PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] RMT Please

Quagsire94
14th May 2004, 04:48 PM
This is the team which I've used throughout Gold and will continue to use while playing R/S. Please give me feedback, and make any changes if you'd like. Here they are:

Ampharos: Leftovers

Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Fire Punch
Reflect

This set works pretty well. Having a single physical weakness, I've always preferred Reflect over Light Screen. Fire Punch is an excellent move for Grass types, and even certain dual types.

Alakazam: Bight Powder

Pshychic
Thunder Wave
Barrier
Recover

I like this set a lot. Rather than using the punches, I have chosen only a single offensive move. With his speed, he can set up quickly, first using Barrier and later Recover when needed. T-Wave is for the rest of my team, and I suppose for guys who are even faster than him.

Thyphlosin: Leftovers/Focus Band

Sunny Day
Flamethrower
Endure
Reversal

My team has a lot of problems with Normal type Heal-Bellers (namely Blissey), which is why I have chosen the Endure/Reversal combo. Sunny Day is great for really any Fire guy, and even helps...

Meganium: Leftovers

Leech Seed
Earthquake/Reflect
Light Screen
Synthesis

This set has gone through a lot of changes recently. I decided to switch Meganium from an attacker (he previously had Solarbeam, Earthquake, and Ancient Power) to more of a tankish Pokemon. Earthquake may still serve as a good move, though, to combat Fire types who will certainly appear during Sunny Day's span. At the very least, it is a strong, powerful attack, which no other teamate has (who is not part Ground, anyway).

Dragonite: Leftovers

Thunder Wave
Haze
Thunderbolt
Surf

Thunder Wave continues the paralysis theme of my team. Haze is important to have, and I feel that Dragonite can employ it well. In R/S, I would have at least one physical move (Focus Punch....I'm that desperate to cover Normal types), but here, I have simply opted for two elemental moves. I felt that a Water type move was important, because otherwise, I would have little coverage against Rock and Ground (not having any Grass moves as well).

Quagsire: Leftovers

Earthquake
Ice Beam
Safeguard
Amnesia

Who would have guessed I use Quagsire? :) I love this set, and can safetly say this is a final one. I have deliberated over these moves for months, and feel this is a very effective set. Surf is too much expected on a Water guy, and overlaps with Earthquake type-wise. Actually, between E-quake and Ice Beam, he covers every type Surf would anyway. Anmesia is a great move which not so many Pokemon (especially those with a higher Physical Defense than Special Defense) learn. Safeguard I could see being very debatable. Some would say it is a waste, but I disagree. You see, being Water/Ground, Quagsire tends to attract Grass types, and it is Grass Pokemon who tend to have the most Status inflicting moves (the Powders for instance). Thus, using Safeguard as they send out a Grass guy, then switching to maybe Dragonite (4x Resistance to Grass) is ideal.

There you have it. Sorry for writing kind of a lot, but I thought it would help to explain each moveset's goal. Thanks for those who rate my team!

Leon-IH
14th May 2004, 07:13 PM

Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Fire Punch
Reflect
~ Ice punch over reflect if your so interested in stomping grounds..

Psychic
Thunder Wave
Barrier
Recover
~ i've always spoken against this, fire/ice punch over barrier and try equipping a miracle berry, para owns kazams

Typhlosion: Leftovers/Focus Band

Sunny Day
Flamethrower
Endure
Reversal
~ umm, Thunder Punch over sunny day, stick with lefties, this guy is only really great on paper.

Leech Seed
Earthquake/Reflect
Light Screen
Synthesis
~ my advice.. try this setup Swords Dance, Synthesis, Ancient Power, Earthquake, that gets rolling and its GG

Thunder Wave
Haze
Thunderbolt
Surf
~ good, but not good.. axe tbolt for double edge immediately or i shall murder you in your bed, besides that ill be nice.

Earthquake
Ice Beam
Safeguard
Amnesia
~ yay for crappy defence and no recovery, not to mention LOUSY offence.. hell, maybe use dnite as an attack and have haze, rest, surf, earthquake as your quaggy set

phaedrus
15th May 2004, 12:27 PM

Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Fire Punch
Reflect

standard.

Pshychic
Thunder Wave
Barrier
Recover

i'd pick a punch over barrier/recover. just in case you come upon a dark/psychic-type.

Thyphlosin: Leftovers/Focus Band

Sunny Day
Flamethrower
Endure
Reversal

setting up is the only thing in question. focusband would help more.

Leech Seed
Earthquake/Reflect
Light Screen
Synthesis

ok.

Thunder Wave
Haze
Thunderbolt
Surf

capitalize on attack. wingattack and rockslide will cover it's weaknesses.

Earthquake
Ice Beam
Safeguard
Amnesia

curse>safeguard, then it's probably ok.

Sir Chris
16th May 2004, 11:17 AM
Leon, unless my memory fails me, which it happens to do sometimes, I do not think that Ampharos learns ice punch...

Amphy - works for me, amphy isn't exactly the most veristle little electric that could.

Alakazam- a punch, an elemental punch, boo barrier, yay elemental punch, you choose..

Ty- EQ/tpunch/fire blast/sunny day is your ONLY option >_>

meganium- razor leaf over reflect tyvm

Leon-IH
19th May 2004, 10:07 PM
^^ your probably right, i posted that at 1am in the mornin over here which trust me is a nasty time to be posting