PDA

View Full Version : Colossem Questions

Darien Shields
17th May 2004, 03:43 PM
I'm just wondering, will I ever see either of these in Pokemon Colosseum;

Wild Pokemon

1v1 Battles?

I'm cool with 2v2 battles, and pilfering all the pokes in sight, I just had to wonder.

Number1ChanseyFan
17th May 2004, 03:49 PM
You will only encounter 1 vs. 1 battles in Battle Mode, where you can choose whether you want to fight in 1 vs. 1 or 2 vs. 2 modes. All of the battles in Story Mode will be 2 vs. 2. As for wild Pokémon, there are no Wild Pokémon in Colosseum. The only Pokémon that you can obtain in Colosseum are the 48 different Shadow Pokémon which are snagged from opposing trainers, your two starter Pokémon, (Espeon and Umbreon) the Plusle that you get from Duking, and the Ho-oh that you get for beating all 100 trainers on Mt. Battle in Battle mode after fully purifying all 48 Shadow Pokémon. To get Ho-oh, it doesn't matter if you defeat Mt. Battle in 1 vs. 1 or 2 vs. 2 mode.

Darien Shields
17th May 2004, 04:22 PM
What about breeding? Can you breed pokemon in Col. or do you have to trade to a game with facillities?

Thanks.

Number1ChanseyFan
17th May 2004, 04:45 PM
No, you can't breed in Colosseum. You have to trade Pokémon to a gameboy game in order to breed. There is a daycare center in Colosseum that is located in Agate Village, but it is not used for breeding. The daycare only has room for 1 Pokémon, and its only purpose is to reduce the darkness meter of a Shadow Pokémon that you put in the daycare.

Don't Run With Scizors
18th May 2004, 08:42 AM
Well, you can still raise a normal Pokémon's levels in the Colosseum daycare, and not just reduce darkness meters like N1CF said. There's a small cliff in Agate (the first one you see on the left when you enter) which you can repeatedly run into and still count as "walking" points for the daycare and shadow meters. Just fix the controller so your character is walking into it overnight, and in the morning, you can have lots of Pokémon ready for purification, as well as one that has gained many levels.

Dark Sage
18th May 2004, 11:10 PM
That would be unwise. The daycare is not free, and if you spend a whole night "walking" with a pokemon there, you'd never afford their bill.

Plus, the GameCube's manual specifically says never to leave it on that long. Feel the machine after you use it for a long time... it gets hot. If you were to overuse it...

- Venusaur

Razola
20th May 2004, 12:49 AM
Applying proper cooling via fans and the like (along with a good spot for venilation) would allow the Cube to go for many hours.

The excuse for the lack of wild pokemon is a joke. I almost would've preferred an NPC to just say "Nintendo didn't want to spend the money on it."

Darien Shields
20th May 2004, 05:34 AM
I left my PS2 on for two days straight once when I couldn't find a memory card with space, and it was okay. I guess there's less to go wrong in there though, y'know, two cogs and a CD reader...

I dunno about how long to leave a GC on though. I don't think I've left it for more than a few hours... Anyway, if you leave a Shadow Pokemon in Daycare wil it get "Experience", or just get purified? I don't want to get EXP without EV right now, so I'm against using Daycare.

Number1ChanseyFan
20th May 2004, 01:40 PM
The daycare in Colosseum will only do one thing at a time. If you leave a Shadow Pokémon at the daycare, then its shadow meter will decrease while it is in the daycare, but it will gain no experience points. If you leave a regular Pokémon at the daycare, then it will gain experience points. :)