PDA

View Full Version : Baltoy episode Spoilers! Sweet filler for once!

Zak
13th May 2004, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I got this info from both Palette and from Dogasu of Serebii forums. I'll put what I remember in my own words:

Ash's friends are barely in this episode. most of it is JUST Ash. This is another split-up episode. Anyway, contrary to the old rumors, Regirock was not in this episode. But I'm actualy happy about the plot. Basically, they travel in the misty mountains and come across ruins, and a young girl with a Baltoy. Her name is Kuruyo, and she has a lifelong dream of being an archaeologist. They also come across a mysterious woman in a red cloak who is an archaeologist who randomly appears in the ruins, and sings a beautiful mysterious tune (And yes, that is the girl from the preview people thought was from Team Magma. She isn't). She also has a Baltoy, and a Xatu.
Anyway, Kuruyo and her Baltoy are at the ruins because they hear that there is a precious treasure there, which she hopes to find and get more hope for her career. However, she has no idea what this treasure is. Afterwards, the woman appears and seems to know what the teasure is, but instead of telling them, she just hints.

Not sure about some in between stuff, but after much searching, the mysterious archaeologist lady with the Xatu and Baltoy reveals herself to be Kuruyo's "Mirai no Anata" meaning "Future Self". The mysterious portal in the ruins is a time machine, and she reveals to her that the "secret precious treasure" is time. Therefore, she learns that she doesn't have to rush things to be an archaeologist. In fact, seeing her future figure as one, she doesn't need any more hope! :D

Anyway, I'm not sure about the details, and I may have left some important stuff out, but I'll do a guide for this soon. I can't wait to see this one :D Also I guess this means that if she knows she'll someday get a Xatu in the future as well... and of course, her little Baltoy won't be evolving for a little while. Heh, what a way to lose hope.

Now, if only we got to see Ash's future self, and his friends... okay, I think I'll stop there to avoid flying fruit from the Shippers. =P

~Zak

Chris 2.1
14th May 2004, 12:13 PM
Wow, way to go writers! That's a very clever idea. Not much else to say. *shrug* At least Xatu was used much better than in its awful Johto filler. I like how some Johto Pokemon are getting a second chance to shine in AG, after their shammy debuts in Johto.

Animelee
15th May 2004, 01:25 AM
Now, was this an episode, or was this an episode?! I was so surprised when Kuruyo's future self revealed who she was! :eek: Craziness!

Future Chant of Yajiron/Baltoy (http://animedna.homestead.com/files/Pocket_Monsters_-_Series_-_Character_Song_-_Future_Chant_of_Yajiron.mp3)

Pewter City Geodude
16th May 2004, 12:22 AM
Quite clever writing in this episode, yes, I agree. I can only assume that her Baltoy didn't want to evolve because it was so proud of being involved with the whole Baltoy ruins thing they'd been through...and maybe only a Baltoy can activate the time machine, not a Claydol. Just speculation though. Otherwise, very inventive writing, and quite a unique episode. :)

Water Pokemon Master
16th May 2004, 01:09 AM
Hmm, that is the 2nd time they have had a time portal cave thingy. The first one was in the Relicanth episode, and in this one. Maybe somehow this will have to do with Hoenn in the future or something?

BTW, why did people think Regirock was in this episode?

Chris 2.1
16th May 2004, 04:08 PM
Well, Water Pokemon Master, Baltoy are only found in the Dessert in Pokemon Ruby an Sapphire, and that is also where Regirock's cave is located, so the Ruins mentioned in the episode title might easily have reffered to Regirocks Ruins.

Pewter City Geodude
16th May 2004, 06:59 PM
Well, Water Pokemon Master, Baltoy are only found in the Dessert in Pokemon Ruby an Sapphire,

Only in the dessert? *checks his ice cream* :lol:

Water Pokemon Master
16th May 2004, 09:32 PM
Oh, I see why. Maybe if the 8th movie features the Regis, they will return to that place and meet up with the girl or something.

Chris 2.1
17th May 2004, 10:48 AM
PCG: You won't find them in ice-cream. They're located south of Brownie City, in the tall jimmies around Sundae City and I think you can find them around Route yumyumyum.

:P

:P

AKA Pokemon Fan
17th May 2004, 01:18 PM
Hmm, that is the 2nd time they have had a time portal cave thingy. The first one was in the Relicanth episode, and in this one. Maybe somehow this will have to do with Hoenn in the future or something?
I don't think the Relicanth cave was supposed to be a time portal, that was just a symbolic term they used because underground many POkemon live as they did in prehistoric times. Throughout the series we've seen that prehistoric Pokemon usually live underground in Ash's present time.