PDA

View Full Version : Halo: Turning the Tide Reborn AGAIN! ~Sign Ups~

Mikey
15th May 2004, 11:13 AM
Well, you know what they say. Third times a charm. With all the new Halo 2 info flooding E3, I was in the mood to start this off again. And this time we will get straight into the action. People didn't seem to like the practice match, so we will head off to battle right away. If people would like their old spots back just say so, but until then I'm accepting new aps.

Here's the premise...

The year is 2552. Planet Earth still exists, but overpopulation has forced many of her former residents to colonize other worlds. Faster-then-light travel is now a reality, and earth's unified goverement, through the United Nations Space Command, has put its full weight behind the colonization effort; millions of humans now live on habitable planets in other solar systems. A keystone of humanity's colonization efforts is the planet Reach, an interstellar naval yard that builds colony ships for civilians and warships for the UNSC's armed forces. Convenietly close to Earth, Reach is also a hub of scientific and military activity.

Thirty-two years ago, contact with the outer colony Harvest was lost. A battlegroup sent to investigate were almost completly destroyed; only one badly damaged ship returned to Reach. Its crew told of a semingly unstoppable alien warship that had effortlessly annialated their forces.

This was humankind's first encounter with a group of aliens that eventually came to know as the Covenant, a collective of alien races united in their fanatical religious devotion. Covenant religious elders declared humanity an affront to the gods, and the Covenant warrio caste wageda holy war upon humanity with gruesome diligence.

After a series of crushing defeats and obliterated colonies, UNSC Admiral Preston Cole established the Cole Protocol: no vessel may inadvertently lead the Covenant to Earth. When forced to withdraw, ships must avoid Earth-bound vectors- even if that means jumping without propor navigational calculations. Vessels in danger of capture must self destruct.

On Reach, a secret military project to create cyborg super-soldiers takes a newfound importance. The soldiers of the SPARTAN-II project rack up an impressive record against the Covenant in test deployments, but there are too few of them to turn the tide of the war.

Existing SPARTAN-II soldiers are recalled to Reach for further augmentation. The plan: board a Covenant vessel with the improved SPARTAN-IIs and learn the location of the Covenant homeworld. Two days before the mission begins, Covenant forces strike Reach and annihilate the colony. The Covenant are now on Earth's doorstep.

This is where the Pillar of Autumn, the only surviving ship on Reach, makes a blind jump into space and finds Halo. After the effects on Halo, everything has calmed a bit. (I took out Master Cheif to change the story a bit.)

10 years have gone by and the war is still going on. One commercial freighter, The Star of the Galaxy, was sending suurvivors of Reach back to Earth. What they didn't know is that the Covenant was secretly tracking them, and they now know where Earth lies. The war is esculating again, and the Covenant have sent an entire legion of their finest troops to annialate Earth which is the last stronghold of the human race.

What the Covenant did not expect is that Earth has been preparing. When all the SPARTAN-II agents were destroyed on Reach, Earth began the SPARTAN-III project. The funding of the project was cut, since the failure of the SPARTAN-II project showed that the members could be killed. Because of this, Earth only had the money to train 10 kids. Taken from their families at the age of 5, they have been trained similarly to the original SPARTANS, except their armor is tougher and they have more acrobatic skills.

With the fate of Earth in the hands of 10 now 17 year old SPARTAN-III's, thinks look bleak. The Covenant legion has blockaded Earth, and they are now delpoying troops. It is now up to the 10 SPARTAN-IIIs to defend Earth and turn the tide of the war.

The Spartan's would consist of both females and males having these skills.

2 Snipers
2 Bomb experts
2 Medics
2 Assualt/Close Range
2 Vehicle Experts

Now, your prolly wondering what some of these things look like. Well I have scrounged around and found pics of the many enemies you'll be encountering...

You (http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/Halo2/screenshots/h2_e3_07.jpg)
Marines (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/halo/screens.html?page=95)
Covenant Elders/Brutes (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/halo2/screens.html?page=40)(Elders do not fight. Rule the Covenant/Brutes are their guards)
Elites (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/halo2/screens.html?page=37)(Generals of the Covenant army)
Grunts (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/halo/screens.html?page=1)(Weakest of the Covenant army.)
Jackal (http://www.bungie.net/images/games/Halo/screenshots/scrn_094.jpg)(These guys are weak too, only the shield they carry protects them. All you must do is bop them on the head with the butt of your gun and they go down. They are good dodgers though.)
Hunters (http://www.bungie.net/images/games/Halo/gallery/renders/stills/still_21.jpg)(Strongest of the Covenants, though not very smart. Easily taken out if aiming for the back. Gun shoots large amount of green plasma energy. Can blow up a warthog in one hit)
Warthog (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/halo2/screens.html?page=16)(Main means of transportation. Machine Barrel on back. Holds 3 people. Vehicle experts must know these)
Ghost (http://www.bungie.net/images/games/Halo/screenshots/scrn_096.jpg)(Speedy transport of the Covenant. Shoots twin plasma barrels)
Banshees (http://www.bungie.net/images/games/Halo/gallery/renders/stills/still_13.jpg)(Covenant battle aircraft.)
Pelican (http://www.bungie.net/images/games/Halo/gallery/renders/stills/still_06.jpg)(Main human dropship)
Scorpion (http://www.bungie.net/images/games/Halo/gallery/renders/stills/still_08.jpg)(Human Tank)
Weapons (http://www.bungie.net/Games/Halo/Gallery.aspx?Gallery=Renders&page=4) Some of the avaliable weapons. From left to right going across each section.
Rocket Launcher, Pistol, Fuel Rod Gun(Not usable)
Shotgun, Assualt Rifle, Needler(can be picked up after killing a Covenant. Shoots exploding barbs.)
Plasma Pistol, Plasma Rifle(both gotten same way as needler), Sniper rifle. There are more guns we can use.
Covenant Turret (http://www.bungie.net/images/games/Halo/screenshots/scrn_041.jpg)

Real Name-
NickName-
SPARTAN Number-
Type-
Armor Color-
Gender-
Age-
Hair-
Eyes-
Weapon of Choice
Background-

Here is mine
Real Name- Marco Candela
Nickname- Climax
SPARTAN Number-1
Type- Assualt/Close Range
Armor Color- Silver
Gender- Male
Age- 17
Hair- Black
Eyes- Blue
Waepon of Choice- Pistol
Background- Marco was born into a poor family on the human colony of Reach. At an early age, the military stole him from his family. He does not remember much about them, and chooses not to. He entered the training academy with the intentions of making friends, but it soon became apparent that he had to put that aside and focus on his mission. He trianer hard, and stood out above the rest of the trainess. Completing the CTF course in less then 10 minutes, Marco showed exceptional speed. He also excelled in hand to hand combat and pistol snipping. As he grew older, he was appointed leader of the SPARTAN-IIIs. Every SPARTAN respected him as both a friend and war partner. Now he looks to gain vegance for the obliteration of his home colony and help the human race defeat the Covenant once and for all.

Sign up now! I have given you countless info to assure you need no Halo experience to play!

HbCharizard
15th May 2004, 11:19 AM
Again? You never give up, do you? Peh. ANYWAYS, reserve me a spot, I'll sign up later. ONCE AGAIN, A Vehicle Expert. AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!......Hope this doesn't die for the third time in a row.

Samchu
15th May 2004, 04:33 PM
here we go again...

Real Name- Samuel Omaras
NickName- Sam (but also several other not so nice names)
SPARTAN Number-4
Type- medic
Armor Color-black
Gender-male
Age-19
Hair-ginger
Eyes-sea green
Weapon of Choice-Assault rifle
Background-Has no memory of his life before training as a SPARTAN. When asked, he was told it was an accident during transport that made him forget his memory but for some reason, no one will tell him about his family when he asks. Tends to keep slightly secluded from others whilst trying to learn about his past and not screw up everything for the rest of the team.

Perfect Chaos
15th May 2004, 07:21 PM
Yay, it's back! Reserve me the other Close Combat chars. Thanks!

-$∑@π

Bamm
15th May 2004, 09:18 PM
Okay... Sorry bout last time...

Nickname: Sparks
Spartan Number: V
Type: Bomb Expert
Armor Color: MAROON /w a GOLD facemask/lens
Hair: wild--Navy Blue
Eyes: Light Brown
Weapon of Choice: Assault Rifle (but if it's ok, I'd like some grenades plz)
Background: Duke was born in a rather large colony. The child of a rich veteran in the army (who was actually one of the original SPARTAN II's), he was strangely and abruptly sent to military school and boot camp at the age of five. He had acceled all through training always the top of his class. He had finally been told of what had been happening and from then on knew he had to accept the responsibility of the SPARTAN III's. He had to carry on the legacy of his, now dead, Spartan II father.

Mystic_clown
15th May 2004, 11:49 PM
Save me a spot will ya? I'll reserve the second bomb expert.

Crystal Tears
16th May 2004, 12:18 PM
Real Name- Jennifer Mitsu
NickName- Diavolo
SPARTAN Number- 13
Type- Vechicle Expert
Armor Color- Blood Red
Gender- Female
Age- 17
Hair- black
Eyes- Emerald
Weapon of Choice- Shot Gun
Background- Her past is dark and full of hatrid, she's blocked out most of it, but still remembers the harsh training she went through to get here, even though she says shes gotten over, it still lingers in her mind of what happened, and how she became a SPARTAN.
(rest of history is TBR)

Right, I want my spot back!!

~CT

SWAMPERT1
16th May 2004, 08:23 PM
Real Name- Sin Ishtar
NickName- Stimpy
SPARTAN Number- 3783
Type- Assualt/Close Range
Armor Color- Indigo with gold face mask
Gender- M
Age- 18
Hair- Black
Eyes- Blue
Weapon of Choice- Battle Rifle
Background- Add later. Got to Eat now.

HbCharizard
16th May 2004, 09:38 PM
Ok I'm here. Here's my kewl(shaddup) sign-up

Real Name- Kevin Tanner
NickName- Warthog ( I never get tired of this name)
SPARTAN Number- 2
Type- Vehicle Expert
Armor Color- Teal
Gender- Male
Age- 17
Hair- Black (Short, Spiked)
Eyes- Blue
Weapon of Choice- Perfers a Battle Rifle(New weapon in Halo 2)
Background- Kevin was taken to train a year earlyer, therefore resulting in he being younger then the rest. He doesn't remember much of his past life, but he often dreams of a girl he used to be friends with. He dreams that they made a promise to be in the army together. He often thinks of that girl and wonders if he'll see her in the war. Other then that, there's not much to him, Except he is the best warthog driver in all of the SPARTAN III's.

Jash Thor
17th May 2004, 11:00 AM
Hey, I remember this. Id like to reserve my old spot if cool. My guy was a medic so Ill post that sign up later. But keep that spot reserved for mwa please!

Mikey
17th May 2004, 02:02 PM
Ok, everyone from before seems to be coming back. Well, Samchu seems to have changed his type, but Jen wants her spot back so I'm sorry to say you'll have to give it to her Sam. You can be your regular sniper again if you wish.

Duo_Washu_III
17th May 2004, 09:09 PM
Real Name- adam
NickName-duo
SPARTAN Number-623
Type-sniper
Armor Color-white
Gender-m
Age-19
Hair-was brown, dyed black with a white stripe
Eyes-light blue, almost white
Weapon of Choice-needler
Background-father was in master chief's spartan, but was killed. mother and brothers (almond and mitch) reside in shelters.
<extra>
personality- is careless about about most things, and some people hate him for it. if a friend is in need, he will fight for him/her.
other-MY HEAD A SPLODE! wa- :dead:
is this okay?

Mystic_clown
18th May 2004, 02:14 AM
Real Name- Keith Sturm
Nickname- Jester
SPARTAN Number- VII
Type- Bomb Expert
Armour Colour- dark purple with a green lens
Gender- Male
Age- 17
Hair- platinum white
Eyes- brown
Weapon of Choice
Background- Keith has to be the weirdest of the SPARTAN III soldiers. He tends to crack jokes at the most inappropriate times and always laughs when he sees covenant soldiers. Not because he’s brave, but because he finds their appearance amusing. He loves to make his own explosives, which prove a threat to even his own comrades. He’s still a very skilled bomb expert.

SWAMPERT1
26th May 2004, 07:35 PM
If this starts this week ill not be here so I wont be able to post at first. Ill be camping :eek:

SWAMPERT1
2nd June 2004, 10:41 PM
could I go For an assualt/ Close Range Person instead considering that The other ones have not made a sign up yet? Ill have Sniper though if I have to but I would perfer the A/CR.

Jash Thor
3rd June 2004, 01:13 PM
Well skool is finally out for me so I now have LOTZ more free time. And it gave me a chance to get this done.

Name: Robert Chesire
Nickname: Backup
SPARTAN Number: IX
Type: Medic
Armor Color: Silver
Hair: Dirty blonde
Eyes: Blue
Weapon of Choice: Pistol
Background:
Robert was born into a Middle Class family, his father leaving him when he was about two years old. Without any siblings, he lived with his mother. He started to hang out in the wrong groups, with gangs who spent their time harrassing the town. When Robert was 14, he began to go on serious outings with his gang. There, they would break into stores, and possibly beat people who got in their way. Although Robert was against it, he never spoke up.
One night, one of his gang friends got cut horribly and was bleeding profusely. The gang leader panicked, and said they better just leave him. Not the kind of kid to do so, Robert did what he could to help his friend. He used his shirt to stop the flow of the blood, and kept the wound as elevated as possible. His quick thinking allowed the kid to live.
He kept his story secret, but he gained an interest in helping people. He decided to turn over a new leaf, and start helping people. He quit his gang, and started focusing more on school. He gained a certain interest in medicine. He pursued it, and graduated from a Reach Training School at the top of his class. He also was pretty skilled with a pistol, but he had preferred more of helping others. It was when a Covenant Army killed his mother during a raid, that he began to fiercely hate the creatures. Now, he focused even more on his medicine, and improved his pistol skills. He even invented a anitdote that slowed bleeding in wounded areas, making it less messy to operate. It was at a Reach Training facility that he was annointed to the SPARTAN-III medic.

Mikey
27th July 2004, 11:40 PM
Sorry, I forgot all about this. LOL Plus I was very busy. Anyways, i'm still planning on starting it, just waiting for a few more sign ups. Those that already signed up, reply once again to inform me that you are still in.

Duo_Washu_III
27th July 2004, 11:44 PM
i'm still interested.

SWAMPERT1
28th July 2004, 12:26 AM
im still in.

HbCharizard
28th July 2004, 01:55 AM
..It's ALLLIIVVEE!! AGAIN! Whats this, like the 6th time your've revived this thing? Anyways, I'm still in.

Mystic_clown
28th July 2004, 02:12 AM
This thing's still ALIVE!? Well, I'm still in.

Perfect Chaos
28th July 2004, 01:17 PM
oO, wow, I honestly actually forgot about this. Yeah, I'm still in

-$∑@π

Crystal Tears
28th July 2004, 08:22 PM
I'm still interested.

Mikey
28th July 2004, 10:33 PM
Ok, so far we have this...

Me and Swampert1 are the Assault/close rangers
Mystic Clown is a Bomb Expert
HBCharizard and Crystal Tears are vehicle experts

So...
Assault/Close Range- 2/2
Bomb Experts- 1/2
Snipers- 0/2
Vehicle Experts- 2/2
Medics- 0/2

Duo_Washu_III, you signed up as a 3rd assault/close range, but I can't allow that. :/ If possible, could you change to a sniper? We are still awaiting 2 medics to reclaim their positions. If they don't do it within the next two days, their positions will be reopened, as will the other bomb expert. As of now we have no snipers, but Duo may become one. Perfect Chaos, you didn't even post a sign up form and you're saying your still in. Please reply with the sign up form (perhaps the 2nd sniper.) Then if the two medics(Sam and Jash Thor) and the bomb expert (Bamm) come back we'll be all set to go.

Samchu
29th July 2004, 03:06 AM
yeah i'm still interested

Mikey
29th July 2004, 06:31 PM
Ok, while we wait I might as well ask this.

It seems that people grew tired of this RPG for some reason only several days after it starts. Is there something I'm doing wrong? What would you like the RPG to start out doing. Do you want to get straight into the action?

Duo_Washu_III
29th July 2004, 08:28 PM
i'll change to a sniper. i just need to edit it first...

Crystal Tears
30th July 2004, 11:50 AM
Mikey, I think people would perfer straight out action. In the game, there wasn't training,, you were put in a situation where you had to fight back. And shoot, the basis of Halo is fight Aliens. Not go off training and such..

I know I would perfer fighting, I never had patience for training.

~CT

Perfect Chaos
30th July 2004, 05:43 PM
Mikey, I remember that I did sign-up to one of the revivals. If you can't find my sign-up, that's OK, I don't mind just leaving (then again, it doesn't really matter since I technically "didn't join" according to you). But that's OK, no hard feelings or anything. Good luck to this RPG

-$∑@π

Mikey
30th July 2004, 08:40 PM
K I found ur sign up Perfect Chaos. I'll go ahead and do the necessary edits and then you're accepted.

NickName: Overdrive
SPARTAN Number: 8
Type: Sniper
Armor Color: Dark Blue
Hair: Black, spiked
Eyes: Dark Chocolate brown
Weapon of Choice: Sniper Rifle
Background: His father and mother both were killed in a house fire and was found by the Marines after the accident took place. He was about 5 years old back then as well, chosen to be one of the few SPARTAN-IIIs. The training showed the Marines that he was the best shot among the SPARTAN-IIIs in Sniping duties . Is good friends with both Climax and Warthog.

Ok, the RPG will officially begin on Monday. It seems like we only have one female this time around so if someone can find some female RPGers that would like to be a bomb expert or a medic to join. I like my RPGs to be mixed lol.