PDA

View Full Version : [Poll] - Spirits, Ghosts and Jane.

Jay Umbreon
6th June 2004, 05:18 AM
Hey, I'm from England, and I watched this live seance that a showman called 'Derren Brown' performed last Monday live on T.V. - Basically, he got a bunch of students and told them of this ex-student 'Jane' who he said died tradgically in a mass suicide pact. He then got them to do a ouija board and sit in a dark room, trying to make contact with Jane. The students indeed thought that they made contact with this 'Jane' and Derren asked the student-medium details about Jane - all of which she got correct. But then, Derren stepped outside and showed the camera's that Jane was infact still alive (he previously showed the students a photo of her before her 'death'). I think he proved that by use of psychology and manipulation of susceptible subjects, he could plant the idea that there was a spirit contacting them and even drop subconscious hints about the details of 'Jane' (such as where she was from). (www.derrenbrown.co.uk)

I'm curious..

--------------

1. Do you believe in spirits or the spirit world? if so, why so? if not, why not?

2. What are your opinions on 'mediums' (people who claim they can contact spirits of people who have passed away)?

3. Have you ever seen a ghost or made contact with a spirit? if so, give details.

4. If you had the chance to talk to ANY dead person, who would you talk to? what would you say/ask?

5. Have you ever done a Ouija Board? would you be willing to?

--------------

If any of you guys are further interested in this topic, get in touch with me! contact details are in my sig.

Thanks, kids. 'Tis all.

~Jay

PancaKe
6th June 2004, 05:44 AM
1. There's spirits. But not the spirits like, my great aunty died so her spirit is still with us. The Lord's holy spirit is always with us :) and there's just too much proof to deny that. Thats' why i believe it.

2. I think that 'mediums' are wasting their time. Why do we need the advice of dead people to help those who are alive?

3. I'm always with the Holy Spirit.

4. Wouldn't be bothered to talk to dead people. :)

5. Nah I wouldn't want to try an Ouija board. Too much messing around with dangerous things. demons n stuff.

(didnt mean to be a bit strong Chrsitianated on this post. soz if i offend anyone)

**PancaKe||

Leon-IH
6th June 2004, 07:38 AM
1. Do you believe in spirits or the spirit world? if so, why so? if not, why not?
~ no, Spirits are lies created by the weakness of humankind to justify thier actions.

2. What are your opinions on 'mediums'
~ if i met a medium, i would punch them in the face until they got some sense

3. Have you ever seen a ghost or made contact with a spirit? if so, give details.
~ no.

4. If you had the chance to talk to ANY dead person, who would you talk to? what would you say/ask?
~ i suppose i'd talk to my grandpa, dont know anyone else dead.

~ No, and NO.

Little_Pikachu
6th June 2004, 08:13 AM
Heh, we played that thing on TV too :)

I guess so. Far to many weird things happen to all put down to scientific explanations.

2. What are your opinions on 'mediums' (people who claim they can contact spirits of people who have passed away)?
I don't really believe they can do what hey claim.

I've seen some pretty weird stuff, I wouldn't like to make contact though, they'd probably just tell me to get lost.

I don't have anything I'd particularly like to ask anyone, so I'd use this chance to find out something for someone else :)

We tried to do it with the TV show, the glass was moving, then we realised we had too much weight on one side of the bed and the board was just tilting slightly :)

Agent Elrond
6th June 2004, 09:16 AM

That's a kind of tricky question. See, I like creating fantasy worlds, where, obviously, spirits and ghosts etc. are very much real, so I have to render them in a way that I find believable, so far as supernatural things can be so. In this world, however, I don't think they're "real" so far as trees and dogs are, but on a more subconcious level that's different for everyone.

I think they're the spookiest con ever.

Not to my knowledge, no.

John Lennon. I'd ask him where the idea for I am the Walrus came from. >.>

WTF is an Ouija Board? Is it something you eat?

phaedrus
6th June 2004, 10:14 AM
1. Do you believe in spirits or the spirit world? if so, why so? if not, why not? ya. i'm buddhist, and b/c of my grandparents deaths, i think they passed on, and they're waiting for us somewhere on some ethereal plane

2. What are your opinions on 'mediums' (people who claim they can contact spirits of people who have passed away)? hobos

3. Have you ever seen a ghost or made contact with a spirit? if so, give details. movies.

4. If you had the chance to talk to ANY dead person, who would you talk to? what would you say/ask? grandparents. hows life over there?

5. Have you ever done a Ouija Board? would you be willing to? refer to #2.

Syberia
6th June 2004, 12:39 PM
Well, I believe in heaven and hell. That's about it. No ghosts or vampires or anything like that.

What are they smoking and where can I get some?

Yeah, there I was just mindin' my own business and all of the sudden my bro comes in wearing a white bed sheet and possesses my soul. He's still got it I think.

( In other words, :no: )

You can't talk to dead people.

Only to laugh at the people who think it's real.

Indecent Exposure
6th June 2004, 04:34 PM
No I don't believe in all that mumbo jumbo (look at that, I said mumbo jumbo in a post).

They're either con-artists or are so convinced by what they think exists, they actually think they can contact these spirits.

Yes, I see 'em all the time. Please note the obvious sarcasm.

Ummm, I don't know. I really don't see why i'd want to talk to somebody dead, not at this point in my life at least.

No, but it looks fun. Especially if you get some people who are quite likely to believe it...

Woo woo, can I get in touch with you? Or you get in touch with me! Either way Jay, it's been a while, let's talkie.

Syberia
6th June 2004, 07:53 PM
Why don't you try talking to his spirit, Todd? :wave:

Gothic Animé
6th June 2004, 08:06 PM
1. well, i believe in an afterlife, in heaven or hell, but no, not a spirit world or ghosts.
2. um...it's a way to make money, though i'm not quite sure i believe it.
3. see indecent exposure's post for my answer. ^^;
4. right now, i have no idea. i haven't really known anyone close to me that died, or really anyone at all for that matter.
5. um, no, never used one. but hey, it might be fun, so sure, i'd try it.

a ouija (pronounced wee'jee) board is a little thing with letters, and you place your hand on this little thing, and it (supposedly) moves to different letter to spell things, and these things are the spirits communicating with you. (once again, supposedly)