PDA

View Full Version : Poll: 1599 isn't good enough

The_Missing_Link
15th May 2004, 09:04 PM
If no one guessed it, I was talking about the SATs. For those who don't know what it is, it's a standardized test that sort of determines what kind of colleges you can get into. Other countries may have different versions, I dunno. Anywho, here's the poll

1) What did you get on your first SATs/SAT IIs/ACTs/something similar to it?
2) Were you happy about your scores (and please elaborate)?
3) Did you take them again and if so, what did you get?

If you did not take any of these tests, don't reply. I don't want every other post saying they didn't take them yet or aren't going to

1) I got an 1100 the first time and I'm taking the SAT IIs in June
2) Yeah, I was. When I took practice tests, I never got 1100 or above and I was surprised to get something like that. As I expected, I did a whole lot better on verbal than math
3) I'm going to take them again this fall. Wanna see if I can improve the score a bit

RedStarWarrior
15th May 2004, 10:15 PM
I recieved a 1010 in 7th grade when I took the SATs.

I was very happy considering that I was taking them 4 years early and still scored much higher than most high schoolers.

In 8th grade I recieved an 1170, 11th grade a 1410, and finally in 12th grade a 1440.

gomez
16th May 2004, 01:52 PM
1. I took the ACT's my senior year. I got a 25 composite (average). My lowest was like a 22 and highest was a 26. I only scored that high cause wrong answers don't count much against you (or at all, can't remember). I took like the PSAT's my sophomore year and got the equilvalent to a 1060.

2. I was content. After I found out that some of my friends took them and made lower scores, my happiness level went way up. Some of those friends are smarter than me and they made like 19's and 17's. Good stuff.

3. If I took it over again, I'd probably make a lower score. I went into the test without studying or sleep. I didn't know what I should have studied; its the frickin ACT's, no one knows whats gonna be on them, so why study?

DarkTemplarZ
16th May 2004, 02:26 PM
1) In 7th Grade I got an 1140, 8th 1180. My verbal sucked, like 500's both times, but my math was half-decent so that helped. Haven't taken them for real yet tho, I'm just a freshman

2) Not really, especially the 2nd time I knew I could've done much better.

3) See #1

Wolfsong
16th May 2004, 02:28 PM

I didn't take the SATs but i did take the ACT. The firest time i took it, I got a 20

I was happy with the score, but my parents weren't. They seemed to think i could have done better. I was pleased since Math was my hardest part and i did fairly ok in it.

Yes i took it two more times. I took it as soon as i could after the last one because my parents wanted me to, and i ended up getting a 19 that go around. I took the ACT again last year for the fact that at one point I thought that i wanted to be a teacher and I needed at least a 24 on it to get into the program. Anyway, I made a 24, and i'm very pleased though all i studied was the math part and i made the same on that as i did on it the last two times i took it, but i came up in everything else. Which i'm not in the teacher program now, sicne i decided that wasn't for me, but i'm pleased that i finally got a score my parents were proud of. I'm happy about it as well, but i was happy with my other scores also.

mr_pikachu
18th May 2004, 01:05 AM
You have no idea how long I've been waiting for someone to make one of these test polls. :D

SAT: 1170
ACT: 26
PSAT: I think it was 180-something...
PLAN: I don't remember, but I got a certificate of "Outstanding Student Performance" in all the sections.

Considering the condition I was in for all of my first tries, I was exceedingly pleased. And I won't elaborate on the "condition" bit... yet. Maybe someday, maybe someday...

SAT: 1170, 1450, 1510
ACT: 26, 30, 33, 34, 35 (Yes, I took it five times.)
PSAT: 180-something, 212
PLAN: I don't recall...

EVme15
18th May 2004, 08:09 PM
*looks at everyone else's scores* ... um...

I took the SATs (not PSATs) for the first time in the middle of 8th grade. I got... a 1280. I'm not joking about that. My verbal was a low(ish) 580 and I got a whopping 700 on math.
Hell yeah. I was told that my verbal would improve over time (an 8th grader doesn't exactly have the necessary vocabulary to make a wonderful score on that. But I'll let you in on a little secret: my right-to-wrong ratio is incredible when I guess). But my math... I was shocked. That was like equal or better to 97% of the seniors graduating high school that year who took the SATs.
I haven't taken them since, but I'm going to take them again next year (which is the last year before they exchange the analogies for essays. I hate essays, and I think I'd do better on the nitty-gritty analogies than writing). That's my sophomore year. Then I'll probably take them again in senior year, and maybe junior before that for kicks.