PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with my 3rd team

Suicure
15th May 2004, 09:18 AM
Sorry gligar man for making a thread in the wrong section.
I would like to continue the rating of my team.
Ok, I made some changes on my 3rd team and I've compiled your suggestions, I hope you'll continue to advice because there are some choices: Which do you think is the best set? then I'll give the movesets and you can help me build those.

CONSTANT POK'eSmeans the same all through out)
SCEPTILE
Leaf Blade
Dragon Claw
Crunch
HP Water

NINETALES
Flamethrower
WOW
Confuse Ray
HP ICE

SET1
Starmie
Heracross
Rhydon
Banette/Slaking(which is better?)

SET 2
Walrein
Heracross
Rhydon
Gardevoir

SET 3
Starmie
Slaking
Skarmory
Banette

Ok, pls help me with this guys.....

phaedrus
15th May 2004, 10:41 AM
SCEPTILE
Leaf Blade
Dragon Claw
Crunch
HP Water

looks ok.

NINETALES
Flamethrower
WOW
Confuse Ray
HP ICE

roar>hp-ice

SET1
Starmie
Heracross
Rhydon
Banette/Slaking(which is better?)

SET 2
Walrein
Heracross
Rhydon
Gardevoir

SET 3
Starmie
Slaking
Skarmory
Banette

and what are we supposed to do with the "three sets"?

Suicure
16th May 2004, 04:20 AM
Well, those "three sets" the the choices for the remaining 4 slots. Ok?
I cant really decide on which one is better. Ok I'll explain it:
Sceptile and Ninetales are CONSTANT. And since they are only 2, the other 4 are needed. Those sets I bulit is the one you would choose from for the remaining 4 slots.
Example:
I think set 1 is better And then give some advices and movesets of those pok'emon you've picked. That could really help me. Thanks! ;)

phaedrus
16th May 2004, 03:04 PM
SET1
Starmie@leftovers-surf-psychic-thunderbolt-icebeam
Heracross@choiceband-megahorn-earthquake-hp~ghost-brickbreak
Rhydon@choiceband-megahorn-earthquake-rockslide-hp~ghost
Slaking@choiceband-return-earthquake-shadowball-brickbreak
this is probably the worst since if you use this half of your team is composed of physical sweepers.

SET 2
Walrein@leftovers-surf-icebeam-earthquake-hp~psychic
Heracross@choicband-megahorn-earthquake-hp~ghost-brickbreak
Banette@skillswap-willowisp/toxic-knockoff-shadowball*
Gardevoir@leftovers-psychic-thunderbolt-calmmind-reflect/destinybond/willowisp[/b]

*For Banette, the Anti-Tank:
Turn 1: knockoff (99% chance of it being leftovers)
Turn 2: skillswap (skillswapping Insomnia prevents tanks from resting)
Turn 3: willowisp/toxic (they can't rest the statuses away now)
Turn 4: shadowball (repeat Turn 4 until the tank is dead)

Suicure
22nd May 2004, 06:01 AM
C'mon guys, please rate my team, I really need help

Rabid_Cow
22nd May 2004, 10:42 AM
I guess Sceptile and Ninetales are fine. I've used a Ninetales in a lot of my teams and this one looks like it'll do fine.

The only complaint I have about the sets is the fact that you're lacking tanks, spikers (cept skarms...), hazers, annoyers etc.

Unlike in RBY most teams cannot be all big arse sweepers and many rounds. You have to think strategically about what you're doin. Ninetales is okay for the annoyer role, but I think there are better out there. IMO an UU ANNOYER is Milotic. It's a solid special sweeper, but b/c of his HUGE sp. def. he works just as well as the annoyer. Go w/Toxic-Confuse Ray-Rest-Double Team and you're set. Rest > Recover cause of status conditions + Marvel Scale. I use one in one of my "fun" teams and it's surprisingly good!

For another slot I'd go w/skarms. Go with the norm: Spikes-Toxic-Roar-Drill Peck.

Then fill the last 2 slots w/Slaking and Banette.

Slaking: Hyper Beam-Earthquake-Shadow Ball-Fire Blast (FB for other skarms)

Banette: go w/strat's MS. It truely is the anti-tank.

These are just simply my opinions, and I hope that they were of some help!

phaedrus
22nd May 2004, 12:02 PM
C'mon guys, please rate my team, I really need help

did you read the sets i gave you?

[quote]IMO an UU ANNOYER is Milotic[quote]

there's like 5 annoyer milotic sets out there. that considered an underused annoyer?

SET 3
Starmie surf-psychic-thunderbolt-icebeam@leftovers
Slaking return-shadowball-earthquake-brickbreak
Skarmory spikes-toxic-roar/fly-drillpeck
Banette refer to the anti-tank set: skillswap-willowisp/toxic-knockoff-shadowball

that's probably your most rounded lineup. though, it gives you a 2x to fire. but with ninetales, it's not that bad because of flashfire.*

*In a scenario when either skarm or sceptile is out:
TURN X: Opponent sent out
TURN X+1: You switch to Ninetales. Opponent uses Fire move, such as Fire Blast. You get the power-up.
TURN X+2: do whatever until ninetales goes down.
[i]of course, you will need to learn how to predict. they won't always use a fire move if they happen to pack hp~flying or hp~bug. just a note.

Rabid_Cow
22nd May 2004, 06:14 PM
there's like 5 annoyer milotic sets out there. that considered an underused annoyer?[i]
Actually...Yes. UU means that they're not very commonly used. Just because there's a lot of annoyer Milotic sets out there doesn't mean that there's a lot of people use them. There could be literally thousands of M/S's for almost every pokemon and just because there's lots that have the same goal, not everyone uses em. You could make a Dusclops into a decent special sweeper, but the fact is, he's a much better annoyer! Milotic is a very good special sweeper, and actually does a decent job of annoyin. But again very few ppl use him for that role.