PDA

View Full Version : What happened to TRO?

firepokemon
31st May 2004, 08:39 PM
I'm bored so naturally I came here, boring topics, but then I would find them boring as I am boring myself.

Anyway where the the rusted one and what happened?

And is shazza back or what. I hate not knowing things.

Death Goddess
31st May 2004, 08:43 PM
shazza isn't back yet :(

firepokemon
31st May 2004, 08:57 PM
and you are?

Zak
31st May 2004, 09:01 PM
TRO retired.

~Zak

Checkmate
31st May 2004, 09:10 PM
He PMed me and a few others saying that he just didn't enjoy it anymore.

RedStarWarrior
31st May 2004, 09:45 PM
Damn, I though I was his friend, but he didn't PM me. ;_;

Anyway, I guess Raz can be mod of Misc now that TRO is gone.

Death Goddess
31st May 2004, 11:32 PM
Anyway, I guess Raz can be mod of Misc now that TRO is gone.

please do not say such frightening words

cd
1st June 2004, 02:12 AM
shazza is still banned lol

Death Goddess
1st June 2004, 02:34 AM
yeah lol whats up wit dat

Razola
1st June 2004, 08:10 AM
please do not say such frightening words
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Heald
1st June 2004, 08:16 AM
Posting pointless messages Raz? You're beginning to become more like TRO everyday.

*sniff* They grow up so fast.

And the day Raz is modded in Misc. is the day I post a topic about how I am a pixie.

Oh please mod Raz, please.

Jay
1st June 2004, 10:20 AM
i'm not unbanned yet either, and I got banned for one of the most pathetic reasons I have ever seen in TPM history, haha. (grudge)

shazza's was also very pathetic. i know a lot of people who have multiple accounts and are they banned? noooooooo :mad:

i understand tro's reason to leave this dump of a place :yes:

Heald
1st June 2004, 10:26 AM
i'm not unbanned yet either, and I got banned for one of the most pathetic reasons I have ever seen in TPM history, haha. (grudge)I've been banned twice. Once because I gave Ishdul's RBY team a bad rating (as in his team was bad, not my rating) and he b*tched to Dodrio who banned me. The other time was because Oz didn't understand my sense of humour. So I have pathetic reasons too.

Roarkiller
1st June 2004, 10:59 AM
It aint fun anymore when the only things u see here r religion debates and nonsensical stuff.

Yeah, Rusty retired from arguing. Hard to argue with that, huh?

Iveechan
1st June 2004, 11:02 AM
It surprised me. Maybe the "stress" of modding got to him? And I was THIS close (makes a tiny space between index finger and thumb) to being banned from Pokecommunity for being an @ss. Hee hee.

Heald
1st June 2004, 11:05 AM
TRO had the best way of dealing with religious debates. He'd use an analogy that made no sense at all and had absolutely nothing to do with the debate and everyone would back away slowly.

Religious debates are utterly pointless anyway. It is impossible to evangelise someone over the internet (unless you're Animelee, but he doesn't count).

I prefer real debates. Except government debates because now everyone is either 'Power to the people! Government sucks!' or 'Government should rule all!'.

woz
1st June 2004, 04:31 PM
my dreams have come true.

Yoh Asakura
1st June 2004, 04:38 PM
"Maybe the "stress" of modding got to him?"

If modding a Pokemon messageboard gets you stressed then you need serious help.

phaedrus
1st June 2004, 04:42 PM
waaah no longass posts! *tear*

Yoh Asakura
1st June 2004, 04:43 PM

There's still Raz with his constant bitching.

phaedrus
1st June 2004, 04:52 PM
There's still Raz with his constant bitching.

but his is insult-bitching. that's different from plain old bitching

Sorovis
1st June 2004, 05:19 PM

Don't worry, you still have me.

As for The Rusted One, I got his PM. Sounds like he just didn't want to deal with the stress, as someone said. Of course, it wasn't the stress of the board, rather the stress caused by dealing with idiots while in constant debates. No matter where you are, idiocy will always take its toll.

Rei_Zero
1st June 2004, 05:56 PM
I wonder who that refered to Sorovis :rolleyes:
jk
Anyways. I don't blame the guy. He has college/university. Heck, I myself have trouble finding time now with high school finals whilst maintaining a 4.0. Imagine what he has to go through.

Iveechan
1st June 2004, 06:40 PM
I don't consider this section a Pokemon board at all. And I imagine it to be atleast a little stressful making those looooooooong quoted posts. Not sure, never did one myself. I guess he just got sick of it. Or he doesn't love us anymore :*(

kainashi
1st June 2004, 06:44 PM
Don't worry, you still have me.

As for The Rusted One, I got his PM. Sounds like he just didn't want to deal with the stress, as someone said. Of course, it wasn't the stress of the board, rather the stress caused by dealing with idiots while in constant debates. No matter where you are, idiocy will always take its toll.don't take part in the debates then. bam, problem solved.

Heald
1st June 2004, 06:44 PM
It was TRO's love of quoting that drove him mad, drove him away from us and then eventually it destroyed him.

Then again, I never trusted people from New Zealand. Damn Kiwis. Half-Australian half-Penguin mongrels.

en0miz
1st June 2004, 06:45 PM
Oh wow, I didn't know that. o_o Rusty was cool on AIM, but all his posts were like thesis statements (in other words "too long, didn't read").

And since some of you guys are talking about your bans from various pokemon message boards, I'll guess I'll add that I got banned from SPP about 3 times, if that even matters lol.

Heald
1st June 2004, 06:47 PM
I'll guess I'll add that I got banned from SPP about 3 times, if that even matters lol.Not really a hard thing to do. Just spell one word right and you'll be banned for being too intelligent.

Let's make litter out of these literati!

THAT'S TOO CLEVER! YOU'RE ONE OF THEM!

Red Angel
1st June 2004, 06:53 PM
And the day Raz is modded in Misc. is the day I post a topic about how I am a pixie.

I'm going to hold you to that.

As for TRO leaving... well, iot just means that Raz's debate steamroller is gonna have a field day.

Brain
1st June 2004, 07:05 PM
Stress? What the hell? I think TRO takes everything too seriously for his own good ;(

And college/university is such a lame excuse to let down your e-friends, I would never even think about doing such a thing :(

I don't remember ever getting banned from anywhere. I guess I could get banned from SPP easily, but it sucks so much I can't even surf their forums anymore, all of their worthless blabber makes me feel angry or something. I like their chat better, because you can see them get progressively frustrated everytime you say something that isn't worthless and it's entertaining when you have nothing better to do.

Little_Pikachu
1st June 2004, 07:13 PM
I'm sure if Rusty wanted a big attention leaving topic he would've posted one for himself, I think he just wanted to fade out without a big deal though so...