PDA

View Full Version : [P] "Dr Jekyll And Mr Jackass"

Yoh Asakura
15th May 2004, 05:16 PM
Q1. What's your favourite movie?
Q2. What's your favourite movie quote?
Q3. Which movie do you hate?

A1. The Nightmare Before Christmas.
A2. I don't have a fav, I know a lot of cool movie quotes.
A3. Too many to pick from, there's so much shite out there that I hate.

mr_pikachu
15th May 2004, 05:22 PM
Umm... too many to pick from... let's say The Emperor's Club

Offhand, I'll say that thing with Jessie, James and Meowth at the end of Pokemon The Movie 2000. Take into account that I'm exhausted, please.

Castaway. Terrible ending, terrible characters. My favorite character in the whole dang thing was a VOLLEYBALL! XP

Number1ChanseyFan
15th May 2004, 05:40 PM
1. I dunno, there have been quite a few movies that I loved, like Bringing Down the House, Rush Hour, (1 and 2) Shanghai Noon, and many more... I generally like Comedies and Jackie Chan films.

2. I liked a quote from Rush Hour 2. It was actually in the bloopers section at the end of the movie. Chris Tucker forgot his line in one scene towards the end of the movie. Jackie Chan was in this fight scene, and the guy he was fighting was thrown out of the window, and he went flying out of the window, fell quite a few stories, and landed on top of the car. I forget what Chris Tucker was actually supposed to say, but he looked out the window at the guy that fell and said something like "Dang, it looks like he ain't gonna be in Rush Hour 3!!" I thought that was pretty funny. Its funnier if you actually watch it though.

3. Meh, I have seen a lot of lousy movies too!! I think that the Blair Witch Project might have been the worst though.

phaedrus
15th May 2004, 06:08 PM
Q1. What's your favourite movie? LORD OF THE RINGS: RETURN OF THE KING
Q2. What's your favourite movie quote? At Pelennor Fields, Legolas has that whole mumakil killing sequence. When Legolas lands, Gimli says something like, "That only counts as one!"
Q3. Which movie do you hate? Hairy Pothead blows.

RedStarWarrior
15th May 2004, 08:49 PM
I don't have a favorite.

"What kind of place is this? One bastard walks in, another bastard walks out." or something like that.

Bring It On, Bring It On 2, Gigli, You Got Served, Crossroads, From Justin to Kelly, Glitter, and any other movies that sucked way too much.

AntiAsh Superstar
16th May 2004, 06:24 AM
1. Can't really decide between The Crow, the first two Hellraiser films, or The Matrix: Reloaded. I think The Crow may just have the edge for being a wonderfully gothic piece of darkly romantic violence. :)

2. Gawd, I can't think of many off the top of my head, I'm sure the bad guy from The Crow has some pretty damn good quotes but please take into account my rather infamously poor memory. >.<

3. Never Been Kissed. The Kirei-girl has a gigantic collection of romantic comedies, and whilst in the main I can sit through them - hell, the odd one or two I actually enjoyed - this thing was just so cringe-inducingly cheesy that I kept having to make excuses to take a break from it. @_@;;;

gomez
16th May 2004, 01:43 PM
1. I'd have to say Half-baked. That is one of the movies that I can basically watch every single day without getting tired of it. There are a few others, but I can't really recall which they are. Friday is another. Blade 2, Underworld, Dogma...just kickass movies like those.

2. Now that I try to think of them, I can't remember. When I'm goofing around with my sister or friends, I can spit them out one by one.

3. Umm...can't remember. The only ones I really hate are the ones I rent and spend money on and they turn out to be stupid/boring. I can't name any off the top of my head.

As you can see, I have a very crappy memory. Don't do drugs kids...or just stick to the good ones.

ChicRocketJames
16th May 2004, 02:43 PM
1. Little Shop of Horrors. It's funny, entertaining, very original, a little bit sad in places, and chock full of brilliant songs. The characters are all hugely endearing and memorbale, and fantastically acted. It's my idea of the perfect movie experience.

2. I can't really remember any specific quotes. I hate it when totally stupid quotes become really famous anyway. What's so good about "You're gonna need a bigger boat"?

3. Love Actually. What I loathe about this movie is not just how bad it actually is, but how good it could have been. It's written by one of the men responsible for Blackadder, it stars some of the biggest British names in the movie and TV business. It has Emma Thompson, for god's sakes! And still it manages to be utterly charmless, completely unfunny and vomit-inducingly manipulative. The only good thing about this movie is the many four letter words that can be substituted for "Love" when referring to it.

classy_cat18
16th May 2004, 08:33 PM
1. I love to laugh, so a lot of my favorites are comedies. Um, Bruce Almighty, Ice Age, and Rush Hour 2 are my current favorite comedies.

2. From Liar, Liar, when Jim Carrey's trying to lie: "The pen is blue, the pen is blue, the damn pen is blue!"

3. Dang tragic romance movies, i.e. Titanic. Pull the dang guy out, for cryin' out loud!

DarkTemplarZ
16th May 2004, 09:33 PM
1) Difficult choice. The Last Samurai, The Matrix, LotR: The Two Towers, Ice Age, Star Trek Nemesis, and Rush Hour 2 are my faves, among others.

2) "I am the beginning. The end. The one who is many. I am the Borg." from Star Trek: First Contact. It was so cool...

3) Troy. It was CRAP. That and damn sappy love stories like Titanic, I can't stand them.

Katie
16th May 2004, 10:19 PM
watching on my own: any of the lotr ones
watching with friends: scary movie 3
oh jeeze... lol that one in big daddy where the dude's trying to read hippo-whatever (in his accent) "eep? eep op? eep op anonymous?"
spice world anyone?
recent... godsend was pretty sh!tty

~Katie

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
17th May 2004, 08:35 AM

1.) Monty Python and the Holy Grail. A hilarious movie from the first to the last minute.

2.) "...for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth" Tim the Enchanter

3.) All Matrix movies. Did they suck or what? The only good thing about them was the quote from the French dude in the 2nd. That at least made me laugh for 5 seconds.

Agent Elrond
17th May 2004, 04:21 PM
1. What's your favourite movie(s)?

Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky, + The Matrix and all LOTR films. (I just count them as one.)

2. What's your favourite movie quote?

"Buckle your seatbelt Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is going Bye-Bye." --- Cypher, Matrix 1.

3. Which movie do you hate?

Blue Crush; a movie written for butch girls by hyper femmes, yuck!

Indecent Exposure
17th May 2004, 05:37 PM
Currently it's Fight Club, don't know why it's that right now as I haven't seen it in over a year (stupid memory making me forget it was on two days ago). I'm also extremly partial to Trainspotting, Reservoir Dogs and Finding Nemo right now.

"We're 500 (or whatever it is) miles from Chicago, we have half a pack of cigarettes, a full tank of gas, and we're wearing sunglasses"
"Hit it."
Pure genius. In every way possible.

Titanic and Pearl Harbour. Contrary to what many have said, I don't think these movies are terrible, but they're both extremly famous historical events ruined by SHITTY LITTLE LOVE STORIES THAT I DON'T CARE ABOUT! I also hate Maid in Manhatten, about 10 minutes into being forced to watch it, I had to stop. It was absolutly awful. It remains the only movie I've ever given up on in under an hour.

woz
17th May 2004, 05:56 PM

1. too many to choose from, but i just watched the virgin suicides, so i'll go with that.
2. probably something from a comedy.
3. william shakespeare's romeo and juliet (modern version).

kainashi
20th May 2004, 08:43 PM
Q1. super troopers.
Q2. don't really have a favorite.
Q3. shrug, don't really hate any movies.

Razola
20th May 2004, 11:29 PM
1. Either Star Wars: A New Hope or RotK: The Two Towers.

2. "I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword. If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut. "

3. Was going to say something else, but you reminded me of the ridicioulous fad that is Nightmare Before Christmas. That movie is only liked because it's the recent "in" thing amongst High Schoolers. Almost like Fight Club and college students, but you don't see college students giving a damn about it's 10th anniversary.

That and Fight Club didn't break into song every two seconds.

SWAMPERT1
20th May 2004, 11:55 PM
Tie Between Jackass, Super Troopers,Both Rush Hours and Little Nicky

"Can I wash my Winky in your kitchen Sinky?" - Little Nicky

Beaches (had to watch it in CAPP, it...was..DUMB AS HELL...)