PDA

View Full Version : Colosseum or FR/LG?

Darien Shields
13th May 2004, 04:48 PM
Hey-ho. I intend to get both Pokemon Colosseum and Fire Red (hell, I intend to get Leaf Green and Ruby too) but amd kinda strapped for cash ATM. I don't know whether to get Japanese Fire Red or English Colosseum (approximately the same price.) The merits of Colosseum as I see it are that it's a Game Cube Game, and so should be more fun to play (presumably) and with better graphics. On the other hand, Fire Red has Charmeleon (woo!) and Ditto (similarly woo), not to mention some sweet legends.

On the other hand, there is Bayleef, Suicune and the like in Colosseum... But anyway, if any of you have both, which one do you get the most out of?

My friend is also getting Colosseum, but I don't wanna welsh all those pokemon off him (he's getting LG too, so it's not like I'd be able to barter.)

Thanks.

andyizcool
13th May 2004, 04:52 PM
On the other hand, there is Bayleef, Suicune and the like in Colosseum... But anyway, if any of you have both, which one do you get the most out of?
Suicune is in Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green. Start with Charmander, I guess you might have wanted to anyway. Beat the Elite 4. After that Suicune will be running around in the wild. The Beast that your Starter Pokemon is weak to will always be in the wild after the Elite 4 on Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green.

Heald
13th May 2004, 05:07 PM
I'm not legally allowed to say this straight out loud so here is some advice if you want to play FR/LG...

Green
Eats
Trees

Time
Hones
Eagles

Really
Odd
Melons
!
!
!

Now read it down the left hand side. I hope that helps.

RAZ EDIT: To whomever emailed me, this post is fine. As a matter of fact, HealdPK can freely suggest to get the ROM. It becomes a problem when he tells you WHERE to get it.

Number1ChanseyFan
13th May 2004, 06:24 PM
Hey-ho. I intend to get both Pokemon Colosseum and Fire Red (hell, I intend to get Leaf Green and Ruby too) but amd kinda strapped for cash ATM. I don't know whether to get Japanese Fire Red or English Colosseum (approximately the same price.) The merits of Colosseum as I see it are that it's a Game Cube Game, and so should be more fun to play (presumably) and with better graphics. On the other hand, Fire Red has Charmeleon (woo!) and Ditto (similarly woo), not to mention some sweet legends.

My friend is also getting Colosseum, but I don't wanna welsh all those pokemon off him (he's getting LG too, so it's not like I'd be able to barter.)

Thanks.

Well, you are going to need all of the games if you want to obtain all 386 Pokémon. (Actually, only 382 of the 386 Pokémon are currently obtainable so far, but hopefully Nintendo will make the other 4 available through promomtions in the future.) So, all of the games are important. If you are strapped for cash, I would recommend going with Colosseum for right now, and waiting for Fire Red/Leaf Green. They are supposed to be released in English in the not-so-distant future, possibly around the beginning of September. (Although that is not confirmed.) So, you could get Colosseum now, and then save up money for when Fire Red/Leaf Green are released in English. You are most likely going to pay more than retail to import a Japanese version of games anyways, after you factor in shipping and the fact that places like to mark up the prices of exclusive stuff. So basically, that is what I would do... I am not saying that the way I would do things is the only way to do them or the right way, you should purchase the game that you want the most!! I hope that I was a little helpful. :)

Darien Shields
13th May 2004, 06:40 PM
-_-; Now I remember... the reason I particularly want FR is to patch up my Sapphire game before my berries stop. For that reason I'll want japanese. This was my planned game pattern;

Japanese Sapphire (Got!) Japanese Fire Red, UK Ruby, UK Leaf Green, UK Colosseum.

So yeah, thanks Heald, but I'm not interested in that, a friend has it and, well, first of all, I want the pokemon for hands on, trading and whatnot. Plus I've never found and erm, OM Ray to be as satisfying as hands-on, y'know how it is.

So I guess I'll get FR. That's uber cool about Suicune though.

Razola
13th May 2004, 09:32 PM
Coloseeum sucks. Get the japanese rom (though don't ask for it here) and wait for the English version. That way you save like 100 or so bucks on Colosseum and the pricey import.