PDA

View Full Version : Trainer Fiction

josheatworld3315
30th January 2003, 04:53 AM
Okay, umm... Hey!

I'm new and yeah, this is my first post.

But anyway... I'm attempting a Trainer Fic, but haven't been able to get past my writers block, until tonight, when I typed an entire outline for my fic...

What I want, is some advice on Trainer Fiction, such as the dos and don'ts.

It would be greatly appreciated.

Mewfour
1st February 2003, 12:23 PM
It's pretty simple, really....

DO'S

- Make your character believable (meaning no Mary Sues/Marty Stus) People HATE those know-it-alls without flaws
- Continuity is a must!

DONT'S

- DO NOT, and I stress, DO NOT Make it the predictiable fic.

IE:

Trainer X gets powerful Pokemon X from some old geezer of a professer named after a tree, and Trainer X wants to go into the local League which is called The (insert color of your choice here) League.

PEOPLE. HATE. THAT.

- Don't give your trainr an absurdly powerful starter Pokemon. I've seen fics with the star getting an Aerodactyl or Mewtwo right off the bat. Beleivable? No. Sucky? Hell yes.

josheatworld3315
1st February 2003, 06:08 PM
Thanks. I figured that. And can I just say, your avatar is really painful to the eyes.

Mewfour
2nd February 2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by josheatworld3315
Thanks. I figured that. And can I just say, your avatar is really painful to the eyes.

That's the whole purpose of the Seizure-Inducing Avatar of Ultimate DOOM (tm)

josheatworld3315
2nd February 2003, 11:43 PM
Great Idea! I wish I'd thought of it...

Umm yeah, so if none else has anything to add, well this topic might as well be closed...

Togechukku
3rd February 2003, 03:18 AM
May as well leave it open; just in case someone else does have something else to point out, or someone has a bit of a questions. Saves having to make a new topic, don't you agree? You may wish to have a look at the topic on 'Useful Sites for Writing', because that has a few good links in it. I think I posted one on punctutation... great site that, (y)

Chris 2.1
5th February 2003, 11:49 AM
well, dont forget sucessful trainer fics grace these boards. Electric Buggy To Victory is a trainer fic, and its so so so sucessful! You can learn (learn, not copy) a lot from Ozandrew.

Anyway, Mewfour is right. However, my fanfic is a league, and a trainer fic. But the Pokemon recieved form the professor wasnt powerful. Try not to keep it bland (Make something special about it) and try to show us what you can do!