PDA

View Full Version : Gameshark

Lugia's_Master
6th June 2004, 06:26 PM
I haven't been in for a while due to a huge computer crash. ah well all better now. anyway i read a questiony thready thing way back when saying you couldn't use sharked pokemon on colloseum. is this true?

not applicable to me but it is for one of my friends. what is applicable to me is i borrowed his shark to get some TMs and max EVs/DVs/IVs (err... the one which is out of 32 not 256ish). will i still be able to use my sapphire on colloseum?

HavoX
6th June 2004, 06:34 PM
I haven't been in for a while due to a huge computer crash. ah well all better now. anyway i read a questiony thready thing way back when saying you couldn't use sharked pokemon on colloseum. is this true?

yes

not applicable to me but it is for one of my friends. what is applicable to me is i borrowed his shark to get some TMs and max EVs/DVs/IVs (err... the one which is out of 32 not 256ish). will i still be able to use my sapphire on colloseum?

tell your friend the answer is NO

Pokémon will not be able to compete in Colosseum if they have been illegally enhanced with the GameShark or any other game enhancer

Number1ChanseyFan
6th June 2004, 06:35 PM
You can use sharked Pokémon on Colosseum, but you have to use sharked Pokémon that could have been obtained legally through your games. Colosseum will not let you use sharked Pokémon if you have Pokémon with illegal stats, like one with more than a total of 510 for their EVs, or if you use Pokémon that you can not obtain legally yet. For example, you could not use a Deoxys yet in Colosseum. Deoxys is available on Fire Red/Leaf Green, but it requires the use of an Aurora Ticket, which is unavailable, it may be given away at future promotions though. Anyways, if you were to use a Gameshark to get a Deoxys, Colosseum would not let you use it, because it would "check" your Ruby/Sapphire game, and see that there was no way that you could have obtained Deoxys legally. The same thing would happen if you created a Deoxys with a Gameshark on a Fire Red/Leaf Green game. If you did not get an Aurora Ticket, and go and catch Deoxys legitimately, then you would not be allowed to use Deoxys on Colosseum, because Colosseum would check to see if you unlocked the necessary event for catching Deoxys, and it would find out that you did not unlock the event, so the Deoxys could not be used.

Lugia's_Master
6th June 2004, 06:35 PM
thanks for replies - if i have a legitimately caught pokemon with legitimate evs and dvs BUT i used a sharked TM on it could i use it?

Number1ChanseyFan
6th June 2004, 06:42 PM
I think that you should be able to use it, as long as you are not using the Gameshark to give the Pokémon a TM move that it could not normally learn.

Amethyst Flygon
6th June 2004, 06:59 PM
As I understand it, you are able to use stuff as long as it has legal stats. When it comes to the unattainable pokemon, the gamecube does a search for some sort of identification on them. There's some sort of flag in the data. Some codes have the flag already in it, and the gamecube recognizes it and accepts it. Most of the codes are not accepted, though.

Poryhedron
6th June 2004, 08:09 PM
Does it check where you caught the pokémon? For example, something I do occasionally is use Game Shark to catch a pokémon in Route 101 that I could legally catch late in the game, but want sooner. This usually involves HMers; Xatu and Tropius make good HMers, or would if you could get them earlier. I may also do it for single-type parties if the pickings are awfully sparce early in the game, such as when I did a Dragon party and Sharked Bagon and Horsea into Route 101. Would these pokémon be allowed?

Joshua Neal
8th June 2004, 01:03 PM
Probably not Poryhedron because those Pokemon couldn't be caught from Route 101 unless you were on the appropriate Route to catch those Pokemon in the first place.

It's just a guess since I don't have a game shark for the GBA at all.

Lugia's_Master
8th June 2004, 04:45 PM
i would guess though that if you bred the pokemon as soon as you reach the day-care centre that pokemon would be fine for use in colloseum.

this is a guess tho

Water Pokemon Master
8th June 2004, 05:05 PM
I believe that if you catch the Pokemon on the correct route on Action Replay or Gameshark, Colosseum will allow you to use that Pokemon. I think that Colosseum just checks to see where you caught the Pokemon. For example, if you catch a Feebas in the middle of the desert and not on the route where it normally is, it will detect that and not let you use it. If you Shark it and go on to the correct route and find it then capture it, Colosseum will think you caught it normally.

Kari and Mewtwo
8th June 2004, 07:41 PM
Just to clear up something, ALL sharked pokemon can be used in colosseum as long as they abide by the EV cap that was placed in RS. The only exceptions to this rule are Mew and Deoxys, since they have an extra line of coding that colosseum checks for when you try to upload them. In deoxys's case, that extra line of coding tells you if it was obtained via the aurora ticket or not.

In laymans' terms, every other poke can be used, even if its unobtainable at this point in time. This includes the Legendary Birds and Mewtwo. Also note that colosseum WILL allow moves that pokemon can obtain through Fr/Lg, so colosseum will not penalize you for using Swords Dance on a Groudon.

EDIT: Its not proven yet whether or not colosseum checks for the legality of the pokemon's catch location, but there is a way around this if youre using XYZman's Pokemon calculator. Simply input both the visible and nonvisible ID numbers as random numbers, and set the catch location as "Obtained in a Trade". It works for me, that much I'll tell you.

drizzt
15th June 2004, 09:47 AM
So does that mean if you sharked Mew into your game colosseum you coudnt use it.

Number1ChanseyFan
15th June 2004, 09:54 AM
So does that mean if you sharked Mew into your game colosseum you coudnt use it.

That is right, you will not be able to use Mew in Pokémon Colosseum. When you try to trade Mew to Colosseum, it will check to see if you obtained Mew legally. Since there is no way that you could have obtained Mew legally, Colosseum will not allow you to use Mew.

Kari and Mewtwo
15th June 2004, 03:35 PM
Apparently, now there is a way to use a sharked Mew/Deoxys on colosseum, but requires an extra line of code. You can find the new calc here:

http://www.boomspeed.com/kpdavatar/PokemonMakerV3x.html

Just be sure to check Obedient check box if youre trying to shark a Mew or a Deoxys, otherwise Colosseum wont let you use em.

Animelee
17th June 2004, 01:02 PM
I'm pretty sure location doesn't matter, since I used a hatched Groudon and Mewtwo in Colosseum. I also used a Plusle caught on Route 101, so I'm sure it only checks Deoxys and Mew. ^^ I'm not sure about Ho-oh and Lugia, since they can also be gotten through special means in Leaf/Fire, but I could check if anyone wants me to. :)

Jeikobu
17th June 2004, 07:12 PM
I've never tried Mew or Deoxys, but I know my Hitokage, Butterfree and Blackee got in fine even though you can't get them in R/S without a Gameshark.

Lugia's_Master
21st June 2004, 09:03 AM
have the people who have previously said cheated pokemon don't work actually tried them on colloseum or are they just guessing?

Number1ChanseyFan
21st June 2004, 11:23 AM
have the people who have previously said cheated pokemon don't work actually tried them on colloseum or are they just guessing?

Although I don't have a Gameshark, many people have tried sharking those Pokémon, and Colosseum wouldn't allow them to use them. So yes, it is confirmed that if you shark a Mew or Deoxys, you will not be able to use them on Colosseum. However, Kari & Mewtwo listed some info in this thread on how you can shark Mew and Deoxys that are Colosseum-compatible.

starjake
1st August 2005, 02:24 PM
A long time ago, when I first used the Pokemaker, there was a guide on how to use it that involved Hex Workshop. It was a little complicated, but easy if you followed the directions. Unfortunately, I can't find that guide anymore, and without hex Maker, the pokes I create won't obey me, even though I have the "Obedient?" box checked. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and (better yet) do they know where this guide might exist?