PDA

View Full Version : Darkyouth's Yu Gi Oh Report #5

Dark-San
16th May 2004, 10:09 PM
Doods, this week we will have a card report instead of a deck report k? Lolz~ I'm getting not enough ideas this week!

Card: Shrink (SK2-020)
Card Type: Magic
Effect: Choose 1 face-up Monster on the Field. That monster's base attack strength is halved until the End Phase.

Advantages:

1) Shrink if used carefully can be included in some combos.
2) Reduces your opponent monster's attack by half.
3) Apparently when you have it faced down, your opponent may summoned Magical Scientist to summoned Ryu Senshi. In this way, you can used this card's effect on watever creatures he used in attacking you. In the end, your opponent wasted 1000 Hp for nothing.
4) Can be used to target irritating creatures like Soul Hunting Spirits (Spirit Reaper).

Disadvantages:

1) Considered a worthless card to be put into decks by many people.
2) There are better cards out there to replace Shrink.

How would we used Shrink in the current Japanese metagame?

There are several combos involving the use of Shrink. However the most useable of them all is the Shrink + Deck Death Destruction Virus (DDV). As we all know Dark Types creatures (Besides Earth Types) have one of the most decent types of attacking creatures. A few such examples are Turner of the Dead: Kaiku and Magical Warrior- Breaker.

So by using Shrink on them, you will reduced their attack to apparently below 1000 Hp making them valid for the use of DDV on them. This is the wonder of what Shrink can do. However many people think of it as a waste as you see the above combo involved 3 cards. Shrink, DDV and a creature. But why bother when you can use only 2 cards, DDV + a creature?

Besides using Shrink in DDV decks, some people looked Shrink upon as a tech. A tech against the current most annoying creature, Soul Hunting Spirit (Spirit Reaper). First this baby can discard your hand as well as stay on the field to protect your precious lifepoint. Only a few cards can solved this problem. And Shrink is one of them though it only can target faced up.

Using it to trick your opponent even makes it fun. With the ban of Harpie Feather Sweep (Harpie's Magic Feather Duster), more people here have relied more on Magical Scientist. So as mentioned above you can get your opponent to waste 1000 hp.

What if Shrink is released into the English metagame?

Well it would be like putting a fresh water fish into a salt water environment. Currently I can't think of any cards that can fully utilised Shrink *Remembering that DDV isn't released in English yet* :sweat4:

Ratings: 2.5/10
Comments: Its just a ordinary card not worth to be used. I will prefer to use my DDV on my Critter instead of my Kaikus and Breaker.

SWAMPERT1
16th May 2004, 11:00 PM
Very good report DY. I have a felling that my CD #3 post might of inspired this. But I agree with you by saying DDVD+Critter<Shrink+DDVD+Breaker/Kaiku. Well done.

Dark-San
16th May 2004, 11:09 PM
Nahz not really~ I just happened to pick up a random card in my album and card just happens to be Shrink thats all lolz!

Anywayz DDV + Critter > DDV + Shrink + Kaiku ! Not the other way round :lol:

Yoh Asakura
17th May 2004, 01:08 PM
I prefer Enemy Controller for SHS. Since it can also be used to take down Beserk Gorilla aswell.

You've all been stuck against something strong like a Chaos Soldier, using Shrink can solve that problem easily. Not to mention it's an Instant magic, so it can be used for a chain to save you for a turn.

It could be better, say if it's effect lasted rather just the end of turn.

Slightly under-rated but yeah, pretty useless. Wouldn't do jack in the English game, it might be used by a few people but yeah useless.

It's an anime card, they usually are pretty crappy.

DarkTemplarZ
17th May 2004, 07:19 PM
*yawn* Shrink can be fun but IMO it's useless. Who needs to Shrink for DDV? You always have Reaper, Devil's Sanctuary, Scientist, Critter/Sangan, hell even Devil Franken for DDV food. It can allow you to pick off an annoying Chaos Soldier, BMoC, or Psycho Shocker easily, but I see no other use.

Yoh Asakura
18th May 2004, 12:41 PM
*yawn* Shrink can be fun but IMO it's useless. Who needs to Shrink for DDV? You always have Reaper, Devil's Sanctuary, Scientist, Critter/Sangan, hell even Devil Franken for DDV food. It can allow you to pick off an annoying Chaos Soldier, BMoC, or Psycho Shocker easily, but I see no other use.

Night Assassin, Wall Of Illusion, Kuribo, could go on for ages listing them lol

I suppose it could be used to chain some trap effects, but yeah it is pretty useless, for now atleast.