PDA

View Full Version : darktyranitar Pokemon TCG report #4

darktyranitar
7th June 2004, 03:12 AM
Since Pokebeach started to show scans of the card from Ex Hidden Legend, I think I'll start on one of card that was scanned: Shiftry.

Shiftry (EX Hidden Legends) (http://pokebeach.topcities.com/scans/exlegends/scans/temp/014.jpg)

Stats:
110 HP
(D)
Stage 2
Evolve from Nuzleaf
Weakness: (F)
Resistance: (P)
Retreat Cost: (CC)

Pre-Evolution Choice:
1) Seedot
The new Seedot from Ex Hidden Legend is the best to choose among the other two of Sandstorm set, as it’s attack can deal 20 damage with a lucky coin flip for 1(C) energy.
2) Nuzleaf
I haven’t seen the Ex Hidden Legend Nuzleaf…So, between the two Nuzleaf of Sandstorm set, I’d say the one with Razor Leaf is the best to choose from.

Attack:
(DC) Push Aside 30
Look at your opponent’s hand and choose 1 Basic Pokemon or Evolution card you find there. Your opponent’s puts it at the bottom of his or her deck.
A good attack for distrupting your opponent gameplay early in the game.
(CCC) Supernatural Power 40+
If you have the same number of cards in your hand as your opponent, this attack does 40 plus 40 more damage.
A pretty unpredictable attack, unless you really observe your opponent drawing and discarding card.

Combo:
1) Desert Shaman
This card will make both you and your opponent have 4 card in hand. Then, Supernatural Power away! :lol:
2) Absol (SS)
Bad News, 5 card in your opponent hand. Play your hand right so you will also have 5 card in your hand, then…Supernatural Power for 80 damage.

Card Art Rating in number 1-5: 4
Overall Rating: Like I said before, Shiftry is an unpredictable Pokemon. He’s just a fun Pokemon to play with, but not suitable for a competitive environment.
Overall Rating in number 1-5: 2

Roarkiller
8th June 2004, 09:01 AM
Unpredictable, but not related to chance in a moment, and thats a dangerous thing for a card. Chance i a moment meaning the factors arising to a situation occurs in a very short period of time, and in this case, both players can see whther the attack can work long before the user actually attacks, and thus can be prevented too easily.

So IMO it aint a good card at all. In fact, id say its sandstorm counterpart is a much better option.

Alec Trevelyan
8th June 2004, 11:55 AM
honestly this card wont stand in modified metagame... okay the combos are fine, but this card isnt thaaaat good, and 80 damage istn much these days in modified... and this would need 3 darkness to do big damage (110) combined w/ shaman... and i heard rumors that Expedition - aquapolis will fall, dunno when...

Water Pokemon Master
8th June 2004, 03:21 PM
Expedition, Aquapolis, AND Skyridge will all be dropped out of the format in September. You can say bye-bye to Shaman, Oracle, etc.

Alec Trevelyan
8th June 2004, 07:29 PM
until september will be anyother expansion? we need TRAINER CARDS! =/

Water Pokemon Master
8th June 2004, 09:47 PM
In August we will get EX FireRed and LeafGreen, which should have some good trainers.

Darktyranitar, your next TCG report should be on Steven's Advice. :)

Roarkiller
9th June 2004, 07:17 AM
Darktyranitar, your next TCG report should be on Steven's Advice. :)

Based on Steven's Advice, following WPM's Advice.

:P

Aaanyway, we do need reports on trainers. No matter how standard the trainer list is nowadays, it can always be a better list.