PDA

View Full Version : Poll: things that make you cringe

[McGraw]
13th May 2004, 01:51 PM
1. Chalk screeching on a blackboard... I think this doesn't need explaining.
2. Overt shows of affection in public places - also known as groping, snogging etc. frankly, I just don't want to know
3. Pop Idol and other such programmes
4. Matthew Kelly - get off the TV, you are not funny

However, "The Office" makes me cringe in a positive way... I think I spent more time cringing during the Christmas specials than laughing.

Heald
13th May 2004, 01:56 PM
All my friends that think they're funny when they're actually not.
The Office.
This kid at a Quiz Night who did the Time Warp.

But back onto my friends. I got to a pretty smart-arse school and so because everyone is clever or British, most think they are witty. Hence, everyday I'm bombarded with sh*tty jokes.

Just because the British are inherently witty doesn't mean you have the right to make sh*tty jokes.

nightcrow
13th May 2004, 03:25 PM
1. Worms.
2. Girls who ask something really stupid and once they get an answer, they say "oh. JUST KIDDING!!"
3. Smelling puke.
4. Dumb people!

ace
13th May 2004, 03:50 PM
1.People brushing the ground(with a broom), aww that makes me cringe so bad, makes my toes and teeth feel weird and goes right through me, I don't know why...Blackboard+chalk screeching has no effect on me.

2.When people miscue badly in snooker/pool. The sound is cringe inducing

3.Seeing people torture stuff. I saw these kids messing with a worm, chopping it up and stuff, I could have been physically sick....awww....

ChicRocketJames
13th May 2004, 04:40 PM
1. People being embarrassed in public. Not just myself, but anyone at all, especially where public speaking is involved. I just want to curl up into a ball on the floor when somene says something stupid in class. The same thing goes for TV shows, like The Office, and the excruciating eulogy scene in an early episode of Ally McBeal. I even experienced severe cringing and feelings of sympathy watching poor President Bush fluff that press conference a few months ago, and I despise the man and everything he stands for! I've never had a similar experience myself, I think I just live in fear of it. ^^

2. Anyone cutting their fingers. Even thinking about it makes me cringe and ball my hands into fists. I have to turn away during the scene in Little Shop of Horrors where Seymour squeezes blood out of a nick on his finger to feed the tiny Audrey II.... yuck. I can handle decapitation, dismemberment and disembowelling better than finger-cuts.

3. Vanessa Feltz. Every time that woman opens her mouth, or even appears on television, I cringe pre-emptively.

RedStarWarrior
13th May 2004, 04:47 PM
Annoying polls such as this one. ;)

Well, actually, nothing really gets on my nerves despite some of people in the forums as SPP that I moderate. They ask questions which have already been answered countless times before.

Kris
13th May 2004, 05:37 PM
Wooden lolipop sticks! they are the cruelest thing ever!!!

Ugh

Crystal Mew
13th May 2004, 07:10 PM
Nails on chalkboards...omfg @_______% I can hear it now, and I'm cringing, haha

stupid annoying kids, bugs

and forks scratching against a plate..OMFG thats as bad as nails running down a chalkboard X____X *cringe cringe*

um, I think thats about it :wave:

mr_pikachu
13th May 2004, 07:28 PM
Nails or chalk on a chalkboard... rrgh!

This weird set of bowls we have that rattle my eardrums when they scrape each other...

Bugs in my room... I don't mind them (as much) outside of the house, but when they come in...

People who diss something before even trying it once (yes, everyone here knows what I mean)

People on other forums who write an entire fanfiction in about two minutes. What a waste of time!

Politicians. :lol:

Uhh... that's about it...

phaedrus
13th May 2004, 07:35 PM
pop and rap music, and country too.

the bush administration. don't want to think about it -.-"

nails+blackboard=hell

logarithms=hell

styrofoam=hell

whydoikeepusingequations=hell

kids, fork+plate = i'm dead xp

Agent Elrond
14th May 2004, 01:41 PM
Condescending adults who think any child under 25 has the IQ of a watermelon.

Ticks. (I can handle spiders, snakes, earth worms, frogs, etc. Just NOT ticks. They are evil and should be flushed down the toilet.)

Anybody in an SUV.

Listening to my parents bicker. (AAAAAAAAAAAA!)