3rd June 2004, 11:22 AM
here's the deal...

I have a Metagross with a Brave nature, and his name's "Bosco."

well, I already raised it to Level 58 and it already knows these moves:

Meteor Mash
Metal Claw
Psychic
Cut
I want to get rid of Cut and Metal Claw, but I need some suggestions for what to use.

*Earthquake, Brick Break, and Aerial Ace will immediately be ignored because I already taught my other Pokémon these moves.*

EDIT: I've crossed out Metal Claw and Cut because I just taught Bosco Light Screen and Shadow Ball, so I'm good

Freyr
3rd June 2004, 11:25 AM
Well, I don't know how good mine is but I have..

Meteor Mash
Reflect
Shadow Ball
Psychic

so meh.. just a suggestion :X

HavoX
3rd June 2004, 11:53 AM
Reflect

nah, that's not gonna work... I would use Protect instead, but that's only useful for a Double-Battle when my Flygon can use Earthquake, and Metagross would protect itself from the earth-shaddering move.

"Shadow Ball", I like that... it would be useful against Psychic Pokémon that know Fire-type moves http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

andyizcool
3rd June 2004, 12:00 PM
What about Light Screen? Metagross' Base Defence Stat is higher than his Base Special Defence Stat. He would last longer against at least two Fire Moves with Light Screen. It's hard to make a good Moveset for a Metagross without Earthquake because that's one of his key Physical Sweeping moves.

HavoX
3rd June 2004, 12:08 PM
yeah, it's a shame I wasted TM26 to Flygon... Bosco would've been more powerful with Earthquake

thanks guys for your suggestions

Music Dragon
3rd June 2004, 12:33 PM
Hmm, I'm not exactly an expert on pokemon movesets, but my Metacross, which is his nickname, has Meteor Mash, Iron defense (which I soon will replace), Psychic and Strength ( I also wasted my EQ to Flygon :( ) and it's right that EQ is important to make a good Metagross. But honestly, I don't know. :confused:

andyizcool
3rd June 2004, 12:35 PM
I have a tip for you people that have gave Flygon Earthquake. If the Flygon is Male you'll be able to breed Earthquake on better Physical Sweepers in his Breeding Group. Like Heracross would be a good example of a Physical Sweeper that you could breed Earthquake onto. Your Flygon needs to be Male though if you want to breed on Earthquake to another Pokemon only in its Breeding Group.

Chris 2.1
3rd June 2004, 02:24 PM
Another tip - both Colloseum and Fr/Lg have the same TM's as Ruby and Sapphire, so if you ever get either of these in the future, you can teach the TM to a Pokemon again.

You could either attach the TM to a Pokemon and trade it over (if you can still do that)

Or trade Metagross to Fr/Lg and teach it Equake before trading back to Ru/Sa.

In Colloseum, TM26 is found in the Laboratory
In Fr/Lg, TM26 is given to you by Giovanni after you defeat him in Viridian Gym.

Ultimate Pikachu
3rd June 2004, 06:26 PM
Without Earthquake and/or Brick Break Metagross isn't as good. You could give it Agility. Brave sucks, Adamant is much better. Psychic is not good on Metagross because it's Attack is way higher.

HavoX
3rd June 2004, 07:31 PM
TOO LATE

this thread died after Freyr and andyizcool gave me the suggestions I needed

Chris 2.1
3rd June 2004, 08:08 PM
The first repliers aren't always right. We're all giving our best advice here, you should try and take everything into account.

HavoX
3rd June 2004, 08:34 PM
All good points.

But seriously, no more suggestions. thnx

P.S. IF I DO SEE ANYMORE SUGGESTIONS THAT I DON'T NEED, THIS THREAD'S GONE