PDA

View Full Version : Good dark pkmn, and request

Roarkiller
16th May 2004, 07:27 AM
I dont mind gunning towards a strong deck straightaway, but u know my preference towards dark pkmn.

So like i was wondering if there r any worthy dark pkmn usable in the current format. I was actually thinking of t-tar(one w/ the power to transform energy), but w/ the only suitable big energy being double rainbow (which reduces damage, rendering the bench damage useless), maybe i have to search for another one.

If u need a better reason, im actually thinking of using absol to play around w/ major discarding. Of course, i havent seen anyone playing the new format so i dont know how big hands can get, and unless theres a suitable card to safely get absol out of the way when in danger, ill have to find some way to save him as well.

Another deck idea im playing around with is Aggron ex. Kinda like t-tar, only better.

Lastly, my request: the typical deck list of common decks like blaziken ex, gardevoir ex etc. Juz so i can find weaknesses in them.

Water Pokemon Master
16th May 2004, 12:34 PM
Ya know, in all of the tournaments I have gone to since Nintendo took over, I have only seen one deck that even had a dark Pokemon in it, and that was yesterday with a Team Magma's Houndoom. I really don't think there are any real good ones, besides Expedition Tyranitar.

For a Blaze ex deck list, just go to my site and find the COTW on Blaziken ex.

Dark-San
16th May 2004, 10:25 PM
Oopz it looks like I forgotten to tell you the news when I met you that afternoon. Lolz~ My forgetful brain ;)

Anywayz I thought that time you are talking to me abt Sneasel EX? Besides is Sneasel EX not that playable anymore?

Water Pokemon Master
16th May 2004, 11:20 PM
Well, I suppose Sneasel EX is an option, though I have never seen it played before.

Kari and Mewtwo
17th May 2004, 12:01 AM
Sneasel EX is basically just like its genesis counterpart, with the exception of +20 hp, a weakness, a retreat cost, an additional NRG needed to use Beat Up, and worth 2 prizes instead of one. Not to mention that the overabundance of Sandstorm Wobbufett renders it completely useless (although if you had a Muk EX in play, then wobby is toast).

Roarkiller
17th May 2004, 06:56 AM
Sneasel EX is basically just like its genesis counterpart, with the exception of +20 hp, a weakness, a retreat cost, an additional NRG needed to use Beat Up, and worth 2 prizes instead of one. Not to mention that the overabundance of Sandstorm Wobbufett renders it completely useless (although if you had a Muk EX in play, then wobby is toast).

I believe its power only works if its active. And no, i wont be using sneasel ex, not with that ridiculous 2-prize rule.

Muk ex is a nice idea, but it cant be the main focus. Shiftry would be nicer.