PDA

View Full Version : Duel Masters

Yoh Asakura
6th June 2004, 09:56 AM
Anybody here play it besides me? Just wondering if it's worth me posting any decks from the game for fixes/rates.

If you do play it what's your fav type of deck?

Razola
6th June 2004, 10:24 AM
I already play Magic, and I'm not going to spend cash on a dumbed-down version any time soon.

Tyranitar#248
6th June 2004, 04:47 PM
I already play Magic, and I'm not going to spend cash on a dumbed-down version any time soon.

Agreed.

A few people here played for a little bit, then it just kinda died its sweet sweet death, no need for yet ANOTHER game here. Luckily it never took off here and never will.

Red Angel
6th June 2004, 10:14 PM
I can't afford non-apprentice Magic, and I don't have cash to spend on a dumbed-down version any time soon.

SWAMPERT1
6th June 2004, 11:11 PM
I dont currently play because my local card shop dosn't sell the cards but I would like to learn and play uncompetitivly.

Water Pokemon Master
6th June 2004, 11:23 PM
You guys, please don't bash any TCGs. YY simply asked if anyone played it. I know I would not appreciate it if I went to a TCG forum and asked people if they played Pokemon, and gotten people calling it a "dumbed-down version" of anything.

No, I do not play it. I watch the Anime show though. :D

Red Angel
7th June 2004, 12:34 AM
You guys, please don't bash any TCGs. YY simply asked if anyone played it. I know I would not appreciate it if I went to a TCG forum and asked people if they played Pokemon, and gotten people calling it a "dumbed-down version" of anything.

What Raz (and me, since I essentially quoted his post) are doing isn't bashing the game; it's just saying the truth. If you look at Magic's play mechanics and then look at Duel Masters, you notince that DM has many of the same elements, but they're significantly simpler. If you like, I'll avoid saying it's "dumbed down" and call it "less complex". Better?

Razola
7th June 2004, 12:47 AM
Duel Masters IS a dumbed-down version. People constantly confuse it with a "rip-off" when in fact it's basically Wizard's version of "Magic Jr." You have the equivalent of lands cards, only ALL of your cards can be lands. You also have the concept of colors, only casting costs are generally splashable. The concept of life is here via Shield Cards. Creatures also can tap.

JohnCena84
14th June 2004, 01:50 PM
I play a little duel masters. I say a little cause hardly anyone plays it at my local card shop. I run a light fire civ deck and it kicks a lot of tail. I made a strictly water deck and gave it to a girl I like that goes to the card shop but I guess she didn't want to play......oh well. If you want Yoh I can PM you my deck or you could PM me yours.