PDA

View Full Version : Gym Leader Team : Royal Flush (RMT)

Heald
17th May 2004, 10:03 AM
This is a gym leader team I made based on two things - Royalty and Water. Basically, picture a water-type gym leader (or Elite 4) who was a Prince or something i.e. belongs to a royal family. This would be his team. I have put in brackets the reason why he is considered royal.

NB Since Gym Leaders don't use HMs, neither will I.

Kingdra (Kingdra)
- Water Pulse
- Rain Dance
- Twister
- Protect

Slowking (Slowking)
- Psychic
- Focus Punch
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam

Seaking (Seaking)
- Water Pulse
- Supersonic
- Peck
- Rain Dance

Kingler (Kingler)
- Water Pulse
- Dig
- Crabhammer
- Rain Dance

Wailord (Wailord)
- Water Pulse
- Rain Dance
- Rollout
- Earthquake

Walrein (Walrein, and kings 'reign'...get it?)
- Water Pulse
- Rain Dance
- Ice Beam
- Iron Tail

What improvements could I make?

phaedrus
17th May 2004, 11:50 AM
NB Since Gym Leaders don't use HMs, neither will I.
noted.

Kingdra (Kingdra)
- Water Pulse
- Rain Dance
- Twister
- Protect

icebeam/dragonbreath(breed)>protect, rest>twister, go with a chestoresto. or lefties.

Slowking (Slowking)
- Psychic
- Focus Punch
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam

works. definitely leftovers.

Seaking (Seaking)
- Water Pulse
- Supersonic
- Peck
- Rain Dance

horndrill>peck, then some luck hax would do. you can try protect>supersonic.

Kingler (Kingler)
- Water Pulse
- Dig
- Crabhammer
- Rain Dance

meh, kingler isn't THAT good anymore....attach leftovers.

Wailord (Wailord)
- Water Pulse
- Rain Dance
- Rollout
- Earthquake

rest>rollout, icebeam>raindance, chestorest this guy.

Walrein (Walrein, and kings 'reign'...get it?)
- Water Pulse
- Rain Dance
- Ice Beam
- Iron Tail

earthquake>irontail, rest>raindance.

What improvements could I make?

a few, then you're ok.

TeleFox
17th May 2004, 05:30 PM
Not sure you need quite so many Rain Dancers, isn't 5 a little excessive?
I'd pick a few of strat's replacements; Rest on Wailord is a must IMO, and Dragonbreath rocks for Kingdra: STAB + paralysis = yummy, esp with confusion.

Slowking looks like a mean ol' bastard as he is, no changes there, leftovers are good.

Kingler's best attribute is attack by far; without Rain Dance going, a Strength from Kingler is still more powerful than STAB Crabhammer. I wouldn't suggest removing Crabhammer tho, it's the best water attack you're going to get on him...
If you'll have access to FrLg Move Tutor moves, you could set Kingler up with Swords Dance and Double-Edge for some serious damage, those over Dig and Rain Dance/Water Pulse.
If not, Secret Power could work nicely over Dig, with decent damage and chance for status to go on top of confusion.

Not liking Supersonic with so many confusion moves already on; Protect's not a bad replacement, although you could put Horn Drill on, and keep Peck.

Iveechan
27th May 2004, 10:45 PM
In GS, I recall Claire's Kingdra using Surf. Is there a level limit with your pokes? In fire/leaf, I think Seaking can get Megahorn.

Rabid_Cow
29th May 2004, 10:04 PM
I was thinking NidoKING/QUEEN would be fine on this team. I think Queen would actually be a better fit seeing as you already have multiple kings, but no queens. I don't really have the time to suggest a M/S, and I'm no expert in either of them, and probably won't be until Fr/Lg comes out.

Just a thought.

phaedrus
30th May 2004, 12:08 PM
I was thinking NidoKING/QUEEN would be fine on this team. I think Queen would actually be a better fit seeing as you already have multiple kings, but no queens. I don't really have the time to suggest a M/S, and I'm no expert in either of them, and probably won't be until Fr/Lg comes out.

Just a thought.

note that it's a water-type+kingly type of a team.

Rabid_Cow
30th May 2004, 12:56 PM
You could throw one of those in there as a hitch for electric users + they both can learn Surf. Steven in the E4 doesn't use all Steel or Rock type poke's (which I'm guessin is his theme). It's just really up to you. Again, it's just a thought!

Music Dragon
1st June 2004, 01:43 PM
You know, you could say Steven's using "Earth" pokemon, with which I
mean steel, ground and rock types. So he has a theme other than steel
even if that's what the pokenav says. Personally, I love teams with themes!
Teams, themes... Get it? Well, I like the team. I've also been thinking of a royal team, with Slaking, Seaking, Nidoking, Slowking, Nidoqueen and Kingdra.
Good luck with your team! ;)