PDA

View Full Version : Perish Song

Rabid_Cow
20th May 2004, 07:14 PM
Okay, I have 2 questions about this move.

First, can Protect be used to prevent you from dying at the end of 3 turns? I never got this to work w/my lvl 100 Misdreavus on GSC but some of my friends online have sworn to it. Has it changed in Ru/Sa?

Second, is it possible to Baton Pass it? I have this idea for when Fr/Lg comes out to TOTALLY abuse the Baton Pass move. I was thinkin that if I could BP it, I could raise up a Trapinch, Dugtrio, or even a Wobuffet to take the blows, and take one for the team...(are there any other poke's that have Arena Trap or Shadow Tag?)

This was just a thought, so if it sux just tell me...

HienkyakuX
20th May 2004, 07:55 PM
1.The perish song can't be protected not iven on 2v2.
2.If you use Batton Pass it will be pass to the new poke.
3.In that case just swish the pokemon whit shadow tag or arena trap.
4.Only Wobuffet have shadow tag maybe the pre evo don't know there and for arena trap no ideas I'll see and post back whit any one if there is others.
And it is cool, is funny whe you see the faces of the oponent when they see this absol in my case using perish song and in the 2 turn he swish out and wobuffet get in.

Gligar_Man
20th May 2004, 10:27 PM
wynaut does have shadow tag

and youd be referring to wobbusong, perish song then switch in wobbuffet, downside is wobbu takes a beating, could do as much dmg encore/counter/mc in the same amount of time, also your opponent has to be an idiot for it to work more then once, and it is predictable...

but it can be fun... i guess, :\

Poryhedron
20th May 2004, 10:49 PM
By the way, there is no reason at all to Baton Pass Perish Song. Once the song's been sung, the count is independent on both pokémon. If your Perish Singer switches out, the enemy will still have a Perish Count until it either faints or switches.
Actually, I just now thought of something. If a pokémon with perish Song uses the move, gets a count, and then BPs to a pokémon with Destiny Bond...can Destiny Bond take out an opponent when you faint from a Perish Song? That way you could faint one of their team with Perish Song even if they switch...but at the cost of your DBonder...

Gligar_Man
21st May 2004, 06:27 AM
can Destiny Bond take out an opponent when you faint from a Perish Song?

nope, if your thinking what if they switch and i just destiny bond the poor sap whos out there... nope...

Poryhedron
21st May 2004, 05:58 PM
Okay, thanks, Gligar Man. That confirms it. No reason at all to baton pass Perish Song.

Gagome
22nd May 2004, 01:24 AM
Okay, thanks, Gligar Man. That confirms it. No reason at all to baton pass Perish Song.
I think there is definitely a reason to BP Perish Song to a Pokemon which is able to prevent the oppenent from switching. Like HienkyakuX said switch a Poke with Shadow Tag or Arena Trap ability in and the oppenent can no longer switch out of the Perish Song count.

HienkyakuX
22nd May 2004, 06:11 AM
But that was swishing not batton pasing.
Hey and what hapens if He did batton apss and send an exploud his ability prevent sound atacks will it be cancel then? just in the case that u use perish and mean then batton to him.

Gagome
22nd May 2004, 08:08 AM
But that was swishing not batton pasing.
Hey and what hapens if He did batton apss and send an exploud his ability prevent sound atacks will it be cancel then? just in the case that u use perish and mean then batton to him.
Ah, I now understand what you meant. Switching a Poke with Shadow Tag or Arena Trap is indeed better and will stop the Perish Song count for your own Pokemon.
Baton Passing Exploud in when Perish Song is in effect will not prevent it form fainting. This is because his ability Sound Proof would only protect him if he is active when the opponent uses Perish Song. When the Perish Song count is active he will inherit it from the Baton Passing Pokemon.

Rabid_Cow
22nd May 2004, 09:51 AM
The idea I was goin with was this:

Absol - Substitute, Perish Song, Double Team, Baton Pass

Trapinch - Protect, Toxic, Dig, Double Team

The only real goal I had was to wait a few turns by Double Teamin and Substituting, then PS. The turn after that I'll BP to Trapinch. Maybe when Fr/Lg comes out there'll be a better PS/BPer for this job. This was only a thought. Thanks for your help!

Poryhedron
22nd May 2004, 12:17 PM
Baton Passing Perish Song is a bad idea. It's be like Baton Passing six Sand Attacks that the enemy used on you. Perish Song makes a pretty decent psuedohazing move. Why would you ever want to Pass that?

phaedrus
22nd May 2004, 12:58 PM
The idea I was goin with was this:

Absol - Substitute, Perish Song, Double Team, Baton Pass

Trapinch - Protect, Toxic, Dig, Double Team

The only real goal I had was to wait a few turns by Double Teamin and Substituting, then PS. The turn after that I'll BP to Trapinch. Maybe when Fr/Lg comes out there'll be a better PS/BPer for this job. This was only a thought. Thanks for your help!

when fr/lg comes out, use dugtrio instead of trapinch. MUCH MUCH MUCH better.

Rabid_Cow
22nd May 2004, 06:04 PM
Baton Passing Perish Song is a bad idea. It's be like Baton Passing six Sand Attacks that the enemy used on you. Perish Song makes a pretty decent psuedohazing move. Why would you ever want to Pass that?
Simple, it will kill the pokemon within 3 turns no matter how strong they or you are. It is a very good idea IMO. The only trick is that you have give it to a pokemon w/an ability that traps the opponent. (i.e. Trapinch) It looks bad at first I agree, but if they can't get away then they're screwed...

Poryhedron
23rd May 2004, 01:47 PM
See, what you're completely ignoring is that the Perish Singer doesn't have to stay in to maintain the enemy's Perish Count. If you switch out without BPing and the enemy stays in, the enemy still has the Perish Count.

rinku
23rd May 2004, 08:44 PM
Only reason to BP out under Perish Song is if you *can't* switch normally (enemy has Shadow Tag or Mean Look on or something) and you want another pokémon to take the fall.

Rabid_Cow
24th May 2004, 06:36 PM
See, what you're completely ignoring is that the Perish Singer doesn't have to stay in to maintain the enemy's Perish Count. If you switch out without BPing and the enemy stays in, the enemy still has the Perish Count.
OIC! I was totally overlooking that! Thanks that makes it even better!