PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm...care to catch me up?

sayhey
1st June 2004, 08:51 PM
Ah, it's been so long since I've played Pokemon (I think...like a year ago when R/S came out), and I just got into the swing of things again.

So, I've got a couple of questions, and if anyone can bring me back into whats going on, I'd so appreciate it!

~ Fire red and leaf green: pretty much remakes of Red/Green, right? Anything else?

~ I'm still confused about the Eon ticket. What's going on with that? What is it used for, and if it's available, where do you get it?

~ Are old pokemon going to be back in the R/S metagame once FR and LG are released?

Sorry if this is a bit much...I must seem like a freak right now. lol. :freak:

andyizcool
1st June 2004, 08:56 PM
~ Fire red and leaf green: pretty much remakes of Red/Green, right? Anything else?

~ I'm still confused about the Eon ticket. What's going on with that? What is it used for, and if it's available, where do you get it?

~ Are old pokemon going to be back in the R/S metagame once FR and LG are released?
1. Yea, remakes of Pokemon Red/Green. Except new graphics, new Pokedex and some extra Islands south of Cinnibar Island.

2. On Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire the Eon Ticket will take you to Southern Island. There you will battle the Lati@s that isn't in the wild on your Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire game. You get it on an Ecard in USA and there was an event a while ago in the UK for one.

3. Literally all the Pokemon from Pokemon RBY and some GSC Pokemon are in Pokemon FR/LG and can go back to Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire.

Poryhedron
3rd June 2004, 02:00 PM
Don't forget that Fire Red/Leaf Green adds more recent features like Special Abilities and Natures, as well as the new moves...Charmander now learns Metal Claw naturally...and I suppose Magnemite is Electric/Steel, unlike in Red/Blue...
And the handful of GSC species that aren't in FRLG are in Colloseum's Story Mode and can be traded to RSFRLG, so pretty much everyone's in the metagame now. There are only three or so pokémon that are still impossible to get...Lugia and Deoxys each require a separate ticket, similar to the Eon Ticket, that I don't think has been released yet anywhere...and something, possibly Celebi?, is apparently still not obtainable, ticket or no, in any game anywhere without a Game Shark.

Iveechan
3rd June 2004, 10:14 PM
One more important thing in fire red/leaf green are the move tutors. There is one for each of most of the old RBY tm's. This is a great way to get Rock Slide on Aggron, Substitute and Body Slam for a lot of pokes, and so on. They only teach once, so be careful. It's neat, like having another mini set of tm's, except they're not breedable.

The Blue Avenger
4th June 2004, 08:04 AM
Also, to follow up on what Poryhedron was saying, some Pokemon like the legendary beasts (Entei, Raikou, and Suicune) are also in FRLG. That way if you missed your chance in Colosseum, or don't own it, you can get them from FRLG. Conversely, if you KOd them in FRLG, you can have a back-up beast on Colosseum.

Mudkip_Man
4th June 2004, 10:22 AM
Oh cool, the beasts will be in there? I was worried some of the rare pokemon would be left out....XD Can you say Pokemon: Golden Sun and Silver Moon? XD XD

HavoX
4th June 2004, 10:30 AM
Can you say Pokemon: Golden Sun and Silver Moon? XD XD

nope, I don't think the GS remakes will happen anytime soon :no:

The Blue Avenger
4th June 2004, 10:34 AM
Besides, I think Golden Sun is taken already...

Number1ChanseyFan
4th June 2004, 10:38 AM
After you defeat the Elite 4, one of the legendary dogs (or whatever you call them. lol) Will wander around Kanto, just like they did in Gold, Silver, and Crystal. The dog that you will be able to catch depends on the starter Pokémon that you chose. An easy way to remember which dog you will get is by remembering that the dog will always have a type advantage against your starter...

Bulbasaur-Entei
Charmander-Suicune
Squirtle-Raikou

Also, you get unlimited chances to catch the legendary dogs in Colosseum. If you fail to catch them the first time, you will get another chance at Realgam Tower, and if you fail to catch them again, you will get unlimited chances at the Deep Colosseum.

Poryhedron
4th June 2004, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I suggested Solid Gold and Sterling Silver a while ago...although that'd make them both start with S...regardless, though, I do believe GS remakes aren't in the works.

sayhey
4th June 2004, 12:36 PM
so is colosseum compatible with R/S? as in, you can use the legendary..um..beasts/dogs in R/S?

oh btw, thanks for all the replies. :)

Poryhedron
4th June 2004, 01:09 PM
You're quite correct. Ruby/Sapphire, Colloseum and Fire Red/Leaf Green are all compatible, so it is now possible to get the Legendary Beasts in Ruby/Sapphire...and when Fire Red/Leaf Green comes out, you'll be able to get them all in any of the three games.

Rudoku
4th June 2004, 03:28 PM
That was a joke from one of the openings on the anime(the Japanese original). "OK!" had a chorus that saidsaid in Engrish: "Golden Sun(s), and Silver Moon(s)". It also had "Golden Smiles, and Silver Tears!" in another chorus.

The Blue Avenger
4th June 2004, 09:16 PM
Oh, sorry... The first thing that popped into my head when I saw that was the game. But, when put into context, that would be a pretty clever name.

Ultimate Pikachu
4th June 2004, 09:58 PM
You can get an Eon Ticket from the September 2003 Nintendo Power Issue (they still sell it, I got one in May).

Mudkip_Man
5th June 2004, 12:26 PM
That was a joke from one of the openings on the anime(the Japanese original). "OK!" had a chorus that saidsaid in Engrish: "Golden Sun(s), and Silver Moon(s)". It also had "Golden Smiles, and Silver Tears!" in another chorus.
Yeah, that's the referance, from OK!. Though it's also to go with the theme of Fire Red and Leaf Green. Maybe switch it up...XD Sun Gold and Moon Silver....XD Though the first order sounds better, imo.