PDA

View Full Version : Demon Lords of Japan (FINALLY STARTS!)

Cxjenious
17th May 2004, 08:58 PM
Samurai
Name: Turunkisu Kato
Appearance: Turunkisu stands at a lanky 6'3, and weighs only 165 lb. He is very wiry, and his frame hides his strength and his speed. His hair is thick and pure black, and cascades down his back to just above his buttocks. His eyes are bright green, but at times can turn a fiery red. His skin is just a bit tanned, but his slanted eyes give away his Japanese blood; but the eye that appears on his forehead from time to time reveals his ogre descent.
Battle Wear: He wear a long flowing black gi over white pants that are very loose, allowing for very easy movement. He wears wooden sandals that have metal plates on the bottom. He wears a special gauntlet that can absorb the souls of the demons he kills. He can use these souls to add power to his attacks. He wears this all the time
Personality: He is very loyal to those he trusts. He isn't very loud, nor does he talk much, but he is a very pleasant person and almost always remains calm. He seems to be naive about people, but he is only the way he is because he believes people should be given a second chance like he was given.
Weapons: He has a samurai sword created by his father. It is a reverse blade sword, and is very difficult to use. He carries a bow, but he rarely uses it, since he has a gunman to take care of opponents that are far away.
Special Attack(s):

Heavens Sword Flash: This maneuver involves a series of lightning flash sword slashes, following by a very painful kick to the face, and is finished with a very slow, yet powerful slash that almost always finishes the opponent, if he hasn't died already.

*Ogres Revenge: This attack varies with the users power. Like the Heaven Sword Flash, it involves many minor slashes, but instead of a powerful kick and a final blow, a blast of pure energy is released from the tip of the blade. During this attack the blade is infused with the power of the ogres and the power from the users soul. For those of Ogre descent, the move is fatal against all low and middle class demons, and a few high class demons, but requires a lot of power and is very draining to use. It is the ultimate regular sword {non-Bishamon} move.

Bishamon White Dragon Attack: This move can only be used with the Bishamon sword, the most powerful sword ever made by the ogres. The user draws all the power of the ogres into one final blow, and in the single slash that this moves needs, a white dragon is summoned, and is used to add even more power to the attack. Only one being can survive this attack, and even he can?t survive it more than once.

History: Turunkisu grew up with no mother. His father was a legendary samurai of the northern empire, and the Emperor's right and left-hand man. His father trained him in the ways of the samurai at a very young age. During the war of 1455, Turunkisu fought and earned the name of the Legendary ManSlayer. During the war, his father was killed. He thought it was by enemy soldiers, but it turned out to be a demon. That was when the Emperor of the north was first possessed. He spent five years alone, fighting demons, and it was during that time that he met his mother, a full-blooded ogre, and perfected his fighting techniques. He was given his special gauntlet, and since then, has been fighting more valiantly than ever against the demons. Now, in 1462, Kenshinhan Taruka, the oldest man in existence, asked Turunkisu to visit him in the mountains of Middle Japan. It was there that he met his five companions, and his journey started...
Other: He has a horse, is very good at with herbal medicine, and is a great survivalist.

Turunkisu Cato
~Samurai of the Northern Lands~

As I neared the mountains, my mind left the thoughts of the demons terrorizing my home. The land around me was so beautiful that even I couldn’t not stop to take a look. I clicked my teeth, and just like that, Jaihika stopped his steady trot, and I slid gracefully off his back. Even though the matter at hand was much more important, I had to stop and enjoy the scenery. Here, the sky was still blue; the grass was still green, even the air was clean with no sign of sulfur. There was wildlife. I saw many small animals resting by the side of the road, and I saw birds swooping and swerving around the sky, not even bothering to capture their prey. I hadn’t seen such life in so long. Nothing was burned, nothing was dead…I could barely believe it. But…if I didn’t do something, this land would also be destroyed, and there would be no more fields of green, no more birds gliding through the air, the animals on the roadside will have been killed, and everything insight would be burned down.

“Damn those demons,” I yelled, clenching my fists. “Somehow…I will get rid of them all!”

Relishing this moment as perhaps the last time I’d see such luscious life, I climbed back on Jaihika and continued onward towards Kenshinhan’s home.

Kenshinhan was a very old and fragile man, obviously in his last years. He used to be a samurai like myself, and he was also a Shinobi, a Martial Artist, and a gunman. He’d written me a letter telling me that he would be able to provide training for so that I’d be able to vanquish the demon’s with much more ease. It was said that he’d mastered every fighting style and technique known to man in the two hundred years he’d been alive. How he lived to such an age I didn’t know. I myself just hoped to make it to twenty-eight. He also trained my father, and for that, I respected him. He also said he had more info for me about the ogres from which I had received my power.

As Jaihika trotted up the long dust-ridden road that led to Kenshinhan’s home, I heard the sound of people walking. It was very far off, but being a samurai, I had to develop very acute hearing, and I had long since learned to single out certain sounds from others. During the two years I’d spent fighting Demon’s in the Northern Empire, I learned that demon footsteps were more hollow than human ones, and thus I could conclude that the footsteps I was hearing now were from human feet. I decided that they were from some the other people Kenshinhan had invited to his home.

“Wow Jaihika! Those people must’ve either left early, or be really fast!”

There was only one road that lead to Kenshinhan’s home, and that one came from the north. And to get to it you had to travel through very dense forest full of menacing predators. And I was certain that I was the only one asked to come from the north, so that meant that the people only a few hundred meters down the road from had to go across mountain terrain and dense forest. Shrugging it off, I turned my attention back to the road before me. I was mere minutes from my destination, but it looked like Kenshinhan wasn’t even up yet, because the large wooden gates were closed.

“Just great…I guess we’ll just have to wait,” I said, sliding off of Jaihika’s back. I’d used this free time to meditate a little, so I could get more intouch with my ogre blood…

Ali
18th May 2004, 02:42 PM
Name; Amuza
Age; 19
Gender;
Appearance; Standing at about 5'9", this mysterious young shinobi's hair is a tawny gold color, an uncommon hair color in the area. Her hair is short, and is pulled into four spiky pigtails - two at the top and two at the bottom. Her eyes are a green-grey color, and she usualy wears a confident smirk on her face. Amuza is thin and lanky, but still strong enough to hold her own in battle.
Battle Wear; She wears a white robe/dress that hangs around her shoulders. It ends about three inches before her wrists, and she wears a dark red shash around her waist. The end of her robe slants upwards a bit. The upper half of her outfit is whole, but the lower half has a slit that goes up to her side through the left slide. Underneath her robe she wears a skintight black shirt that is just black cloth in the middle, but the rest is made of fishnetting, and black skintight shorts. On her right leg, she wears fishnetting that goes down to her knee and on her left leg, she wears fishnetting that goes up to her knee. She also wears an alternative outfit: a dark blue V-necked dress/robe that goes down to about mid-thigh, once again slanting up from left to right. The sleeves of her robe are slightly bell-shaped and go down to her wrists, although she usually hikes them to around elbow length. She still has the slit, although it's a lot shorter this time. Over this outfit, she wears a steel breastplate that she ties a light red, almost pink sash around. Amuza's still wears the fishnet on her legs though, and in both outfits, she wears sandals and a dark bandana/strip of cloth tied loosely around her neck.
Personality; Confident of her skills and herself, Amuza is a bit vain. She doesn't place a lot of trust in people who she thinks are weak, and to her, that's mostly everyone. She's a prodigy in her skills, master of an arsenal of ninja skills. However, she does respect people who are powerful or at least know how to use their skills efficiently. She's kind of a sucker for a pretty or handsome guy, but other than that, she's intelligent and reasonably level-headed, although she does fall prey to wishful thinking sometimes. However, she's not above using people for her ends, so beware.
Weapons; Amuza carries around a giant fan that's as big as her with ease. On this fan there are three rose-colored dots. Also, she carries around a pack of kunai around her waist and she also carries around the traditional ninja stars.
Special Attack; ...I'll do this later? 8D;; I need to look some things up.
History; To make this short and sweet: Amuza appeared when she was five on a expert ninja's doorstep when she was five and refused to move until he gave in and took her on as an apprentence. She refused to tell anyone about herself, and as she was blonde, they concluded she was a foreigner - but from where? Amuza also didn't give them her real name, so 'Amuza' is not really her name at all. She flourished under her tutor and become one of the top shinobis in the area at age thirteen.
Other; She can summon weasels, via Naruto style. So yes, she can summon giant weasels that can squish your house.

Amuza/F/19/Shinobi
----------------------------
Amuza watched the man silently, hidden in the cover of the trees. The blonde shinobi stared at him, not moving from her spot, hand over her fan, ready to attack. He didn't seem to notice her... yet. Better safe then sorry, Amuza decided, and continued to watch the man as he stopped at the gates of Kenshinhan. Amuza narrowed her eyes. Perhaps he too, recieved a letter from that old geezer? Or... could he have other business with Kenshinhan? He didn't seem like a demon, but you'd never know... She'd heard stories of how demons could assume human form and decieve everybody. Well, there was one way to find out...

Amuza jumped lightly and quietly from the tree she was standing in and landed without making a sound. She strode towards the man, noting that he'd sat down on the ground and had now closed his eyes. She stopped a couple feet away from him.

"A samurai of the northern lands, right?" she asked him suddenly. "What business do you have here?"

[attachment deleted by admin]

Anjana's Halo
18th May 2004, 03:49 PM
Name: Jin Ishii
Appearance: Standing 6'1" with a fairly thin frame, she is neither large nor petite (definitely not petite) and also looks several years younger than she actually is. Her hair is ivory, hanging around her face in long strands, covering one side of her face and tied in an even longer ponytail behind her. Her eyes are a dull brown, and her face is free of wrinkles from seeming to never move her facial muscles. Her body is muscular in a feminine sense, and her hands are surprisingly tiny, whereas her feet are huge. On the side of her face that is covered with hair, there are four blackened scars, looking as if claws had raked her face. Her arms remain bare except for a thick iron bracelet on her left arm.
Battle Wear: Since she fights long distance, she has little armor. The style of clothing also causes people to first think she's male, and she does little to disillusion them. She wears dark brown leather pants, black combat boots, a tight, dark blue tanktop under a loose fitting black shirt, and a large black cape with a dark red underside, the collar of which hides her lower face.
Personality: A calm steady mind only rivaled by her hand while aiming, she seems to know infinitely more than she's letting on. However, the lifestyle she has led makes her very awkward in personal and social relationships, showing a great deal of insecurity and clumsiness. She also has a habit of speaking her thoughts or just chattering to break the silence.
Weapons: All her weapons are custom built models. The first is a rifle she uses for sniping or for closer contact. The second is akin to a pistol, though it has a much higher stopping power. The third is a large, revolver-like weapon similar to Vash's in Trigun.
Special Attacks:
~Focus- Calming and emptying her mind completely, she focuses all her senses to give a perfectly aimed, never miss shot. She must have time to prepare herself mentally beforehand, and she's vulnerable to attacks from the side or behind, since she is paying no attention to anything else. She uses this while sniping, mostly.
~Rei-Gun- If Jin would run out of bullets or need a stronger source of ammo, she can draw off her life-force and use chi as projectiles. This is draining however, so she prefers bullets. Using this too often could also send her into a coma or kill her.
~E Pluribus Unum- She locks all her weapons together to form one large super gun. What it does is unknown, since she's never actually used it.
History: She was trained from a very young age by the great gunmaster Jin Ishii in the lands of eastern Europe. She never knew her parents or her own true name, remaining nameless for the beginning of her life. When her master died in a fight when she was 15, she took up his name and his three guns and decided to travel east to the land of Jin the gunmaster's birth, Japan. In a Buddist temple in India she learned the art of chi-manipulation, and learned to use her chi as a physical weapon. She's been wandering aimlessly for years, never knowing anyone and remaining unknown to all. Once she reached Japan, she continued wandering, perfecting her use of the language and learning the customs and history, as well as its current events.
Other: She's a master of poisons, something she learned on her long journey east along with several other skills.

Gunman Jin Ishii of the West
I sat quietly in a corner of the small inn, sipping slowly on my morning tea. Outside I could hear to noises of an early morning village, children yelling and laughing, shop owners opening their businesses and speaking with the owners next to them, women hurrying to wash clothing and exchange gossip. Removed, I only observed, which rewarded me much more than joining the activities would have. I had stayed in this small town for two days, taking the time to relax and...no, not enjoy. I wasn't sure I knew how to enjoy myself anymore. For me, a feeling of contentment and peace were the highlight of my feelings. Not to say my guard was down. Even now I could draw a weapon faster than the human eye could blink, then fire it before that eye could blink again. Then I would hit that eye. I never missed.

The looks on the faces of the other people dining at the inn caused me to realize I was murmuring my thoughts aloud again. I shut my mouth, giving no indication of my embarrassment. Yes, I was a great gunman, but that was about all I was. I sipped my tea again, glad the other diners had turned back to their own conversations.

"Excuse me," said the innkeeper, a thin tiny man with wide, kind eyes, as he walked up to me. "Ishii-san, I have a letter addressed to you, sir." The people of the village had decided I was male, and I was in no hurry to correct them, though with my deep voice and body type it would be hard convincing them short of stripping.

"Thank you, Kindo-san," I replied, taking the letter and opening it to gaze at the Japanese characters. "Excuse me," I called to Kindo, who was just turning back to the kitchen. "If it is not to much trouble, could you read this to me?"

"You cannot read Japanese?" he asked me. I shook my head. He laughed goodnaturely, then stiffled it, not wanting to offend by mocking me. "Forgive me, Ishii-san, even though I know you are a foreigner, you speak Japanese so well I assumed you could read it, as well."

"I can read enough to find a bed and tell how much things cost, but beyond that, I'm quite lost." I gave the letter to him and he quickly scanned through it, widened his eyes, then read through again, more slowly. "Ishii-san, it seems your presence is requested by Kenshinhan-sama." The name was spoken with great reverence, awe, and perhaps a bit of fear.

"Is that all the letter says?" I asked Kindo.

"Y-yes, basically. But perhaps I should read-" I took the paper from his hands, folded it, then tucked it into my cloak.

"Do you know the way there?" I asked.

"Yes, I'll create a map for you; it is not too far from here. Do you know Kenshinhan-sama?" He asked, again in awe.

"No."

"You do not? Perhaps you would wish me to tell you what I-"

"No." I repeated, then punctuated that by draining my cup. After emphasizing with my manner that I wished to leave as soon as possible, Kindo accepted my payment for the room and board as well as some supplies I had ordered. After handing me the map, a very nicely detailed one though it had been made just in the last few minutes, Kindo asked if I would like a horse.

"No."

"It will take much longer without one, and-"

"No." I said once more, bowed, and left without another word to anyone within the small village of Mountain Mist. I never took a horse, because I had never learned to ride one, and I traveled alone. A horse, for me, would be too much company. Though having a companion might help me with my problem for not being able to maintain an inner monologe.

I suddenly realized I had said that aloud as well.

I sighed and looked at the map. Indeed, the twisted roundabout pathways Kindo had written down would take me all day, even with a horse, but I could cut that time in several ways by heading due east and not bothering with paths; in that way, I'd arrive by afternoon. I turned to face the morning sun and began walking once again.

Beach Boy
19th May 2004, 08:46 PM
Shinobi

Name: Ookami
Appearance: 6'5, 150 lbs, has a wiry build of body, sharp yellow eyes, black spiky hair, tan skin. Wears a brown cloak, that's torn at the chest by claw marks, that covers his battle gear.
Battle Wear: A black red, navy blue, and black sleeveless gi with a waist holder for his weapons.
Personality: Very quite. Hold great grudges. Looks at all dangers as annoyances. He only shows respect to others good guys if they beat him in a fight or that he made a mistake about them.
Weapons: Tonfas, Sais, and Ninja Stars
Special Attacks: Comet Strike: His sais glow yellow with his life force. This makes him faster for 3 minutes, after that he past out

Falling Moon: His tonfas glow yellow with his life force. He leaps into the air and drops at a fast speed and strikes his enemies with a deadly force.

Star Spin: He uses his ninja star to make a small tornado, use for quick escapes.
History: Was adopted by a ninja master, who uses the Night Force style, and his wife. After the demons took over, He has been wondering when the demons set fire to his home two years ago.
Other: He is a werewolf, which means he can transform into an black and white anthrowolf or normal wolf under a full moon or at will, but he has nearly full control over it. He is traveling with his 6-year-old sister, Yume.

Ookami, Werewolf Shinobi of the East.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
This must be a sad pathetic joke. The very day that the demons destroy my home and took my parents lives years ago, I get a letter to see an old man named Kenshinhan, who happen to live the same type of area as my father used to. Everyone in town that I protect, in return for shelter for me and my sister, insisted that we should be in his presence.

“Ooie,” my sister called to me on my back, “I feel must better, I can walk now,” She lied, I can still smell her bloody blisters on her feet.

I was in my full wolf form; I was big as a horse in this form. I can transform at will. Yume was all that I had left, and I will protect her at any cost.

Yume was still worrying about me, “Com’on, Ooie. The last village said that other warriors were in this forest too, they might mistake you as a demon and slay you.”

I would have told her that were demons here too, more in numbers than these ‘warriors’, but I couldn’t talk in this form, and even if I did, I had my backpack in my mouth. Yume had my cloak and gi.

I sniffed the air, someone was a few feet off. I stop and lay down to my chest and let my sister off. I then went behind some bushes and turn back into a human, and then Yume give me my cloths. She was curious, “What’s wrong?”

I gazed at the distance where my enemy was and I said to her sternly, “Someone is here,”

Yume gazed at me, “Maybe they’re nice.”

I just replied to her, being cold, “Maybe… or maybe not, they might be full hardy. Stay here, use the camouflage technique that I taught you.” Than I slowly walk off to where the opponent was.

Cxjenious
21st May 2004, 08:26 PM
Turunkisu Cato
~Samurai of the Northern Lands~

"A samurai of the northern lands, right?" she asked me. "What business do you have here?"

"I should be asking you the same question, o' woman who has so rudely interuppted my sleep," I shot back, a disgusted look taking over me face

I felt no need to draw sword nor even stand. My ogre blood allowed me to sort of read the true intentions of people, to a certain extent. The vibe I was picking up from this girl was one of true concern.

With my eyes still closed, I rose up slowly from the ground, and when I finally opened my eyes, (after about three minutes), I had a huge grin on my face. Flicking a lock of hair out of my eye, I stated my business,

"My name is Turunkisu. I am a samurai from the north, and I am here to visit Kenshinhan on special business."

Beach Boy
23rd May 2004, 08:02 PM
Ookami, Werewolf Shinobi of the East.
*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I leap from branch to branch, knowing that my sister is safe under the foliage camouflage technique that I taught her, I told here to stay back because I fear that she might get caught in the cross-fire. I know she has great skills to become a good shinobi.

I was I in a tree where I could hear and see the opponents probably without being seen. It was a boy and girl at a wooden gate, home to Kenshinhan. The young man seems to be a samurai while the girl was another ninja. The two seem to be here to see the old man too, perhaps Kenshinhan is a master teacher. If that is true, than I must see if my fellow peers are on the level, to see if this old man is not a beginner’s teacher.

I crawled down the tree, fast and quite, and quickly dashed towards the two, with my tonfas ready for battle.