PDA

View Full Version : Legacy of Gali

Mystic_clown
4th June 2004, 11:32 PM
This is a cross-over fanfic so expect to see characters from various animes.

Legacy of Gali

Prologue

Thick, black smoke bellowed into the sky as the small village was enveloped in flames. A small boy was running through the inferno, a large sword in his hands. Over the sound of burning wood, he could here laughter. Cruel, unforgiving laughter. Through the flames, a second boy could be seen. He was around the first boy’s height. He too was carrying a large sword and wore a psychotic smile on his face.
“Why Gail?” the first child cried, tears running down his eyes, “Why are you doing this?” The boy only replied with more laughter, staring at him if evil, green eyes.

Chapter 1: A New Member

Gali Virgo groaned as he opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was his alarm clock. Gali yawned as he sat up and with one swing, knocked the clock into a nearby bin. Gali threw the covers aside and he climbed out of bed. He was already wearing a white shirt and faded jeans. He walked over to his closet and pulled out a black leather jacket. He slipped on some boots, his jacket and a black glove on his right hand. Brushing his hair out of his eyes, Gali walked out of his room, the doors sliding open as he walked through and into the halls of his ship, the Shapeshifter. The hum of the ship’s engine could be heard as he walked down towards the living room, brushing his hand along the pipes that traveled along the wall. Gali was around 19 years old. He had blue eyes and had long, messy, purple hair. Rubbing his eyes and yawning one more time, Gali walked through the door into the room. He blinked twice at what he saw. In front of him were two guys. One had short, red hair and brown eyes. He wore a green waistcoat, baggy brown pants, gray gloves and black boots. He had a monkey tail, which was sliding back and forth like a snake. The second guy had long, neat green hair and hazel eyes. He wore a red shirt and red, baggy pants, which were covered in multi colored patches. He had white gloves, sneakers and a red French burette. Sitting in between them was a young woman tied to a chair. She had shoulder-length, black hair and blue eyes. She wore a white dress with yellow trim and red high-heel shoes.
“What’s this all about Tio?” Gali asked. The red haired guy stood up, walked up to Gali and shoved a piece of paper in his face.
“Read,” he said. Gali took the paper and read it.
“This is the latest list of the criminal bounties on people’s heads,” Gali said, “It seems that Ryoko’s still first and Vash’s is still second place.”
“Look where we are,” Tio said. Gali looked.
“We’re 20th.”
“Exactly! And everybody knows the higher your bounty is, the more famous you are. We need to get our bounty up and quick!”
“So,” the second guy said, “Tio got the idea of kidnapping this girl and holding her for ransom.” Gali slapped his forehead.
“Tio. Copycat.” Gali groaned, “If you’re going to kidnap someone, (a) They’ve got to be a celebrity or something and (b) You need people to actually see you kidnapping her, which I bet you didn’t do.” Tio and Copycat slapped their foreheads. Gali walked up to the girl and proceeded to untie her.
“I’m sorry about my friends’ behavior,” Gali said, helping her up from the chair, “We’re bandits you see and Tio is obsessed with becoming famous.”
“I figured that out,” The girl said, “Now who are you guys?” Gali brushed his hair back.
“Well,” he said, “I’m Gali Virgo.”
“I’m Tio Nova.” Tio said, stepping forward.
“And I’m Copycat,” Copycat said, standing up.
“And you are?” Gali asked, extending his hand.
“I’m Sarah Roper,” the girl replied, taking Gali’s hand. Gali smiled.
“Once again, I’m sorry about my friends,” Gali said, “I just hope there’s some way to show our apologies.”
“How ‘bout we buy her a drink on Tyranose?” Tio suggested.
“That’s a great idea,” Gali said, high-fiving Tio.
“No that’s okay,” Sarah replied, “Just take me home.”
“No, I insist. It’s the least we can do.”

Fifteen minutes later…

“Are we there yet?”
“No.”
“Are we there yet?”
“No.”
“Are we there yet?”
“No!”
“Are we there yet?”
“NO!”
“Are we there…”
“IF YOU SAY THAT ONE MORE TIME, I’LL THROW YOU OUT THROUGH THE AIR LOCK!!!” Tio went quiet as Gali settled back down in his chair. Copycat was in the ship’s cockpit and the other two bandits and their “hostage” were lying around bored out of their minds. The living room had three sofas surrounding a small coffee table and a screen on the far end of the room. Tio groaned.
“How long does it take to get to Tyranose!?” he growled.
“Quit your complaining,” Gali said, “We should be there in a few minutes. The screen then flickered to life and Copycat’s face appeared.
“Lady and Gentle bandits, we are about to land in Tyranose. So please keep you seat belts fastened and hold on because the landing gear is on the frits!”
“Quit joking around,” Gali said. The three were silent for a few seconds, until what Copycat said finally sunk in.
“WHAT DO YA MEAN THE LANDING GEAR’S ON THE FRITS!?!?”
BANG!!
The three were sent flying across the room as the Shapeshifter slammed into the surface of Tyranose.
“Remind me to get that landing gear fixed,” Gali said, getting to his feet.
“Remind me to kill Copycat,” Tio replied, pushing the table off of him. Gali, Tio and Sarah got to their feet and staggered out into the hall, still shaken up by the landing. As they exited the ship, Copycat was already standing outside, rubbing the back of his head.
“I guess I should get that fixed while we’re here huh?” Copycat said sheepishly.
“I really think that’s a good idea,” Gali replied, trying to stop Tio from tearing Copycat apart. Copycat ran off and the other two bandits led Sarah through the streets. Gali and Tio seemed comfortable with their surroundings, but Sarah seemed a bit distracted with all the shady looking characters that filled the streets.
“Does everyone hear look like criminals here?” Sarah asked. Gali laughed.
“Everyone here doesn’t LOOK like criminals, they ARE criminals. Every man and woman on Tyranose is an outlaw.”
“You brought me to an asteroid full of criminals!”
“Relax,” Tio said, “They wont bother you, since we’re with you.” The three walked up to a bar.
“Here we are,” Gali said.
“But this is a bar,” Sarah said, “as in, they only sell alcohol. And we’re all only minors!” What Sarah said was true. Gali was nineteen, Tio was eighteen and Sarah was also eighteen.
“I told you before. This is an asteroid without law. There’s no age limit.”

The three entered the bar and sat down. The bartender walked up to them. He had black, slicked back hair and had an oily smile on his face.
“Gali, Tio,” he said, “It’s good to see you again. I’m guessing Copycat’s off buying new parts?”
“He’s off replacing the landing gear,” Tio replied, “I’ll have a beer thanks.”
“Make that two,” Gali said.
“I’ll have a glass of water thanks.” Sarah said.
“And who are you?” the bartender asked, giving her a suspicious look.
“She’s a friend of mine,” Gali said, “I offered to buy her a drink.” The bartender laughed.
“Trying to get yourself a girlfriend huh?” the bartender asked, “good for you. Hey listen, did you guys see the new bounty ratings.”
“We read them,” Tio replied, “and once we drop Sarah off, we’re off to get our bounties up.”
“Well have I got news for you. I’ve heard that there’s a convoy carrying a loud of black diamonds.” Gali and Tio put their drinks down.
“Black diamonds?” Tio asked.
“As in, one of the rarest type of gemstone in the universe?” Gali asked. The bartender nodded.
“Well what are you waiting for!?” Tio shouted, grabbing the bartender by the collar and pulling him close, “Who’s delivering it!?”
“Some rich guy,” the bartender replied.
“I mean the crew working on the convoy?”
“Well, The convoys going to be on the planet sandstorm, so the crew’s most likely going to be a bunch of muscular, dateless, sweaty guys.” Tio let the bartender go and looked over at Sarah. A wicked smile appeared on his face.
“Sarah,” Tio asked in a sweet voice, “could you do a favor for us?” Gali figured out what he was going to ask.”
“We’re not having her help us steal those diamonds!” Gali growled, “We’re getting them ourselves!”
“Come on Gali!” Tio whined, “You heard what Mac said. Sarah would be the perfect diversion for those knuckleheads!” Tio looked pleadingly at Sarah.
“You’ll help us wont you?”
‘you don’t have to,” Gali added. Sarah looked at Gali, then at Tio, then back at Gali.
“You’re not going to stop till I agree right?” Sarah asked. Tio nodded, grinning broadly.
“Then I’ll do it.” Tio cheered as he leaped from his chair.
“Let’s get Copycat and then head back to the Shapeshifter!” Tio cheered, happily, “We’re going on a diamond hunt!”

Next: Chapter 2: Black Diamonds
With Sarah aiding them, Gali and his friends head to Sandstorm to try and swipe the precious black diamonds. But is that all they’ll find?

Mystic_clown
8th June 2004, 08:57 PM
Chapter 2: Black Diamonds

Back on the Shapeshifter, Gali and Tio were sitting in the living room, looking over a map, which was supposed to show the path the convoy was meant to be taking. Copycat had put the ship on autopilot and was in another room, getting Sarah “changed”.
“So you know what we’re gonna do?” Gali asked. Tio just nodded. The door to the living room slid open and Copycat walked in.
“I present to you,” Copycat said, “Sarah Roper!” Sarah walked in, but, she didn’t look like Sarah. She was no wearing a blonde wig with golden curls, make-up, a blue and white dress, blue high-heeled shoes and white gloves. Sarah began to blush as the two bandits stared at her.
“So what do you think?” Copycat asked with a triumphant smile on his face, “Am I a genius or what?”
“I barely even recognized her for a second,” Gali said, standing up, “Nice work Copycat.”
“I like the outfit,” Sarah said, putting her hand on her chest, “but are these really necessary?”
“We had to make you look older and more attractive, “Copycat replied, “and you know what most men look at.”
“He’s right you know,” Tio said.
“Men are such pigs,” Sarah muttered under her breath.
“If we’re done,” Gali interrupted, “I’d like to explain the plan to you.” Sarah and Copycat sat around the table as Gali pointed to the map.
“This is where the convoy’s heading,” he said, “and they’re going to be passing through this small canyon here. Now Sarah, we need you to sit beside the road and act as if you need help.” Sarah nodded.
“I can do that,” she replied. Gali then looked over at Copycat.
“Now Copycat. Tio and I will be hiding above the canyon, waiting to jump them. When Sarah gets the crew’s attention, you go to the front and sabotage it, making sure they can’t escape.” Copycat nodded.
“Once that’s done, Sarah will need to give us some form of signal.”
“I could kiss one on the cheek,” Sarah suggested.
“Good idea. Now when she gives us the signal, Tio, Copycat and I will attack the convoy, grab the black diamonds and retreat to the Shapeshifter which will be landed here.” Gali pointed a few metres away from the canyon.
“And one more thing,” Gali added, “Aim to wound only. Don’t kill any of them unless you have to.”
“We know,” Tio replied, “We’re not murderers.”

30 minutes later…

Gali, Tio and Copycat were hiding behind some rocks above the canyon, watching as Sarah got in position. She threw some dirt onto her to make herself look like she’s in trouble.
“Here comes the convoy,” Gali told Sarah through his radio, “Its show time.” Sarah couldn’t reply since she was only wearing an earpiece. The convoy entered the canyon, its crew walking alongside, armed and ready to defend the cargo.
“They’re armed with plasma rifles,” Tio told Gali through his earpiece, “nothing we can’t hand.” Gali smiled as he got his guns and sword ready. As the convoy approached Sarah’s position, she began to act all injured and in trouble. Just as Gali planned, the convoy halted and the crew came to help Sarah.
“She’s got their attention, “Gali whispered into his radio, “Get to work Copycat!” Gali watched as Copycat climbed down the cliff and ran to the front of the convoy. Gali then turned back to Sarah, who was talking to the crew. He couldn’t hear what they were saying, but he could tell that Sarah had no problem keeping the crew occupied.

Copycat had just finished sabotaging the convoy. He pulled out his twin Uzi’s and his radio.
“This thing ain’t going anywhere,” Copycat whispered to Sarah, “time for the signal.” Sarah heard him load and clear and gave one of the crew a big kiss on the cheek.

“That’s the signal!” Tio said the Gali on his radio, “Time to rock this convoy!”
“Right,” Gali replied as he stood up and aimed one of his guns at the center carriage of the convoy. A red aura surrounded the barrel of the gun. A wicked smile spread across Gali’s face.
“HELL SHOT!” He cried as he fired. A blast of red energy shot from Gali’s gun and nailed the carriage dead on, sending the thing tipping onto its side. The crew jumped back in surprise.
“Let’s go!” Gali called to Tio as he leaped down into the canyon. Tio followed him, his bazooka in his hands and two hunting knives by his sides. The crew drew their rifle and began to fire back. Gali and Tio took cover behind the toppled carriage and began to return fire. Copycat, who was at the front of the convoy during all this leaped out and began firing on the crew, aiming to disarm them. Tio fired at the crew, aiming at the ground to make sure he didn’t kill any of them, only to send them flying back.
“You keep them busy!” Gali ordered Tio, “I’m going after the diamonds!” Gali withdrew his guns and drew his sword. A red aura surrounded the blade and glowing, red runes appeared on the blade.
“RUNE BLADE!” Gali cried as he slashed at the carriage. The sword sliced through the metal carriage like a hot knife through butter, as Gali hacked a hole into. Gali then climbed, only to climb out a few seconds later, holding a large brown back.
“I’ve got the diamonds!” Gali called. Suddenly, Gali was sent flying into the canyon wall. Tio looked over to see a man holding a large cannon-like weapon.
“They’ve got a Sonic Cannon!?” Tio cried. The man looked at Tio and took aim.
“Oh no you don’t!” Sarah tackled the man to the ground, forcing him to drop the cannon. Copycat ran up to the group.
“What’s going on?” Copycat called.
“We’ve got the diamonds!” Tio answered, “But Gali’s injured. Let’s get outta here!” Copycat grabbed the bag as Tio helped Gali to his feet.
“Let’s get back to the Shapeshifter,” Gali groaned. The three bandits and Sarah proceeded to climb up the canyon as fast as they can, firing back at the remaining armed crewmembers. The four reached the top and ran like mad.

Ten minutes later…

“OW!!” Gali cried in pain.
“Oh don’t be such as baby,” Sarah replied, finishing wrapping the bandage around his abdomen. Copycat was in the cockpit and Tio was counting the black diamonds they stole.
“47, 48, 49, 50! Fifty black diamonds! We’re rich!” Tio began jumping for joy. Gali just laughed.
“So,” he asked Sarah, “How do you feel after being involved in a big heist? Sarah stared at Gali.
“Well,” she replied, “I feel excited. My heart’s beating at a mile an our, yet I’m not scared.” Gali chuckled.
“You get used to the feeling the more you steal.” The screen then lit up and Copycat’s face appeared.
“Uh guys…” he said in a nervous voice, “You might want to look at this.” The screen the changed to show what appeared to be smoke rising up from a town just a few miles ahead. Tio stopped jumping around and stared at the screen.
“What happened there?” Tio asked. Copycat’s face reappeared on the screen.
“I don’t know,” He answered, shrugging.
“Well then,” Gali said, getting to his feet, “We’re going to find out.”

5 minutes later…

The group had landed the Shapeshifter and were walking around the town, or what was left of it. The town was in burnt ruin and men, women and children were lying around the place, dead. There were some that were still alive, but were badly wounded.
“Such destruction,” Sarah said softly, almost in tears.
“Who could have done such a horrible thing?” Gali growled, clenching his hands into fists. There was a loud groan and group looked to see an old man who was still alive, injured, but alive.
“Are you okay?” Sarah asked, kneeling down beside him.
“Thos eyes…” the man said, staring into space, “Those evil green eyes.”
“Who did this?” Gali asked urgently, kneeling down on the other side of him. The man’s eyes turned to meet Gali’s face. His eyes widened and he began to freak out.
“IT’S YOU!!” the man screamed, pointing at Gali, “YOU LOOK JUST LIKE HIM!! THE EYES AND HAIR ARE DIFFERENT, BUT YOU LOOK JUST LIKE HIM!!” Gali shot to his feet, a horrified expression on his face. The others stared at him.
“Gali, “Tio asked, “What is he talking about?”

Next: Chapter 3:The Bandit and the Sorcerer
Still wondering who attacked the town, Gali and his friends are forced to land on another planet to find some supplies. But just as Gali makes a new friend, disaster strikes.