PDA

View Full Version : how do i change my ruby pokedex to include colosseum pokemon?

wilma wong
3rd June 2004, 04:57 AM
maybe i'm just being thick, but my ruby won't register pokemon traded from colosseum in the pokedex. i have them in my boxes, but my dex remains at 201. how do i change it?

Chris 2.1
3rd June 2004, 08:19 AM
Don't worry, this is a frequently asked question. You'll need to wait until Fire Red and Leaf Green are released first, before you can get the new Pokedex with space for all 386 Pokemon on it.

All you have to do is trade with FR/LG, and you get the new Pokedex on your Ruby/Sapphire cart.

To trade to Ru/Sa from FR/LG you must first collect the Ruby and Sapphire Plates from the Islands, which are acessable after you defeat Blaine on Cinnibar Island.

South of Cinnibar are 9 new Islands. On Island 1, after beating the Elite 4, a cave opens (2 Rockets were previously guarding it) In there, there is a Braille Message and the Ruby Plate.

On Island 6, there is a cave. Open it by using cut and you see the Sapphire Plate. However, it gets stolen by a Rocket member and you must follow them back to Island 5. The Rocket HQ is now open and you must navigate a conveyor-belt style puzzle to get the Plate back.

With the Ruby & Sapphire Plates, you can head back to Island 1 and put them onto the big trading machine, and there you go! You can trade with Ru/Sa, and get all those old Pokemon onto your Hoenn Team.

Joshua Neal
3rd June 2004, 12:45 PM
I was wondering how I could get all 386 Pokemon on my PoKeDEX in my Sapphire game.

Thanks for telling all of us TPM members Brit Chris.

andyizcool
3rd June 2004, 12:49 PM
With the Ruby & Sapphire Plates, you can head back to Island 1 and put them onto the big trading machine, and there you go! You can trade with Ru/Sa, and get all those old Pokemon onto your Hoenn Team.
And as soon as you've received that traded Pokemon off Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green to Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire your Hoenn Pokedex will be updated to the National Pokedex. Your National Pokedex on Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire looks much better than the Hoenn Pokedex.

Saturos
19th June 2004, 11:46 AM
Hm? What do you mean? I have to "search" for the National Dex in order to get it up.

andyizcool
19th June 2004, 02:19 PM
Hm? What do you mean? I have to "search" for the National Dex in order to get it up.
You just have to get the Ruby and Sapphire Plates on Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green to make the Trading Machine work for Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire. Catch 60 Pokemon or more on Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green and you get the National Pokedex. Trade with Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire and they'll also get the National Pokedex from Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green.

JamieC
4th July 2004, 10:59 AM
I know its kinda frowned upon, but is there not a Gameshark code to expand the Pokedex in Ru/Sa? My friends (the owners of said Gameshark) keep pestering me to find out a code for them. Will I just tell them to wait?

Poryhedron
4th July 2004, 12:21 PM
Hrm...there's a code, but it's for the Datel GameShark. Honestly, I have yet to see a single way in which MadCatz taking over is a good thing. If you have the original GameShark Advance, with codes that are two lines of eight characters each, then you can use these codes, which I found at GameFAQs:
E7343B1C 1E9465D8
03C39BA2 B0541E66
85DC5BF3 76315A10

JamieC
4th July 2004, 12:41 PM
Excellent, cheers for that. Hopefully they'll understand the info - I've never used/seen their gameshark so its pretty much all gibberish to me.

You'll have made some distinctly happier campers anywho.