PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Legends or not?

Music Dragon
2nd June 2004, 02:47 AM
Do you think it's good to use legendaries or not?

Loupeitak
2nd June 2004, 03:21 AM
well, it depends on the legendary and if you are using a lot of them or not. Like having one or two legendaries won't be that bad (god i've battled so many n00bs with 6 legendaries.). So it depends

andyizcool
2nd June 2004, 05:57 AM
I would say a maximum of 2 Legends for a battle. More than 2 Legends is really becoming cheap and not fair on who you're battling. The Ubers (Tier 1 + Tier 2) should just be banned because there Stats and Movepools are too good. Especially when the best Ubers are Calm Mind Mewtwo and Calm Mind Kyogre.

Music Dragon
2nd June 2004, 06:02 AM
I dont like too many legendaries. It is just boring, and they are so common.

Spark
2nd June 2004, 11:46 AM
Yeah, like they said, don't have too many!
(god i've battled so many n00bs with 6 legendaries.). :yes: That is annoying!

rinku
2nd June 2004, 06:39 PM
I don't have a real problem with them, but it needs to be clear before the battle what the ground rules are regarding them. That's only fair.

Also, it really is only a few of the legends that are truly over the top - Mewtwo, Rayuqayza, Deoxys and Lugia would be the real issues, with maybe Jirachi, Mew, Ho-oh and Celebi. Possibly Soul Dew Lati*s, but everyone seems to ignore the fact that an item *can* be removed. Knock Off, Thief or Trick will return them to normal power levels.

Crazy
2nd June 2004, 09:05 PM
One Kyrouge for me. I don't see the big deal with one (maximum) uber pokemon on your team. I mean surely if a person has one Calm Mind Kyrouge six pokemon could stomp it.

phaedrus
2nd June 2004, 09:56 PM
not if it sets up

rinku
3rd June 2004, 06:33 PM
Oh yeah... how did I forget Kyogre and Groudon? :P

Anyways, I find legends a bit boring too. You can't breed 'em and restarting a few dozen times to get an optimal personality and/or DVs isn't my idea of fun. It's worth noting that a top level breedable (i.e. Salamence) with superior DVs is usually a better bet than most legends with average DVs (which is what most will have, by definition).