PDA

View Full Version : GTA San Andreas E3 Shots

Heald
2nd June 2004, 03:24 PM
Masturbate over these at your whim. (http://www.gta-sa.de/new/bilder.php)

The site is German but you can see the pics and also there are no adverts/slow loading times/membership fees/terrible design or other bullsh*t you get with sites such as IGN. And it has more pics than them as well.

Now, from what I've read, it is going to be three times bigger than Vice City and Liberty City combined. That is because there are going to be three different cities with a stretch of countryside between them.

Plus other features such as proper gangmembers that you can order around, dual weapon holding and not just the ability but the need to go to the toilet. Plus eating and drinking actually affects your stamina.

My mouth is watering like a wet watermelon.

PNT510
2nd June 2004, 08:08 PM
Most of those pics aren't E3 pics. They're from the latest issue of Game Informer. The magizine has a huge multipage article about it. Other things you can do is have your whole gang assist in a drive by, and if you become fat and out of shape many missions will become much harder or imposible to do.

Swinubman53
2nd June 2004, 09:00 PM
*twitch*

must...get...GAME :eek:

Razola
3rd June 2004, 08:59 PM
I'm hoping this adds a bit more to the franchise than Vice City did. Vice City was fun, no doubt, but it was really just more of the same with tons of polish.

TeleFox
5th June 2004, 07:21 AM
Heh, I still haven't become tired of VC yet, since I started 'stunting' and recording w/ Fraps, but SA's going to be one mean bit of gaming.

Countryside = hillbilly bashing

Oh yeah.

Razola
5th June 2004, 10:27 AM
Vice City was good, no doubt about that, but GTA3 was a very new experience. I'm just hoping Rockstar isn't going to play it safe and make small tweaks with each "sequel".

bakahams7er
5th June 2004, 11:53 PM
so hot :jump:

Ultimate Charizard
6th June 2004, 11:23 AM
I heard about the need to eat/drink etc but go to the lav too?
Is this going to cover everything that the body needs?

(and if you liked Mouse in the Matrix you'll know what i mean)

This is what ive been waiting to see. Real games with real life style events. Kinda like Sims without all that watching them sleep crap.
Apparently ive also heard that if your a little low on cash, because just about EVERY building is accessible you can go in and rob the place and fence the gear....of course depending on what your planning to rob the required planning goes up. ie Beat up house in the burbs or a Bank lol.

Its said that the Cities are gonna resemble real ones too. L.A, Las Vegas and San Francisco with 'San Andreas' being the name of the State your in. Ie the San andreas Fault. (I really hope noone actually needed that explanation)

Heald
6th June 2004, 12:02 PM
The three cities are based on Las Vegas, San Francisco and Los Angeles. They are separated by stretches of desert or countryside.

Features I've heard are that you can gamble at Las Vegas. You can also take your gang members to robberies as well.

What do I want? The ability to choose your allegiance like GTA2. I wanted to be a Yardie in GTA3 but was stuck with Mafia or Yakuza.

PhatZapdos
6th June 2004, 12:36 PM
Vice City was good, no doubt about that, but GTA3 was a very new experience. I'm just hoping Rockstar isn't going to play it safe and make small tweaks with each "sequel".

indeed

I wanted to be a Yardie in GTA3 but was stuck with Mafia or Yakuza.

Mafia > yakuza > all

Heald
6th June 2004, 12:43 PM
Mafia > yakuza > allMy opinion > your opinion

Simply put:

My opinion = fact

:P

PhatZapdos
6th June 2004, 12:51 PM
shut up and stop making fun of me :(

Heald
6th June 2004, 12:53 PM
shut up and stop making fun of me :(I won't shut up but I am not making fun of you since I am stating the two laws of the universe. The Misc. Forum knows them. Now you do.

PhatZapdos
6th June 2004, 03:12 PM
I won't shut up but I am not making fun of you since I am stating the two laws of the universe. The Misc. Forum knows them. Now you do.
yes.... :sweat2:

Razola
6th June 2004, 09:22 PM
I won't shut up but I am not making fun of you since I am stating the two laws of the universe. The Misc. Forum knows them. Now you do.
So says the peon.

Now go back to the Misc. Altars and prepare the sacrifice in my name.

TeleFox
6th June 2004, 10:02 PM
Heh, clash of the titans.

I also hope GTA:SA will have more improved physics in some areas, 'cos there were some pretty glitchy situations.
If you hit a flight of steps of the right height with a Caddy, you can actually get it to do a 360 flip, and land perfectly back on it's wheels.
Fun, but a tiny bit unrealistic.

PhatZapdos
6th June 2004, 10:08 PM
i 1nce made a pyramid of cars in gta 3....till they all disapeared.... :sweat:

Razola
6th June 2004, 10:39 PM
Question: Why are all GTAs developed on the PS2? Why not use a machine with power, like the X-Box or at least the Cube?

PhatZapdos
7th June 2004, 02:01 PM
Question: Why are all GTAs developed on the PS2? Why not use a machine with power, like the X-Box or at least the Cube?

indeed :yes:

Razola
7th June 2004, 02:37 PM
Of course, I'd prefer if all games started development on the PC, but that's never going to happen.

PNT510
7th June 2004, 05:23 PM
They're made on PS2 because that's where they will sell the best.

And Raz, with XNA your wish for all games to be developed on PC first takes one step closer.

DarkTemplarZ
7th June 2004, 07:24 PM
You get to play a black dude?! SWEET!!!! The pics look awesome, and I always wanted to have minions to do my bidding in GTA muahaha. Looks like they have bikes too.

PhatZapdos
7th June 2004, 08:43 PM
You get to play a black dude?! SWEET!!!!

omg.....wtf.....o_O;

Tainted
7th June 2004, 09:04 PM
You get to play a black dude?! SWEET!!!! The pics look awesome, and I always wanted to have minions to do my bidding in GTA muahaha. Looks like they have bikes too.

No. Incorrect accusation. It was a rumor. People saw from photo-art of the game and figured the main character was black. Rockstar has confirmed that he is caucasian.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

DarkTemplarZ
7th June 2004, 09:08 PM
No. Incorrect accusation. It was a rumor. People saw from photo-art of the game and figured the main character was black. Rockstar has confirmed that he is caucasian.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

not really an accusation, it would've been fun to play as a black person. Whatever, caucasian's alright too.

Tainted
7th June 2004, 09:16 PM
not really an accusation, it would've been fun to play as a black person. Whatever, caucasian's alright too.

I don't know where you live or what race you are, but GTA:SA is receiving the same buzz that Manhunt got when people fought over "is the main character black or white?" Well, the thing is, he looked white, but he had black kids and a black wife. People said he adopted, it's bullshit, he was black-- but the ****ing game developers didn't make him black because the KKK runs the south USA and all those rednecks that buy games don't want to be some "pop-a-cap-in-yo-ass-mo-fo" deviant.

You have to take into account how many people would throw away an amazing game because the main character was black. I wouldn't, I have no problem with playing as a black character, but the majority of people that play video games are male caucasians-- and people like to feel like it's them in the game. Therefore, white men as the main character.
Every once in a while they'll throw in a stick with long hair and massive tits for eye-candy.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Razola
7th June 2004, 09:21 PM
The pics in Game Informer clearly show a black man in the lead. Has his race been changed? And we've already done the white man crime world (mafia, lackey, etc.) and I think a bit of ghetto-ness would be a good change.

Tainted
7th June 2004, 09:36 PM
The pics in Game Informer clearly show a black man in the lead. Has his race been changed? And we've already done the white man crime world (mafia, lackey, etc.) and I think a bit of ghetto-ness would be a good change.

I was told that Rockstar denied an African-American as the played character, and spoke rather of your usual caucasian. If I'm receiving false information I stand corrected-- but I still doubt they'd put a black man in lead. If so, it's a very risky move on Rockstars behalf.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

PNT510
7th June 2004, 09:53 PM
Trust me, he's black. The guy on the Cover of GI is black, the man characters best friend is black, and his brother is black.

Tainted
7th June 2004, 10:06 PM
Trust me, he's black. The guy on the Cover of GI is black, the man characters best friend is black, and his brother is black.

He'd better be black if his brother is black... Like, no more of this debating whether he's adopted, etc. The guy on the cover isn't always the main character, take that into mind... And white people on occasion DO make friends with the dark-skinned men of Africa for financial gain purposes, or protection... Oh... and his "brother", well, you see, to black people, everyone is their "brother." Mainly because they don't know who their real father is.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

PhatZapdos
7th June 2004, 10:28 PM
He'd better be black if his brother is black... Like, no more of this debating whether he's adopted, etc. The guy on the cover isn't always the main character, take that into mind... And white people on occasion DO make friends with the dark-skinned men of Africa for financial gain purposes, or protection... Oh... and his "brother", well, you see, to black people, everyone is their "brother." Mainly because they don't know who their real father is.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

hehe.....racist comment...... :rotfl:

Tainted
7th June 2004, 10:28 PM
hehe.....racist comment...... :rotfl:

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

PNT510
7th June 2004, 10:29 PM

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Why the **** would they put some random character on the cover of the magizine?

Tainted
7th June 2004, 10:31 PM
Why the **** would they put some random character on the cover of the magizine?

They do it all the time... It doesn't have to be a random. When they first introduced Vice City a magazine cover featured Phil Cassidy, and in a previous issue they had a picture of that Jewish lawyer with the badass curly fro. It's done commonly, dude, and Rockstar likes to **** it's gamers around a little.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

PNT510
7th June 2004, 10:43 PM
What magizine had the lawyer on the cover?

Razola
7th June 2004, 11:56 PM
Have you read the GI article? Quite clearly the main character is black. You return to San Andreas from Liberty City after a accident that killed your mother (or other family member, I read the article some time ago). The article has screenshot were your character is talking to his estranged brother and friend. All three in the picture are clearly what one would calld "black."

PNT510
8th June 2004, 01:08 AM
Maybe he is sunburned.

Tainted
8th June 2004, 06:49 AM
Have you read the GI article? Quite clearly the main character is black. You return to San Andreas from Liberty City after a accident that killed your mother (or other family member, I read the article some time ago). The article has screenshot were your character is talking to his estranged brother and friend. All three in the picture are clearly what one would calld "black."

Well, I guess if you're as successful as Rockstar, you don't need to worry about Rednecks and the KKK not buying your games...

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Sarcastic Assassin
19th June 2004, 09:31 PM
Masturbate over these at your whim. (http://www.gta-sa.de/new/bilder.php)

Heh, that reminds me of the time people were all pissy because there was a member named "masturbator8".

Anyway, these are pretty ****ing sweet. I hadn't seen anything about San Andreas at any of the other gaming sites (as well as no mention of it on PA). From the looks of it, it seems like this one'll take place in the modern day (though it could be the mid-90's), which I'm happy about. Maybe they'll make fun of Bush :)

Ultimate Charizard
19th June 2004, 11:54 PM
From what ive heard the setting is gonna be early to mid 90's. Losing the whole 80's vibe. Cant wait to see the radio playlist...speculation says its gonna be lotsa stuff from that area, Compton etc so expect some Dre and Snoop in there.

Adz44
20th June 2004, 11:28 AM
I read the piece OPS2 (it was about 8 pages) did on GTA:SA the other day and I think it sounds amazing. On paper, this is going to be the one of the most interactive games so far. I don't see Rockstar messing it up. Sam Houser and his team really know their stuff.