PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Do You Watch Wrestling?

Reborned-Dragon
7th June 2004, 03:30 PM
You can bet the Olsen twins's virginity I do.
NOTE: The Olsen twins have been banged up by Bob Saget since Full House back in the late 80's. Thank you.

kainashi
7th June 2004, 03:32 PM
nope. not for the last few years. has gotten too corny.

Amethyst Flygon
7th June 2004, 04:32 PM
I do not watch wrestling. Generally, I don't like much of TV anyways.

Yoh Asakura
7th June 2004, 04:36 PM
No, I actually have a life. I fail to see how grown men who pretend to fight and act like total morons entertainment.

Sorovis
7th June 2004, 04:40 PM
Not to offend anybody, but I agree almost totally with Asakura. It annoys me how poorly acted and scripted it is, and yet still manages to retain a following.

Number1ChanseyFan
7th June 2004, 04:40 PM
Nope, I don't watch wrestling. The only sport that I watch is baseball, (I am a huge Indians fan!!) and once in awhile I will watch the Cleveland Browns.

phaedrus
7th June 2004, 05:32 PM
wrestling sucks go pokemon battling

Agent Elrond
7th June 2004, 07:20 PM
Judo is cooler.

But as a rule I don't watch TV in the first place so....

Tainted
7th June 2004, 09:10 PM
No.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

PNT510
7th June 2004, 09:56 PM
No, I actually have a life. I fail to see how grown men who pretend to fight and act like total morons entertainment.

I don't hear anyone who goes to a play go "Yeah but Romeo didn't really kill himself at the end". So why should people complain about wrestling not being real?

And I do watch wrestling. I'm actually gonna be in the 7th row at Bad Blood this sunday.

abunaidesu
7th June 2004, 10:17 PM
wrestling sucks go pokemon battling

i agree with this chump

Dark-San
7th June 2004, 11:02 PM
Yes I watch wrestling. Looking forward to Bad Blood when HBK takes on Triple H in Hell in a Cell. Actually theres nothing boring about wrestling. It is just like a soap opera. And in case you doods are wondering too, I also watched soccer and will be watching Euro 2004 real closely~

Jay
8th June 2004, 02:49 AM
no i don't. all of it is fake anyway so i would probably occupy myself doing other things. besides my television don't work ;[;

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
8th June 2004, 07:18 AM
I used to love wrestling from the late 80s to mid 90s but then it just got less and less interesting. The fights took way too long, they stopped showing the rookie fights and focused on boring and endless low and mid card matches instead. And the wrestlers totally stopped having intersting gimmick and background stories. Especially the WWF screwed up in that regard, with characters like Duke "The Dumpster" Droese and Dr. Isaac Yankem. Can it get any more pathetic?

Yoh Asakura
8th June 2004, 01:05 PM
Yes I watch wrestling. Looking forward to Bad Blood when HBK takes on Triple H in Hell in a Cell. Actually theres nothing boring about wrestling. It is just like a soap opera. And in case you doods are wondering too, I also watched soccer and will be watching Euro 2004 real closely~

Ready to see England go out to France first round rotf.

Jay Umbreon
8th June 2004, 03:44 PM
I used to watch it when Tatanka, Papa Shango, British bulldog and Hitman heart etc. were in it, but then I got to the age of 10, realised it was all fake, and just got bored of it when they started introducing females, making it into more of a soap drama, and being so melodramatic it was plain painful. :dead:

~Jay

Indecent Exposure
8th June 2004, 04:46 PM
I still watch wrestling. And although I still watch most of the WWE stuff, I mainly watch RoH and TNA, less gimmick based stuff, more focused on the wrestling. Having said that, it' always nice to see a bit of WWE's unique soap opera style.

PNT510
8th June 2004, 09:02 PM
I still watch wrestling. And although I still watch most of the WWE stuff, I mainly watch RoH and TNA, less gimmick based stuff, more focused on the wrestling. Having said that, it' always nice to see a bit of WWE's unique soap opera style.
ROH is amazing. They put out a DVD of their first show and it's great. I hope they put out more.

Also I just got into TNA on friday with their new show impact. After I watched that I went out and downloaded a few of their PPVs. Amazing red and AJ Styles rock.

3PW is very cool too.

Metallix
8th June 2004, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I watch wrestling. Although to be honest, I haven't really been watching it too much lately. (Infact, the last thing I watched was Judgement Day, complete with Eddie's bloodiness.)

Gengachu
9th June 2004, 04:19 AM
Raw's one of the few shows that I watch each week. Yes I consider it a show, and saying it's fake is a dumb reason not to watch it. It's not a sport. They don't even call it a sport. It's like saying that any other show on t.v. is dumb because it's fictional. Wrestling's a show, not a sport. Get that through your heads.

Part of what I like about it is that at times(especially on Smackdown) it gets hilariosu(well the highlights are, I don't get UPN). Remember when Big Show threw Angle off the top of that thing(don't remember what it was. It was so horrible. Angle fell, but they didn't show it(my guess is, that there was net, and then they showed something that looked like a dummy on the ground. Or how about the time Kane "set J.R. on fire". Plus, even if the fights are fixed, they're still fun to watch.

Occasionally I'll watch Velocity or Heat. They don't have a storyline at all, so half of the fun is gone, but Velocity is a nice way for me to see what's happening on Smackdown, plus they show a lot of light weights which are always fun to watch, and Heat...well it sucks, but it...o.k. it just sucks. No value at all. Commentary sucks, and whenever there's a PPV they only show one match. WCW Saturday Night was better, and that's saying an awful lot.

Reborned-Dragon
10th June 2004, 04:01 PM
The wrestling fans have the right idea. Even if it is fake, you're never gonna see a guy get Pedigreed onto thumbtacks or get set on fire on Friends or any crap involving those damn Olsen twins, who I'll eventually bang up when they're legal.

shazza
11th June 2004, 03:33 AM
Yes I do watch it, even a somewhat of it is fake, but isn't most shows on television?

Drago
11th June 2004, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Number1ChanseyFan:
Nope, I don't watch wrestling. The only sport that I watch is baseball, (I am a huge Indians fan!!) and once in awhile I will watch the Cleveland Browns.
The least you could do is follow a decent team. FEAR THE TENNESSEE TITAINS!! lol

Yeah, I watch rasslin', and have been doing so for long enough to realise all the appropriate responses for 'omg, isn't that fake? u r a FAG.'
And additionally, I fail to see the point of people replying to this topic specifically to inform us about how fake and stupid it is. How does this contribute to anyone's lives? Do you hope to change our view with your godlike skills of perception? Oh well, apparently I don't have a life. What a painful realisation.

In any event, I haven't really been quite as enthusiastic about it since WCW folded. It was what I chose to watch, and although I realise all the questionable decisions made (David Arquette could so beat us up), I liked every minute of it, and I especially enjoyed the antics of one Lance Storm. Nowadays, WCW is a memory, Lance has retired from active wrestling, and I'm left with Tyson f'n Tomko.

And a few of the storylines have been utter rubbish as well. The JR barbecue, the Katie Vick escapades... Though there were a few things I did like. Kurt getting chokeslammed was painfully fake, but I thought it was handled pretty well (aside from Torrie Wilson's painful 'acting'), and I especially liked Kane getting kicked into the fire-ridden dumpster by Shane O'Mac.

...Funny, I've heard detractors complain about the melodramatic segments (such as some of the more bizarre ones listed above) and the fact that it isn't real, but I've always liked the comparison between it and any other drama. Quite a few shows have situations that are so corny as to make you embarrassed to watch, but how many of them have Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit? At least some people could have the perception to appreciate some degree of athleticism...

Leon-IH
11th June 2004, 06:10 AM
I watch it regularly, and im amazed people always seem to think that because it's choreographed it's not physically draining, having done hapkido for a few years gives you a great appreciation for people throwing themselves around for such long periods of time.

Anyways, i always liked Rey Mysterio, and the chronic overacting of the rock and hulk hogan (WM X8 anyone?)

Neo-Xantios
11th June 2004, 09:40 AM
Ah, greetings, Reborned-Dragon.

Three years ago, I did, but now it interests me no more.

Gengachu
11th June 2004, 11:48 AM
The least you could do is follow a decent team. FEAR THE TENNESSEE TITAINS!! lol

Yeah, I watch rasslin', and have been doing so for long enough to realise all the appropriate responses for 'omg, isn't that fake? u r a FAG.'
And additionally, I fail to see the point of people replying to this topic specifically to inform us about how fake and stupid it is. How does this contribute to anyone's lives? Do you hope to change our view with your godlike skills of perception? Oh well, apparently I don't have a life. What a painful realisation.

In any event, I haven't really been quite as enthusiastic about it since WCW folded. It was what I chose to watch, and although I realise all the questionable decisions made (David Arquette could so beat us up), I liked every minute of it, and I especially enjoyed the antics of one Lance Storm. Nowadays, WCW is a memory, Lance has retired from active wrestling, and I'm left with Tyson f'n Tomko.

And a few of the storylines have been utter rubbish as well. The JR barbecue, the Katie Vick escapades... Though there were a few things I did like. Kurt getting chokeslammed was painfully fake, but I thought it was handled pretty well (aside from Torrie Wilson's painful 'acting'), and I especially liked Kane getting kicked into the fire-ridden dumpster by Shane O'Mac.

...Funny, I've heard detractors complain about the melodramatic segments (such as some of the more bizarre ones listed above) and the fact that it isn't real, but I've always liked the comparison between it and any other drama. Quite a few shows have situations that are so corny as to make you embarrassed to watch, but how many of them have Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit? At least some people could have the perception to appreciate some degree of athleticism...

Lance retired? I just saw him wrestling on heat several weeks ago, or maybe it was a month, but it was still pretty recent. He did pretty well, too, but I think he may have lost. Are you sure he isn't just taking a break or something. IMO, he was one of the most athletic people on the Raw roster, and has a lot of potential. I mean he came from the Hart Family Dungeon. That's where Benoit came from, and he's the champion now, although it did take a long time to get here.

Leon-IH
11th June 2004, 08:28 PM
Yeah, Lance retired.. he was gettin pretty old and his face turn sucked charecter wise.

Smackdown sucks script wise since Brock quit and Big Show is having knee surgery meaning they have to use bradshaw (who is crap).

mr_pikachu
11th June 2004, 10:51 PM
No, I never saw the point. I just don't want to watch two (or four) guys pretend to beat each other up. Not to mention the plot looks pretty shallow. :s

Mab the Mad Clefable
12th June 2004, 10:48 AM
I used to watch it a lot in the 90's, even went to a few live events. It seems to have gone stale over the years though, so I don't really watch anymore. I agree that the introduction of too many women spoilt it, also all the fun characters seemed to disappear. I keep meaning to have a quick look some time, just to see who's still going.