PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] Primeape

Pig on the Wing
3rd June 2004, 03:46 PM
I've chosen to use a Primape, so any suggestions?

So far, mine has:

Primape ~ Chimp (Chimp the Champ doesn't fit on the game :()
Substitute <> Rock Slide <> Body Slam/Mega Kick <> Submission

and it's fighting alongside:
Blastoise <> Poliwhirl <> Snorlax <> Flareon <> Pidgeot

suggestions please?

Charizard04621
3rd June 2004, 05:07 PM
Mega Kick is sick. It has 8 maximum pp and its accuracy is disgusting. Rock Slide sucks in RBY, firstly because its power is nothing worth noticing and secondly because (I found this out the hard way) Rock Slide does not cause flinching in RBY. I'm not sure what to put on a Primeape but you could try Seismic Toss over Rock Slide or something. Body Slam would be a good thing to have. I'd recommend Screech but I don't like its accuracy and the fact that Primeape has little staying power to pull it off properly.

If you're planning to beat tough players with that team, I suggest you dump it and get a new one. Otherwise... *shrug* Whatever floats your boat.

The Muffin Man
3rd June 2004, 07:48 PM
Mega Kick is sick. It has 8 maximum pp and its accuracy is disgusting. Rock Slide sucks in RBY, firstly because its power is nothing worth noticing and secondly because (I found this out the hard way) Rock Slide does not cause flinching in RBY.

And everyone thought "Oh only Rock-types learn it so of course it won't flinch"

Are you sure you made ABSOLUTELY SURE that you got EVERY attack first? I've seen it Flinch before. In RBY.

I'm not sure what to put on a Primeape but you could try Seismic Toss over Rock Slide or something. Body Slam would be a good thing to have. I'd recommend Screech but I don't like its accuracy and the fact that Primeape has little staying power to pull it off properly.

If you're planning to beat tough players with that team, I suggest you dump it and get a new one. Otherwise... *shrug* Whatever floats your boat.

Charizard04621
3rd June 2004, 09:00 PM
Consult Azureheights. They're experts on RBY. Or, go talk to the RBYBot people. There is no flinch for Rock Slide in RBY. Perhaps Stadium has flinching?

The Muffin Man
4th June 2004, 01:43 PM
Consult Azureheights. They're experts on RBY. Or, go talk to the RBYBot people. There is no flinch for Rock Slide in RBY. Perhaps Stadium has flinching?

I'm almost 100% positive it was RBY.

Besides, Azureheights might have missed it during testing?

gomez
4th June 2004, 02:25 PM
I faintly remember my Nidoking getting a flinch with Rock Slide when I was using a poison team for the monotype challenge. Before that, I was having my doubts about RS ever flinching. It had never happened before. I too am 100% positive, I think.

About Primeape:
in-game: Body Slam, Rock Slide/Seismic Toss, Low Kick (flinches)/Submission, Hyper Beam

Even if RS doesn't flinch, it is still a decent powered move for his above average attack. On the fighting move, its up to you if you want low power with a nice side effect or higher power with recoil.

RBYbot stuff:
Add Focus Energy to BS, RS, HB

That set used to work decent for me. The only thing that blows are his defenses, but its all good.