PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Zzzzzz...

mr_pikachu
14th May 2004, 03:58 AM
Okay, I'm so dang bored right now... which means it's time for yet another one of my polls! This time the subject is... *takes paper slip from machine* ...boredom! Okay, here we go!

GENERAL SECTION

1. What do you do when you're bored?
2. Have you ever been so bored that you've intentionally hurt yourself?
3. Have you ever been bored while on TPM?
4. What kinds of things usually make you bored?
5. Do you think it's possible to actually die from boredom?

POKEMONIZED SECTION

6. When (if ever) have you been bored while playing a Pokemon game?
7. Have you ever purposely made your Pikachu angry on Pokemon Yellow?
8. Do you think Pokemon Monopoly is boring?
9. Do you own (or have you ever owned) one of those Pocket Pikachu devices? Were those exciting, or boring?
10. Have you ever been bored enough to make "smileys" of Pokemon out of computer characters?

And my answers...

GENERAL SECTION

1. I usually come on TPM... but that's until I get bored here, too. Then I branch out to Fanfiction sites, until finally winding back up at TPM.
2. Yes, actually. I fondly recall punching walls, pounding my own skin, and slamming doors on various appendages... *sighs* Those were the days...
3. *see answer to question 1* Usually at about 2 A.M., when no one's on except a few Aussies. ;)
4. Talking to my old g/f usually did the trick... I'd ask a simple question, and two minutes later I'd hear, "Oh, fine..." Those were the most boring conversations of my life. XD
5. I'm certain of it. I could feel my life force draining from me during a lot of the conversations I mentioned in answer #4. :sleep:

POKEMONIZED SECTION

6. Usually while chasing the Legendary Dogs of GSC, though I also hate strolling through the Victory Road(s) and levelling up for big battles...
7. Once, yes. He was mad at me for about a week afterward, though, so I never, ever did it again.
8. Heck, I think regular Monopoly is boring! And with all those ways for players to come back from certain defeat... I still have nightmares about some of those fateful dice rolls. :eek:
9. I never had the pleasure, though I'm sure I would have thoroughly enjoyed one.
10. Yeah; I have a whole file on Microsoft Word of early Pokemon. I quit after Bulbasaur though, since it was... erm... pathetic. Hey, you try making Pokemon smileys! :mad2:

woz
14th May 2004, 05:14 AM
GENERAL SECTION

1. watch tv, listen to music, talk to people, etc. the usual stuff.
2. no.
3. yes.
4. when nothing is happening.
5. no.

POKEMONIZED SECTION

6. usually after 30m of playing.
7. i never owned pokemon yellow.
8. i never played pokemon monopoly, but i'm sure i could play it without being bored. it is monopoly after all.
9. no. they seemed like a waste of money to me.
10. no.

ChicRocketJames
14th May 2004, 05:16 AM
GENERAL SECTION

1. What do you do when you're bored?]
If I'm bored, it's usually because I'm feeling too apathetic to do anything, not that I lack things to do.

I've been so bored that I've watched EastEnders, so the answer is yes.

Nah, there's always something to do, like constantly refresh the FanFic page and shout "Reply, you sons of bitches!"

I don't often get bored with a specific thing, because I think boredom shows a lack of intelligence in a person. It just sometimes creeps up on me and I get bored with everything for a few hours, until it passes.

Having sat through three hours of equity and trusts on a Friday afternoon, I can unequivocally say that it is not.

Sometimes levelling up or such gets boring after a while, so I just switch off to play later.

No! What kind of monster do you think I am?

I hate cheesy cartoon tie-ins of games which are fun on their own. Cluedo is better than Simpsons Cluedo.

9. Do you own (or have you ever owned) one of those Pocket Pikachu devices? Were those exciting, or boring?
I've never owned one, and never will. They sound pretty boring if you're not a Pikachu fan.

10. Have you ever been bored enough to make "smileys" of Pokemon out of computer characters?
Not Pokemon characters, but years ago I did concoct this chicken:
=(:<>)= (you have to turn your head sideways to the left to see it).

gomez
14th May 2004, 09:23 AM
1. Do push-ups or play my Blue version.

2. Only when I am doing stupid things, like when I am biting my nails and I bite too far in and make myself bleed. The stuff is almost never intentional.

3. Yeah, like when I can't find topics to post in. It happened yesterday, so I had to go look up some adult material. Good stuff.

4. Repetitive things usually.

5. On purpose, no. Accidentally, yes. I was waiting for an interview for about fifteen minutes standing up (no chairs) when I stumbled on my feet (I was trying to clean one shoe with the other) and almost landed on a filing cabinet corner. I caught myself a few inches from falling on my eye. Funny stuff man, funny stuff.

6. Gold=waiting for eggs to hatch. Blue=being at too high of a level and just battling opponents with a type not resistant to mine.

7. Just own the above two colors.

8. I haven't played it, but I'd say yes.

9. Haven't played one, and don't ever want to.

10. No. Sounds boring.

classy_cat18
14th May 2004, 09:39 AM
Write, listen to music, play GBA (don't have my GC with me), play computer solitare.

It's rare, and it's definitely not intentional. I sometimes bang my head on stuff.

Yeah, when I reply to AC/CC or Fanfic or RPG and wait for someone to reply.

Long lectures, nothing on TV, lack of GC or music, studying for too long...

It depends on what you do to end that boredom. But yeah, I believe it.

When I'm levelling my Pokemon b/c I'm scared that a gym leader will bust my butt. Also when I'm looking for rare Pokemon for a long time.

Just to see how he would react!

Don't know; never played it. But it is Monopoly.

I own the PP 2, bought it when it was marked down in Gamespot. It's a nice boredom buster with its little blackjack game.

Don't know how to do it.

Red Angel
14th May 2004, 09:42 AM
GENERAL SECTION

What anyone else answering this poll is likely to do: log on to TPM. Or play Warcraft, read, or chat with friends over MSN.

What kind of question is this? Er... no.

Sometimes. That usually means that its time to go do something else.

Just about anything, once in a while. The only thinbg that has never, ever bored me is sleep.

Doubtfull, but I'm sure someone is willing to try it out.

Leveling up someone I don't care about for Pokedex completion, or waiting for the damn creadits to scroll in RBY. Oh, and hataching eggs. Dumbest. Feature. Ever.

Yes, out of boredom :P

I have no idea. I've never played it.

Yeah, I"m ashamed to admit I did invest in the color version. It was novel for a while, but... bleargh.

No. Hell no.

phaedrus
14th May 2004, 11:58 AM
GENERAL SECTION

1. What do you do when you're bored? tpm, gamecube, gba, guitar
2. Have you ever been so bored that you've intentionally hurt yourself? no. too fragile.
3. Have you ever been bored while on TPM? yea. it's gets boring cuz not too many people post anymore.
4. What kinds of things usually make you bored? doing nothin.
5. Do you think it's possible to actually die from boredom? why not?

POKEMONIZED SECTION

6. When (if ever) have you been bored while playing a Pokemon game? leveling pokes up.
7. Have you ever purposely made your Pikachu angry on Pokemon Yellow? not that evil.
8. Do you think Pokemon Monopoly is boring? never tried it.
9. Do you own (or have you ever owned) one of those Pocket Pikachu devices? Were those exciting, or boring? nope.
10. Have you ever been bored enough to make "smileys" of Pokemon out of computer characters? no.

ZeldaFan20
14th May 2004, 12:19 PM
1.) I usually either play my video games, watch TV, go Online, or read a book when I'm bored.

2.) You're kidding, right? I'd never hurt myself even if I wasn't.

3.) Maybe a couple of times, but that was when I couldn't find any good topics to post on.

4.) School, peer group meetings, days when there's nothing good on either the TV or radio, and that's just a few!

5.) Well...I've never seen it happen yet, so...no.

6.) I got bored trying to purify my Pokémon on Colosseum. I still play it every now and then, though.

7.) I'm not sure if it counts, but...I did experiment with using a Thunderstone on it in Yellow---wasn't too thrilled about it.

8.) I don't own that game, so I wouldn't know.

9.) I've had my GS Pokémon Pikachu 2 for over three years. It's not boring, but I just keep it for the clock these days.

10.) Not really...I don't know how.

kainashi
14th May 2004, 01:48 PM
GENERAL SECTION

1. listen to music or something.
2. no.
3. most of the time.
4. when nothing is happening.
5. no.

POKEMONIZED SECTION

6. 20 minutes or so.
7. i guess i did.
8. ?_?
9. no.
10. no.

Silver Ledian
14th May 2004, 04:22 PM
GENERAL SECTION

When I'm offline and bored, I'd normally switch on my computer and connect to the NET, while listening to music. While I'm online and bored, I often go downstairs to watch some TV and eat. Eating is a habit of mines when I'm bored. One thing I don't do is play my Gamecube when I'm bored, I seem to only play that when I'm in the mood too :lookout:

Not that I know of XD

Yes, I think everyone should have at some stage, since I'm sure there's been a time when every person has replied or browsed through all the threads in the forums they normally visit. Over the last few days though, when there's been nothing to do in PCG and Misc, I've ventured into the forums I rarely visit e.g. Fanfics, General Disc etc.

What? Obviously not having anything to do XD Or getting sick of the things I do every day. And getting lots of schoolwork to do also :sweat:

Well, it might lead to depression, which may lead to death :S But in most cases, no XD

POKEMONIZED SECTION

Yes, in the last year or so I've failed to complete a full pokémon game due to getting bored halfway through for some reason. I guess it's because you find the same 'mon in the same places all the time and so your teams are limitied - unless you wait until the 8th gym and then train up like 5 pokémon from level 15 to level 50

I don't have it :o My brother does, I don't think he has though.

Not at all, I think it's really good. In saying that, I play it like once a year - if even - but it can get quite good if you're playing with the right people and not your younger 6 year-old brother :sweat4:

Nope, I did have a tamogotchi though. It was a space chick...I did get bored of it after a while though.

Nope.

-----

Nice polls btw :)

Kris
14th May 2004, 05:29 PM

POKEMONIZED SECTION

1. Go on my gameboy, watch TV or design things on my comp.
2. Dont think so
3. Yeh, when I run out of posts to post in!
4. When I havent got any work to do, (havent had any work for two weeks now!)
5. Yes I do!
6. Yes when Im really stuck and just give up!
7. Nope
8. Ive never played it but it could be fun
9. never owned one
10. No....

RedStarWarrior
14th May 2004, 10:33 PM
GENERAL SECTION

TV or internet.
Yes.
Yes.
A lack of things makes me bored.
Not really.

POKEMONIZED SECTION

Never have been.
Nope.
Haven't played it so I don't know.
No and N/A.
I wasn't bored when I did it.

shazza
15th May 2004, 01:17 AM
GENERAL SECTION

-Browse the internet, watch TV etc.
-No.
-Yes.
-Nothing, school and stupid talks.
-No.

POKEMONIZED SECTION

-After 20 minutes.
-No.
-I have never played it.
-Yes I did. Those were boring.
-No.

AntiAsh Superstar
15th May 2004, 03:16 AM
1. Go online, train my pokémon up for a bit, daydream about plots for my Battle Range stories, kick myself into some sort of writing mood, drink if it's late enough to be socially acceptable and there's alcohol in the house... or a combination of some of the above. :oh:
2. No, but I HAVE been so bored that I actually paid attention to the random documentaries Soo seems to like on as background noise while she works, does that count?
3. Yup, usually happens when I can't find anything to reply to, I end up desperately trawling topics in a vain attempt to give some purpose to having gone online in the first place. :oh:
4. My work, data entry is a pile of crap. :grumble: At least I get paid to listen to CDs all day.
5. Fortunately for me, no, otherwise work would have killed me by now. I can't wait to get a better job in the summer. @_@;;;;
6. When either trying to breed and hatch eggs, otr when I'm really tired and find myself dozing off in the middle of training. The latter is usually the point where I admit I actually need sleep. :oh:
7. N/a - don't have Yellow, it seemed way too Ash-ified to be a worthy purchase. I prolly would make it mad, tho, it's be my way of going 'WHY WON'T YOU EVOLVE YOU *&^%^%&^".
8. As boring as regular Monopoly... I'm not too fond of the game as a whole, it lasts too long for my liking.
9. Never owned one, which is suprising given the fact that I'm a sucker for random merchandise.
10. Oh no, I'd normally go take a nap and sleep through the dull point before I reached that stage.