PDA

View Full Version : The IBT Round 1 Pairings!

J Man Cool
2nd June 2004, 11:08 AM
Yeah yeah, GM hasn't confirmed yet. oh well, i'll take it as he did. here are the pairings!

1) Y2J verus MrE ~unless i'm mistaken, i haven't seen e anywhere. subbing needs to happen =[
2) Dweedle versus Fuzion
3) SSM versus Skarm ~they are active
4) JMC versus AvatarST ~ we've been on at times.
5) Lesm versus Bulbasaur3000
6) Jolteon X versus DekarTKB ~ dekar was on. Jolt hasn't been =[
7) Vegetto1000 versus Kuleguy
8) Cloggerdude versus SpaceDog ~clogger is on, and i just need SD to be active. bah.
9) Roy Master versus Duby
10) GotMiltank versus Nitro ~ i've seen no GM subbing?
11) Vineon versus LugiaStorm
12) Redwall Dude versus GolemKong
13) Chris versus Red13n
14) Baseballa versus Shallow Man
15) Deranged versus Hipmonlee
16) Shuveit versus Syberia ~ shuv and syb need to find a good time =[

To make this more interresting, i've decided to use a point system that Hip suggested to figure out the team champs. for a R1 win and for every Winner's Bracket win afterward, that play is awarded 2 points for their team. Every losers bracket win is given one point. then, a bonus point is given for the team with the best standing for that round {percentage-wise}. if a tie, then any or all teams will be given that point.

Cheese Fries: 0 pts
Team of Love: 0 pts
Team Red13n: 0 pts
Team Nubs(nitro's choice): 0 pts

this is double elimination so don't give up after a first loss. it just screws your team more.

If not known, clauses:
Species Clause
Sleep Clause
OHKO Ban
Über Ban
Evasion Ban
Glitch Clause (no reflect/light screen on Netbattle; no multi-hit moves or
substitute on Azure)

Also IRC is the First choice for battling and is forced upon someone to use it unless both parties agree for netbattle.

I'm gonna be flexible and make the deadline June 12; i doubt it'll take THAT long though =/. GL and have some loser Pokemon fun

~JMC

P.S. look around the boards for contact info if needed; i'll work and gathering it up in a bit.

Vineon
2nd June 2004, 12:11 PM
ls :D, excellent :)

also, I think rby light screen and reflect are fixed on NB now.

J Man Cool
2nd June 2004, 12:28 PM
oh shi... thanks for reminding me. gotta fix it saying that mirc is # 1 preference. my bad.

GotMiltank
2nd June 2004, 01:23 PM
Urm... I thought it was red13n you were waiting to confirm... o.O

If I was against someone else in round 1, I'd confirm. :what:

*bops Nitro* Hehe...

Hipmonlee
2nd June 2004, 09:36 PM
1) Y2J verus MrE <-- MrE!!
2) Dweedle versus Fuzion <-- Uhh, could be interesting, I will back Fuzion cause he is probably seen as the underdog..
3) SSM versus Metal Mew <-- SSM!!
4) JMC versus AvatarST <-- JMC, it is his tournament after all..
5) Lesm versus Bulbasaur3000 <-- Lesm, for underdoggish reasons again.
6) Jolteon X versus DekarTKB <-- Dekar!!
7) Vegetto1000 versus Kuleguy <-- Kuleguy
8) Cloggerdude versus SpaceDog <-- Uhh.. Close so I will back space, to cover the possibility Clogger will never get his battle done.
9) Roy Master versus Duby <-- Duby, cause it is easier to type.
10) GotMiltank versus Nitro <-- GotMiltank!! Boy, some of these pairings are mean..
11) Vineon versus LugiaStorm <-- Vineon!!
12) Redwall Dude versus GolemKong <-- RWD
13) Chris versus Red13n <-- red13n!!
14) Baseballa versus Shallow Man <-- Shallow Man
15) Deranged versus Hipmonlee <-- I think someone has rigged the pairings against our team..
16) Shuveit versus Syberia <-- Shuveit!!

I dont know who is on what team, so I cant sort of analyse my predictions, but I imagine that if everything goes as I say it will, we will most likely be coming first or secvond.

Have a nice day.

Syberia
3rd June 2004, 12:21 AM
Predictxx0rz

Originally posted by J Man Cool:

1) Y2J verus MrE - assuming he's alive
2) Dweedle versus Fuzion - sexy :*
3) SSM versus Metal Mew - TwynClaw :wave:
4) JMC versus AvatarST - couldn't predict against the one who brought us all this tourney, could I?
5) Lesm versus Bulbasaur3000 - bee three kay
6) Jolteon X versus DekarTKB - wtf?
7) Vegetto1000 versus Kuleguy - who are these people?
8) Cloggerdude versus SpaceDog - wtf old school
9) Roy Master versus Duby - why was gamefaqs even considered for this tournament?
10) GotMiltank versus Nitro - sorry bunnies!
11) Vineon versus LugiaStorm - see Dweedle
12) Redwall Dude versus GolemKong - g33k!
13) Chris versus Red13n - assuming Chris' luck god status has worn off
14) Baseballa versus Shallow Man - again, why was gamefaqs even a part of this?
15) Deranged versus Hipmonlee - DEGNARED!
16) Shuveit versus Syberia - hmm, I wonder... :yes:

J Man Cool
3rd June 2004, 10:10 AM
if you don't remember from last year, vegetto was the one who replaced psyblast in last years' ibt and beat redwall and caused a sub controversy

he's also very good. you guys just don't know him that well. sux2bu

Hipmonlee
5th June 2004, 12:54 AM
Me and Deranged were all battling, and it was like all close and stuff, and then Dee's Jynx and Alakazam got all scared at the sight of my starmie, and decided that defending themselves was for wussies, and stopped doing any attacks.

Yeah, so I won 3-0! Yay!

Have a nice day.

[Edit] -This post makes no sense.. Sorry about that..

Vineon
11th June 2004, 12:44 AM
won 3-0 as well, go team :)

Mr.E
12th June 2004, 04:10 AM
Hey fags, if you dudes weren't gone yourselves 90% of the time you'd know I was online virtually everyday. ;/ More than likely just neither me nor Jebus knew we needed to battle. =|

Anyway, seeing as how the deadline is supposed to be today, I'll try to seek him out for a battle ASAP. Hopefully today, even. ;/

Edit: Now he won't battle meh. X)

Syberia
12th June 2004, 05:00 PM
Has anyone seen Shuveit at all?

Hipmonlee
12th June 2004, 09:05 PM
Syb; Try looking at gamefaqs for Shuveit.. I don't think it is very likely you will find him at these boards..

And GM; evidently Nitro Emailed you and you never responded.. So like, respond or something.

Also, has anyone told SSM that MM got subbed?

And MrE's, Dekar's and red's battles we can blame on their opponents..

Go team!

Have a nice day.

J Man Cool
14th June 2004, 08:17 AM
i told ssm that skarm was subbed in.

e, if you'd actually look at topics, then you'd have an idea. not my fault; y2j knows and hadn't seen you.

Mr.E
16th June 2004, 09:56 AM
JMC, if you'd actually ever come on IRC yourself, then you'd have an idea. I didn't know Jebus was handicapped, though. :no: [If that flew over your head, try "he must be blind if he hasn't seen me."] I was there annoying him for a battle for at least a couple hours on Saturday morning, which he kept dodging until he eventually had to leave. It was a perfect opportunity to fight right there and he purposefully avoided me; there are plenty of witnesses to vouch for me as, if you knew how to read, you could see right above your post even.

J Man Cool
17th June 2004, 07:56 AM
you know e, just be glad i didn't become an arse and dq people at the deadline, which was about a week ago. I have been on irc, but just not for the weekdays due to sluttiness at the campus server. I've been on aim, in which you haven't been on, and i have checked the boards daily. you, however, didn't pop up until about saturday, the deadline. nice job chief.

Mr.E
17th June 2004, 06:46 PM
you know e, just be glad i didn't become an arse and dq people at the deadline

So you were going to DQ jebus for refusing to battle me at the deadline, but you didn't? Well I don't see why I'd be glad about not getting a free win but whatever you say. :no:

There may have been a few nights here or there I wasn't on due to either Internet troubles or company over at the house, but I am and have been on just about everyday. I'm not always on AIM, though I am often enough. It shouldn't matter anyway because I don't have to be on AIM to be online. Jebus can see me in the chat; I don't need to be on AIM to be able to contact him because, unlike you, I AM ON THE CHAT OFTEN ENOUGH TO SEE HIM 3-5 TIMES A WEEK.

But hey, if you want to DQ someone because their opponent refused to battle that person, you go right ahead. Leave me alone and go blow your Snorlax up on another Subbing Dugtrio.

Hipmonlee
17th June 2004, 07:43 PM
I think we need to sub GM.

Also I think Cloggerdude and JolteonX desperately need to be subbed, and possibly also Y2Jesus..

Also I think that all the other battles should be well and truly completed by now..

However I haven't seen who is online and such, but seriously, these pairings don't appear to be that unlikely.. This unlimited extension rubbish needs to be fixed too.. I think progress since the extension has proven that if you give people unlimited time, then they will take advantage of it. This round needs to be finished by next monday imo.

JMC, you seriously need to give the captains a good kick up the pants - yourself included.

Also, if we need subs, I recommend Charizard04621 and Prodigy.

Have a nice day.

Vineon
18th June 2004, 10:39 AM
make it single elimination.

J Man Cool
19th June 2004, 12:32 PM
cloggerdude has been on practically every day on aim. he also was on irc when SD was, and space was just not there (meaning either he was idling or not paying attention.)

yeah, i'm getting friggin tired of it. Deadline will be tuesday period.

if some subbing doesn't happen, i'm just gonne dq. I've seen one battle at which both people are talking about a time and they both have shitty scheduals: me and Avatar.

however, i'd like to see other people e-mail 'em. even the ones who it's not their fault.

also, in certain battles, your team:

GM needs to be replaced. he hasn't been online, in like ever, and nitro has the win atm.
shuv has also been needed to be awake, 'cause syb has been on aim and irc.

that's basically for red's sake, though i wish someone else would choose for him if all else fails *cough*hiporvin*cough*

bah

TheHornyBug
24th June 2004, 09:04 AM
Bahaha GM is gonna get owned. :lol:

Syberia
24th June 2004, 09:37 PM
Bah, I got owned.