View Full Version : [GSC] I'm bored... RMT

Pig on the Wing
14th May 2004, 11:07 AM
As I put in RBY team post, I'm bored, so please RMT. This one is on my Crystal version, and I'm at a complete loss as to who else I should use... All help is welcome. Finally, I'm not including items.

Dunsparce ~ Worm @Whatever [F]
Glare <> Return <> Rock Slide <> Dig

What can I say? :D

Delibird ~ Santa @Whatever [F]
Fly <> Ice Beam <> Toxic <> Return

Fly/IB standard really, Toxic... because it's a nasty bloody attack and Return for a powerful physical.

Stantler ~ Rannoch @Whatever [F]
Confuse Ray <> Return <>Earthquake <> Psychic

Standard...... I think..... Hope.....

Feraligatr ~ Barbosa @Whatever [M]
Hydro Pump <> Attract <> Ice Beam <> Earthquake

Copying a Blastoise I saw once with this set, it works very well. I have tried Rock Slide/Crunch over Attract, but I find Attract works best. Call me stupid then... go on. I dare you.

Espeon ~ Sunshine @Whatever [F]
Psychic <> Bite <> Morning Sun <> Attract

This is the best Pokemon on the team, and she really kicks major ass. Best set on her too I reckon.

Houndour ~ Gaspode @Whatever [M]
Flamethrower <> Crunch <> Sunny Day <> Solarbeam

Standard Houndoom set. Finally... I'M NOT EVOLVING IT! I prefer Houndour to Houndoom...

Rate it then.... If you dare...

Poryhedron
14th May 2004, 01:22 PM
Dunsparce, Stantler and Houndour are all weak against Fighting attacks. It's usually a bad idea to have a single type threatening half your team like that; after all, if an opponent manages to faint your Espeon and then brings out a still-fresh powerful Fighting-type, you could be in trouble.
Is this purely an in-game team? If it is, that I don't mind your keeping Houndour in its basic form. I do that myself with Porygon when I use it as a main battler; I just like the polyhedral look enough to choose it over Porygon 2.0's better stats. However, if you're going to be battling your friends or participating in local tournaments a lot, you're hampering yourself unnecessarily. Humans are almost always better fighters than the in-game opponents, if only because they can reach level 100 as easily as you can.

Chris 2.1
14th May 2004, 04:36 PM
I suppose if you don't want to change any Pokes, you could try building more of a resistance to fighting types, but personally I'd ditch EITHER Stantler or Dunsparce, whichever. Replace with a flying type, maybe Noctowl (that way, you can throw in Psychic on its MS and help more against Machamps). Although be careful, as many flying types are also normal.

Umm so I think I know what I'm talking about....

Edit: If you want, you could change Return for Protect on Deli and make it an annoyer. Toxic, then Fly, occaisonally protect/fly and watch your opponent die. I think that would work.