(W&D)
Stage 2
Evolve from Team Aqua Sealeo
Weakness: (F&M)
Resistance: N/A
Retreat Cost: (CC)

Pre-Evolution Choice:

1) Team Aqua’s Spheal
There are two choice. Either the one that has 40 HP that can put opponent to sleep ,and the one with 50 HP that can do Aqua Trance (put your opponent to asleep next turn). I would choose the 50 HP one, as it has more HP and better attack.
2) Team Aqua’s Sealeo
Again, there are two choice. There are the one that has 70 HP that can use Aqua Trance causing 20 damage for 1 energy and does 50 damage if the defending pokemon is asleep during your next turn for 2 energy, causing up to 70 damage. The second one with 80 HP can discard any Stadium Card in play for 3 Colorless energy. I would choose the 70 HP one, as it has a better attack than the other one.

Attack:

(W)Power Blow 10+
Does 10 damage plus 10 more damage for each Energy attach to Team Aqua’s Walrein.
At the minimum of 1 energy card, this attack can deal 20 damage.
(WWCC)Hydro Reverse 50+
You may return any number of basic(W) Energy cards attached to all of your Pokemon to your hand. If you do, this attack does 50 plus 10 more damage for each Energy you returned.
With this attack, by returning all the energy card from each Pokemon , this attack can do a lot of damage up to a whooping 100+ damage. :eek:

Combo:

1)Swampert(Water Call)
(Use in modified) Place a few Swampert on hand, and use Water Call to attach back the energy card that has been returned to hand.
2)Blastoise(Base)
(Use in Unlimited format) UseBlastoise to Raindance all the energy from hand to the Pokemon which their energy was returned.
3)Pokemon Nurse
With all the Pokemon empty without energy, nurse them to full health, without losing any energy, and watch your opponent crying in frustration. :laugh:
4)Archie
Use Archie to bring TA Walrein into play quickly without evolving it.

Card Art Rating in number 1-5: 3
Comment: TA Walrein can cause lots of damage with it’s second attack, using the right cards. The problem is that this card need lots of time to set it up. Ampharos-ex can dwindle TA Walrein effort to attach back the energy, and TM Aggron and Aggron ex can OHKO TA Walrein. Stay clear out of them.
Overall Rating in number1-5: 4

Water Pokemon Master
2nd June 2004, 10:24 PM
Hehe, I am so combining this card with Blastoise ex when it comes out.

Alec Trevelyan
2nd June 2004, 10:54 PM
looks fine the combos, but we dont know 100% the comming cards, but this card has potential, and needs EX stuff together to combo too... thinking of one...

Water Pokemon Master
2nd June 2004, 11:42 PM
We do know that Blastoise ex will be out in August since the set is called EX FireRed and LeafGreen. So, it is a sure thing that it is coming out. :)

Roarkiller
3rd June 2004, 07:49 AM
I dont suggest using archie for this card for 2 reasons. One, u have to put 2 damage counters, tho this aint that big a deal i guess.

Two, if u were to use archie to get a sealeo out and wally up instead, u can use boost energy to power up its 1st attck faster, which IMO is where the real power lies in. Remember, it sez +10 for each energy, not energy card, so a boost energy effectively adds 30 damage. Played well enough, u can do up to 130 by turn 4 every turn onwards. And since removals r virtually non-existent in the modified format, this is one factor to take advantage of. Juz remember to not let the guy die if u have that much energy on him.

Water Pokemon Master
3rd June 2004, 08:56 AM
I don't think Boost Energy is such a good idea for Walrein. First off, Boost Energy must be discarded after you use it. Secondly, it is 3 colorless energy, not W energy, so it wouldn't really work that well with Walrein. Thirdly, Boost Energy is going to rotated out of the format in like September.

I suggest using Double Rainbow Energy for Walrein. The only setback is that damage is reduced by 10, but that is it.

Roarkiller
4th June 2004, 07:26 AM
Oops, forgot bout that part. Heheh, my bad. But it can still dish out instant 30+ damage anytime.

Double rainbow wont work. It reduces the attack damage by 10, and i believe it accumulates w/ every double rainbow. Which means attaching a double rainbow is the same as attaching a single energy.

For damage that increases w/ every energy, double rainbow only works if the amount increase is more than 20.