PDA

View Full Version : Do evs actually exist in colliseum?

ace
14th May 2004, 02:50 PM
Do evs actually exist in colliseum? I mean, you can have pokemon stored in colliseum, and pokemon train level up and battle in colliseum so i wondered whether evs exist in colliseum and if it's possible to train by them. Also, would it be a good idea to try not to train some of the pokemon in colliseum so that I can trade them over once ive beaten the game and ev them on sapphire? Plus, is it possible to obtain new pokemon without them being shadow pokemon? (i havent got colliseum, btw). If no to these q's then i'll have to get a ditto of fr/lg and breed them to train them again wit evs.

Is that confusing? can u help? I typed this in a rush cos ive got so many questions... :lol:

Don't Run With Scizors
14th May 2004, 03:30 PM
Yeah, Pokémon do earn EVs in Colosseum. However, they will only earn EVs if they battle Pokémon when they have been de-shadowed. They won't earn EVs for anything they battled while they were shadowed.

There are only four Pokémon you can get that aren't shadow Pokemon when you first get them: Espeon, Umbreon, Plusle, and Ho-oh. Espeon and Umbreon earn a mandatory 2 Speed effort points and 2 HP effort points from battling Zigzagoon and Whismur before you can deposit either one into a PC and transfer it to a GBA cart for effort training once you beat the game.

Also, you can catch some Pokemon as female (anything that isn't genderless or all-male) and breed them now instead of having to wait for FRLG to get Ditto...

andyizcool
14th May 2004, 07:09 PM
Yeah, Pokémon do earn EVs in Colosseum. However, they will only earn EVs if they battle Pokémon when they have been de-shadowed. They won't earn EVs for anything they battled while they were shadowed.

Espeon and Umbreon earn a mandatory 2 Speed effort points and 2 HP effort points from battling Zigzagoon and Whismur before you can deposit either one into a PC and transfer it to a GBA cart for effort training once you beat the game.
1. So I can battle with my Shadow Pokemon and they won't get EVs? Thank you so much, now I can battle to deshadow my Rare Pokemon.

2. 2 Speed + 2 HP EVs would work for Espeon as a Special Sweeper. Remember he would have 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, and 6 HP EVs to be a Special Sweeper.

Ultimate Pikachu
14th May 2004, 08:08 PM
I would trade them to a GBA and breed because it is too hard to EV train in Colosseum. Remember that the only battles are trainer battles. As for the Pokémon you get only male or genderless, non-legendaries I would wait until Fire Red and Leaf Green. I'm in no hurry.