PDA

View Full Version : No More Japanese Text Support?? :(

EngiMatikul
1st June 2004, 11:59 PM
I believe not too long ago my subtitle was in japanese, but now its all in a bunch of gibberish. Did someone turn off the japanese text support thing? Or something? If it is off, can you turn it back on again? I don't see any reason why it should be turned off in the first place... >.>

Just asking. If you can't, o well, I'll find a new subtitle.

Zak
2nd June 2004, 12:14 AM
It displays fine for me. What browser are you using?

~Zak

Darkmaster Kagemusha
2nd June 2004, 12:31 AM
I can't see it either. It's just because you don't have the proper driver things installed on your computer to view them. You're supposed to be able to download them from Microsoft, but I can't :P

Chris
2nd June 2004, 05:00 AM
Not a driver, an OS extension. ;)

The Japanese Language Pack (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=24a66277-cd9f-4332-a6f1-52b85a6470bd&DisplayLang=en) from Microsoft can be installed on Windows 98/ME/2K/XP/NT. Give that one a try; there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to download it.

Zak
2nd June 2004, 08:50 AM
You sure he doesn't have it already? He did say he was able to see it before...

Anyway, try this: View --> Encoding --> Japanese

And if that is not there... then maybe Chris is right, maybe somehow the Japanese language pack accidentally got deleted from your system.

Try going to some Japanese sites and see if the text displays there... if it does, you already have it. Here are some I can think of off the top of my head...
www.google.co.jp
www.excite.co.jp
www.pokepale.com

~Zak

Pokemaster Ash
2nd June 2004, 09:40 AM
Actually, I think it might just be the board's text screwing up again. A lot of stuff got messed up again (much like when the board was upgraded in the first place).

EngiMatikul
2nd June 2004, 07:04 PM
You sure he doesn't have it already? He did say he was able to see it before...

~Zak

Yay! someone actually completely read my request :) Anyway, nothing's wrong with the pack because plainly, I can see the japanese text at another messege board where I have the exact same subtitle.

EDIT: besides, if I didn't have the support before, how the heck do you think I got the subtitle in the first place? :P

EDIT2: I'm using Internet Explorer.

Zak
2nd June 2004, 07:53 PM
So as I said...

Anyway, try this: View --> Encoding --> Japanese

~Zak

EngiMatikul
2nd June 2004, 11:39 PM
o____O;;; ok, now its no longer in ascii gibberish, now it's in chinese character gibberish. It's all chinese text except for a dot and a star and I KNOW that wasn't in my subtitle before. o_O No Japanese characters. Yes, I did goto view>> Encoding >> japanese.
EDIT: Oh, wait, now its back to ascii gibberish after I posted. :P

EDIT: Let's see お願いします

EDIT: ??!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!? WTFreak???? Ok I got an idea. Let me try changing my subtitle again.

EDIT: SUCCESS!!!

Water Pokemon Master
2nd June 2004, 11:44 PM
I was able to see Japanese text after the forums were upgraded, but then a while after, the text stopped working and became giberish. I think a setting somewhere is messed up.

Gothic Animé
9th June 2004, 07:45 PM
zak is absolutely correct. you just go to view»encoding»japanese. if your browser doesn't support it, it will ask if you want to install the package. do so. you may have to restart your computer for it to work though.

i know it's already been said, but i am proof that it works! and um, where do you get those symbols? i want them!

EngiMatikul
10th June 2004, 12:25 AM
I think you would need a special program that would allow you to type japanese. That's how it is for Chinese. Either that, or do random ascii combinations. :P

Gothic Animé
10th June 2004, 09:34 AM
well, hey, do you think you could do something for me? (i know this is way off subject, but yeah. ^^; sorry)

could you get the japanese characters for what my custom title is now?? which is 'animé goodness' without the quotation marks. if you could, thanks!

and um, yeah, when i try to get chinese characters, it just comes up as either squares or random characters like the yen symbol and a dot. ^^; *beats computer with a club*