PDA

View Full Version : [P] "Dude! That movie would like so rock!"

Yoh Asakura
3rd June 2004, 02:19 PM
1) If you could have a book/video game/comic/tv show/etc made into a movie, what would you choose?

2) What movies are you looking forward to?

1. Zelda, Metal Gear Solid (Supposed to be in production) with David Hayter as Snake (He is an actor yes, he plays Guyver in Guyver: Dark Hero), Silent Hill (Supposed to be in production)

2. I have a few:

Alien Vs. Predator - They both rock and it looks so cool.

Resident Evil: Apocalypse - They better not screw up Nemesis...

The Chronicles Of Riddick - I thought Pitch Black was cool and the trailer looks cool so yeah.

Green Lanturn
3rd June 2004, 03:21 PM
1. If I could have any movie made from a comic/book/etc, id have a Yuyu Hakusho movie made. And I mean real life, not animation, heck, they got plenty of that already,lol.Yugioh would be cool too.

2. ~Harry Potter 3-I just like the books and so the movies are usually pretty good as well.
~the DBZ Real-life movie(supposed to be in production)- i know several magazines showed signs of this, including some actor possibilities, so it might be a good movie, if funimation doesnt screw it up.

~GL

homeofmew
3rd June 2004, 04:06 PM
1) If you could have a book/video game/comic/tv show/etc made into a movie, what would you choose?
Inuyasha Movie would be nice!

Pokémon Movie #7

Agent Elrond
3rd June 2004, 04:07 PM

I think the book "Hexwood", although it would be pretty impossible, would make one kickass movie if done right. The tagline could be: It's The Lord of the Rings meets The Matrix..... ...... and we're not kidding!

Seriously tho, "Eight Days of Luke" would be easier to adapt, and easier to follow, and it would be just as cool.

Well, "Howl's Moving Castle", that's the next movie from Hayao Miyazaki, oddly, it's adapted from the book "Howl's Moving Castle" by the same author who wrote "Hexwood" and "Eight Days of Luke". (Diana Wynne Jones.)

Other than that, I'm not to excited by any of the up-coming summer "Blockbusters". Or anything else, for that matter. I already saw Troy. (They didn't give Sean Bean enough screen time. Booo. :mad: )

phaedrus
3rd June 2004, 05:12 PM
1) If you could have a book/video game/comic/tv show/etc made into a movie, what would you choose? zelda, metroid

2) What movies are you looking forward to? none since lotr is done

Gothic Animé
5th June 2004, 11:07 PM
1. i'd definitely say zelda! ^^; is that game overdue for a movie or what?

2. series of unfortunate events!

Jay Umbreon
6th June 2004, 04:54 AM
1) I would have the anime 'Dragonball Z' turned into a REAL LIFE movie, with like, japanese martial arts masters. It would be set in Japan, and would be kinda crouching tiger hidden dragon style, but with mad hollywood style SFX.

2) I'm looking forward to DBZ if the rumours are true, and also, I'm looking forward to seeing Troy (cos I havn't had chance to see it yet) :).

~Jay

Neo-Xantios
6th June 2004, 06:31 AM
Ah, brilliant topic!

1) I would just love to see Blizzard's StarCraft on the big screen; one of the best sci-fi RTS games ever made, though it's quite old now.

I'd also like to see Terry Brooks' Voyage of the Jerle Shannara series in the theatres.

2) Now the only movies I'm looking forward to watching is His Dark Materials based on the trilogy by Philip Pullman, if it ever overcomes the storm of controversy and be released (As it is probably the most blasphemous work ever written). New Line has planned to release the first part, either The Golden Compass or His Dark Materials: Part One, by the end of 2005. A truly riveting trilogy, one that rivals The Lord of the Rings.

Leon-IH
6th June 2004, 07:28 AM
Warcraft Goddamnit, best game EVAR and should have a movie, seriously that series has put a company on the map.

Gothic Animé
6th June 2004, 09:47 AM
oh! are his dark materials and the golden compass trilogy the same? because i have read the latter, as well as the other two books in that series. if they made movies.....i'd die of happiness!

GreenShirT
6th June 2004, 09:58 AM

Hmm Let's see:
- The Centurions, most of you may not have heard of this but it was a kickass cartoon in the 80's and one of the best ever so the movie would rock! POWER EXTREME!
- Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, as above. RING OF MIGHT, MAGIC MIGHT!
- I think Diablo would make a good film if done by someone like Tim Burton.
- Naruto should so be made into a film, maybe not live action but a film would be good! COME TO ME MY RAMEN!!

Well, AVP, iRobot, Chronicles of Riddick, Alien 5, The Bourne Supremecy(Sequel to The Bourne Identity), Hellboy, DBZ live action, Spiderman 2 of course and I can't remember any other right now so yeah, those.

Red Angel
6th June 2004, 11:04 AM

Hmmm... I think Noir (anime series) would make a nice movie... and perhaps The Hobbit.

That live-action Evangelion movie hey've been teasing us with. Where the heck is it?

Indecent Exposure
6th June 2004, 01:11 PM
1. Not sure really. I'd like to see Warcraft made into a movie, but only if they didn't get a dumb company pushing for them to make it LotR like to please the mainstream. I'd also still like to see a FF7 movie, of the actual game though.

2. I'm looking forward to Spiderman 2, enjoyed the first and with Doc Oc', I can see the second being good. Also looking forward to watching Jurassic Park III again on Wednesday :) As long as the TV people don't rape it of all the good bits like they did with I & II... That and I want to watch Battle Royale again, pity they're showing it at 2:35am, idiots. Can't think of any other cinema releases I'm looking forward to though...

Metallix
6th June 2004, 09:12 PM
1) Tetris. I want to see how they would handle THAT one. XD

2) Battle Royale 2: Requeim. I love Battle Royale, so it's only natural that I would want to see the sequel (Even though I've heard it's not as good)

Neo-Xantios
7th June 2004, 04:29 AM
oh! are his dark materials and the golden compass trilogy the same? because i have read the latter, as well as the other two books in that series. if they made movies.....i'd die of happiness!

Yes indeed, sir, The Golden Compass is the name of the first book of Pullman's trilogy. New Line has planned its release and Sir Tom Stoppard has written a screenplay for the first book. However, they haven't begun working on it and from my perception there is a possibility they'll cancel the project from all the controversy about how blasphemous it is. Hopefully, they'll get it out by the end of next year.

Ah yes, I left out a good game that deserves a place in theatres: Golden Sun :lol:

darktyranitar
7th June 2004, 05:49 AM
Inuyasha Movie would be nice!

I was about to say that... :s:

1) I would like to see Breath of Fire into a movie, or maybe Earthbound...

2)Spiderman 2, Harry Potter 3, DBZ live action...I can't think of anything else...

*Note: I read in a magazine that DBZ live action movie will be released in 2005, but the exact date is not described*

Sheik
7th June 2004, 09:16 AM
I think it would be pretty cool to have a movie made after Final Fantasy X. That game is awesome (the in-game movies are even better). I think it would be great to have a movie that uses the same graphics as that game, as well.

I want to see Troy, Shrek 2, Spiderman 2, Van Helsing, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Garfield Movie, and that's all I can thank of right now.