PDA

View Full Version : Rmt

CerealKiller
15th May 2004, 06:50 AM
Hello all, I havent been here in a long time, and as a matter of fact i havent played pokemon in ages either, so my movesets may seem old and useless but please help me out. ^_^;
I havent thought of items to attach either, so if you would please help me out there as well.
I forgot to mentionthis is strictly a R/S Team, i have no acces to collesuem, or FR/LG.

Skarmory
Item: Non
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Drill Peck
- (Open For Suggestion)

I think this set used to be standard when i was around here

Ninetales
Item: Leftovers
- Fireblast
- Will-o-Wisp
- Confuse-Ray
- Hp-Grass

I know WoW and confuse ray condridict, but i didnt know what else to put.

Manectric
- Thunderbolt
- Crunch
- Thunderwave
- Roar

A standard parashuffler, although he may not be able to take alot of damage

Golduck
- Surf
- Ice-beam
- Brick Break
- (Open for suggestion)

I seriously dont know what to do here, i put BB instead of Cross-Chop because my golduck is EV trained and having to breed him and do all of that over is too much trouble

Gardevoir
Item: Shell Bell
- Calm-Mind
- Psychic
- Will-o-Wisp
- (Open for suggestions)

I know if i add Thunderbolt it will be another standard, but i seriously dont want to add thunderbolt on her, maybe torment? O_o;

Absol
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Shadow Ball
- Aerial Ace

I love this set, it has done wonders for me, and is no subject to change.

Thank you for your help in advance. ^_^

drizzt
16th May 2004, 11:42 AM
Skarmory: If u put Roar on him you'll have the standard set.

Ninetales: I no many people would disagree with the WoW+Confuse Ray combo but IMO i tink its good. Keep it.

Manectric: IMO this is the best set for him

Magnectric@king's Rock
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder bolt
-Attract
-bite

Golduck: I dont no much about him so im not to much help here

Gardevoir: Well thats the only good set for her so you should add thunderbolt.

Hope i helped.

Brumlad02
16th May 2004, 12:03 PM
Hello all, I havent been here in a long time, and as a matter of fact i havent played pokemon in ages either, so my movesets may seem old and useless but please help me out. ^_^;
I havent thought of items to attach either, so if you would please help me out there as well.
I forgot to mentionthis is strictly a R/S Team, i have no acces to collesuem, or FR/LG.

Skarmory
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Drill Peck
- (Open For Suggestion)

I think this set used to be standard when i was around here

I'd put Steel Wing in the last spot ;)

Ninetales
- Fireblast
- Will-o-Wisp
- Confuse-Ray
- Hp-Grass

I know WoW and confuse ray condridict, but i didnt know what else to put.

Heh, personally i love using the two together! i'd say F-Thrower over F-Blast though.

Manectric
- Thunderbolt
- Crunch
- Thunderwave
- Roar

A standard parashuffler, although he may not be able to take alot of damage

Manectric's movepool is limited, so stick with that set.

Golduck
- Surf
- Ice-beam
- Brick Break
- (Open for suggestion)

I seriously dont know what to do here, i put BB instead of Cross-Chop because my golduck is EV trained and having to breed him and do all of that over is too much trouble

I just finished training up a Golduck and my set is:

~ Calm Mind
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Psybeam (breed only) (i did actually want psychic, but meh couldn't be bothered to train the necessary pokemon)

Gardevoir
- Calm-Mind
- Psychic
- Will-o-Wisp
- (Open for suggestions)

I know if i add Thunderbolt it will be another standard, but i seriously dont want to add thunderbolt on her, maybe torment? O_o;

I'm training one of these, my set is the same just with Thunderbolt in the last spot, Gardeviour is powerful but sadly has a limited movepool, i still say shove T-Bolt on there.

Absol
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Shadow Ball
- Aerial Ace

I love this set, it has done wonders for me, and is no subject to change.

Looks Good

Thank you for your help in advance. ^_^

Your welcome! :lol:

phaedrus
16th May 2004, 02:52 PM
Skarmory
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Drill Peck
- (Open For Suggestion)

roar/fly. roar for shuffling or fly for whatever usage you feel it deserves to be used for. @quickclaw

Ninetales
- Fireblast
- Will-o-Wisp
- Confuse-Ray
- Hp-Grass

flamethrower>fireblast, maybe roar>confuseray/hp-grass if you want. @leftovers

Manectric
- Thunderbolt
- Crunch
- Thunderwave
- Roar

awesome. @leftovers

Golduck
- Surf
- Ice-beam
- Brick Break
- (Open for suggestion)

you don't need brickbreak. calmmind>brickbreak, and psychic in the last spot. some like hypnosis over icebeam for the extra calmmind turn. !@leftovers/salacberry

Gardevoir
- Calm-Mind
- Psychic
- Will-o-Wisp
- (Open for suggestions)

thunderbolt in the last spot. sure it's standard, but it works. alternate set (annoyrer) is: taunt-willowisp/toxic-attract/thunderbolt-psychic. more of an anti-sweeper than anything. leftovers

Absol
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Shadow Ball
- Aerial Ace

ok cool. i'd recommend subsitute>return, double-edge>shadowball, and batonpass>aerialace and place him in first for a sub-sd-passer but that's me. @leftovers for my suggestions, @choiceband for yours.

CerealKiller
16th May 2004, 11:22 PM
Thanks guys for the help.
Now just a couple of explanations...
As for roar on ninetales, that wont work, since he cant take the damage because of the weak defence. And fireblast is definatley better than flamethrower on him, although it has lower PP, it has the sufficient damage for his weak special attack, besides i have maxed pp which means 10/10.

I love the suggestions for Golduck, thanks.

And Absol, although strats set looks very cool, Absols attack is too high to waste, hes an excellent physical sweeper.

Thanks all for all your help.

Brumlad02
17th May 2004, 09:02 AM
Thanks guys for the help.
Now just a couple of explanations...
As for roar on ninetales, that wont work, since he cant take the damage because of the weak defence. And fireblast is definatley better than flamethrower on him, although it has lower PP, it has the sufficient damage for his weak special attack

When i suggested F-Thrower i wasn't worried about the PP i was worried more about accuracy, and if you say that Ninetails has a weak defence F-Thrower would keep it in battle longer... as you can never know what to expect from an opponent sometimes.

I love the suggestions for Golduck, thanks.

Cool Huh? ^_^ i find a Psychic attack VERY helpful on Golduck, specially after Calm Mind

Thanks all for all your help.

CerealKiller
17th May 2004, 09:51 AM
Funny thing with Fireblast really, its accuracy is perfect with me, like out of the 10 shots it would only miss once. Maybe its luck, but i guess its working for me, if it does start to crap out, then ill definatley go with flamethrower

Brumlad02
17th May 2004, 03:35 PM
Well then you stick with it, me, i don't have much luck with attacks like that :lol:

Poryhedron
17th May 2004, 09:04 PM
Eight, by the way. PP Ups and PP Max can only raise a move's PP count to eight-fifths of its original total, not double. You have 8 PP for Fire Blast. If you PP-maxed Thunder, you'd have 16 PP for it, not 20, and so on.

CerealKiller
18th May 2004, 07:55 AM
Oh well i assumed wrong...i have 7 PP yet, so i was kinda hoping it would go up to 10. Now im thinking about changing it, but what i meant about the other 10 is out of 10 shots it would only miss once.

phaedrus
18th May 2004, 12:06 PM
Oh well i assumed wrong...i have 7 PP yet, so i was kinda hoping it would go up to 10. Now im thinking about changing it, but what i meant about the other 10 is out of 10 shots it would only miss once.

Well, it's your pick. If you have awesome luck, go with fb. i've just been unlucky enough that it misses frequently, hence the flamethrower

>>another reason why fb on slaking sucks.

i've used roar on ninetales - with willowisp halving attack, and with confuseray, you shouldn't have ANY trouble, unless a slaking happens to ch with a choice band. but by then you should already have switched to a special sweeper to take care of slaking.

if your absol works, by god use it. it's your team anyways. we just dole out the advice.

Rabid_Cow
18th May 2004, 08:01 PM
Well, it's your pick. If you have awesome luck, go with fb. i've just been unlucky enough that it misses frequently, hence the flamethrower
>>another reason why fb on slaking sucks.

Oh no you didn't! I'm one of the firm believers of FB on Slaking. It's come in handy SO many times for me personally, I wouldn't change it for anything.

Confuse Ray + WoW is fine. Halve the Atk, + not get hit 50% of the time. Works for me. I use Flamethrower, but again as everyone else has beaten me to sayin it, if it works for you then use it.

The only problem I see is on Gardevoir, I like the moveset, but in the last slot I personally LOVE destiny bond. After he sweeps he's great for takin out Slaking, Salamence, Lati@s, Groudon, Kyogre, etc. I think you get the point. I've got another that has a similar set, but has Hidden Power Dark. I really like it and w/the boost of Calm Mind it works great against other Psychics.

Hope this was of some help!

edit: the quote didn't work right the first time...