ice, fire, ground, and electric/air based form so for every monster you encounter, expect to see three more palette swapt monsters that look the same with different moves according to element. unlike a lot of RPGs that try to use elemental systems (Xenogears, FFVII), in this one you will be required to use elemental properties since your normal attack wont do squat. and since there's only four of them, you'll have a very easy time remembering that water beats fire which beats air which beats ground which beats water. good game, and once your monsters are in thier 30s it's safe to say they're maxed out, since there's only so much time you can spend in the endless corridor. I'm only talking about the first one by the way, the second one i have no idea.