PDA

View Full Version : Shiney Pokemon?

Elekid_Trainer
2nd December 2002, 04:34 PM
I just want to know if they are back in ruby and sapphire since they seemed to be cool in gsc.If there is has anyone caught one yet?

ostrigal
2nd December 2002, 05:09 PM
Hi Elekid_Trainer…

Forgive me, I don’t have a qualitative answer for you, (…I can’t personally back it up because I have no proof…) but I have asked this question before, and folks have told me ‘yes’, that shiney’s are indeed in the game. However, I have seen no proof, and have gotten no other answer than ‘yes’, and have seen no posts on the site that go something like ‘Wow! Shiney Latios!’

I’ve also asked about the pokerus, and have received no definitive answers.

Just thinking about the shiney question for a moment though… if, like in G/S/C, the ‘shiney’ phenomenon was a function of a pokemon’s DVs, then it makes sense that they would be in R/S as well.

Tango
2nd December 2002, 05:50 PM
Notice the different colour on its wings... I couldn't make a picture of the little stars when it showed up... but i think this proves it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

ostrigal
2nd December 2002, 06:03 PM
Tango…

Is there anything on the data screen that identifies it as a shiney? (Other than the picture with effects…) Like the three little dots on a shiney’s data screen in G/S/C.

Thanks!

Tango
2nd December 2002, 06:07 PM
As far as I know... I have no clue! hehehe. Other than the colour change, maybe there's somethng in japanese, but I don't understand it. So, sorry... can't help you with that. But you can see the colour change, right?

PimpDaddyStroke
2nd December 2002, 06:41 PM
Yea they are still in the game,but 4 me,they seem to be more common than in GSC,i currently only have a Shiny Zubat

ostrigal
2nd December 2002, 07:05 PM
Tango...

Yes, I can see the color change. Thanks for the info!

347Studboy
2nd December 2002, 07:55 PM
What, they're more common than GSC? How could it get more common than that? After all, it only took me 210 hours to get a shiny MAGIKARP! Isn't that amazing?? A Magikarp, for crying out loud!! Sorry, I happen to be a big fan of Murphy's Law... it just seems ironic that of all the Pokémon I could have gotten, it was the most pointless one (either it's weak, or it evolves into something everyone has). Ok, sorry about the complaining, I had to get it out....

Scizor Master
2nd December 2002, 07:55 PM
Good to see they brought back shinys. Too bad though, my luck's run out, cause the first shiny I caught was a Lugia(didn't use Gameshark,either),so I won't be getting any good shinys I suspect