PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions (YGO)

SageofDarkness
18th May 2004, 02:53 AM

On the Gameboy game World Championship 2004 when you search for a monster with Witch or you have to pick up and summon monsters with Cyber Jar you have to each show your cards to your opponent. Is this an actual rule when on the card it says nothing about showing the cards you draw or the monster you search for to your opponent?

How does Tornado Wall work?

on the Japenese card it says:

TORNADO WALL
Type: Permanent Trap
Effect: While the [Umi] Field card is face-up on the Field,
reduce the damage done to you by all monsters attacking you to 0.
If the [Umi] Field card leaves play, destroy this card.

but on the English card it says:

TORNADO WALL
Type: Permanent Trap
Effect: This cardcan only be activated when [Umi] is active on the field. As long as [Umi] remains face-up on the field, any damage to your Life Points becomes 0. When [Umi] is destroyed or removed from the field, this card is also destroyed.

This is clearly a big difference in translation and you have probably had to deal with this question before but I need to know, does the English Torndao Wall protect against ALL damage (i.e. Ring of Destruction) or is it only Battle Damage as the Japenese card states?

SWAMPERT1
18th May 2004, 09:39 AM
#1 Yes
#2 If you have an [UMI] on the field, Tornado wall acts like a Waboku. You cant resive damage from an opponents monster. And yes there treanslations are diffrent but thats how it goes.

SageofDarkness
18th May 2004, 10:51 AM
#1 Yes
#2 If you have an [UMI] on the field, Tornado wall acts like a Waboku. You cant recieve damage from an opponents monster. And yes there treanslations are diffrent but thats how it goes.

Thank you but what i really need to know is does the ENGLISH one, due to its wording, stop ALL damage (such as Ring of Destruction) as the wording suggest.

Yoh Asakura
18th May 2004, 12:19 PM
1. Indeed, with Witch and Cyber you have to show the monsters.

2. I'd check with uppderdeck on this one as It may be a loop hole in the English game. for Japanese it just prevents battle damage, but it's the same in the English games, so you can choose which to believe.

The Muffin Man
18th May 2004, 08:20 PM
Yep. If a card tells you to search, you're required to show it so that your opponent knows you're not using Witch to pull out Chaos Emperor Dragon.

As for the second one, as it is usually stated, go by what the english card says until it's changed or whatever. Until anything happens, it's all damage.

DarkTemplarZ
18th May 2004, 08:29 PM
1) Yea of course. How else to see that ur not cheating and putting a CED in your hand from Witch's effect or hiding a Reaper/Marshmallow from a field of trample monsters?

2) English translations. Always worded wrong, everything makes more sense in Japanese. I'm pretty sure Upper Deck's ruling is battle damage to your lifepoints, same as the Japanese.

Edit: stupid TPM censors "Jap", bah

Tyranitar#248
18th May 2004, 09:24 PM
For #2 I am 100% positive that UDE said it only stops battle damage.