PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon is Cancelled

Water Pokemon Master
8th June 2004, 12:51 AM
JUST KIDDING!

I'd just like to tell everyone that Kids' WB just released a press release stating that they have bought the next three seasons of Pokemon. Incase you don't know how big that is, it is an equivelant to all of the Johto episodes, from the first one with Ash seeing Suicune to the last one where Ash is on the boat to Hoenn. That's a lot of episodes! This just shows Pokemon is not going to end anytime soon, and will at the least last for another three years in America.

Animelee
8th June 2004, 03:36 AM
And that lets us know that the cartoon at least has another two seasons added to it! Since you guys are around AG 030, and Japan is on AG 080 this week, that roughly means:

AG 030 - AG 080 = One season
AG 080 - AG 130 = Two seasons
AG 130 - AG 180 = Three seasons

Again, this is roughly, and since I suck at basic math, I'm sure someone could come and fix my errors. :sweat2: Well, heh, this means we've got at least another two years for the show to go on in Japan. :love:

*Puts on Challenger!! to celebrate*

Thanks for the news, by the way!

Blackjack Gabbiani
8th June 2004, 04:58 AM
So that, of course, means that the show will *last* at least that long...which means either Houen will take longer than we all thought, or they'll have something after it.

And when I saw the header, my first thought was 'oh, no summer reruns?'

Chris 2.1
8th June 2004, 03:35 PM
I dont think anyone expects Hoenn to go to Johto lengths. Look how far we've come in this time.

Animelee
8th June 2004, 03:58 PM
Seeing as how the new game generation for DS is most-likely coming out on November 21, 2005, I'm betting we'll be in Hoenn until that date. The same things happened with Johto and Hoenn -- the days GS and RS came out were the days Johto and Hoenn started, respectively.

GS/Johto cartoon = November 21, 1999
RS/Hoenn cartoon = November 21, 2002

Water Pokemon Master
8th June 2004, 04:58 PM
Brit Chris, I was just using an example of how many episodes that can be. We definately know Hoenn won't last as long as Johto at the rate Ash and crew are traveling. :)

Zhen Lin
9th June 2004, 03:35 AM
Not to mention they may want to cover FR/LG Kanto and Rainbow Islands (Nanashima).

Water Pokemon Master
9th June 2004, 08:21 AM
I forgot about the Rainbow Islands. Perhaps there will be a whole season of Ash and crew traveling through them. But if there is, that would kinda be stupid since they would be seeing a whole bunch of legendary Pokemon.

Has anyone forgot about what Hoenn sounds like? Ho-oh! Maybe at the end of the Hoenn seasons, Ash will meet Ho-oh or something.

Chris 2.1
9th June 2004, 12:51 PM
WPM: Sorry for being a bit moody! I know what you mean, though.

And Anyway, why visit FR/LG Kanto? Fr and LG were out on the 28th of January, IIRC, they would surely have tried promoting its release around The Verdanturf Contest, which was the episode that aired around the time of Fr/Lg's releases.

I dunno, it just seems pointless. I do believe Ash will visit the Rainbow Islands, but at the end of the series, to meet and talk with Ho-oh.

Animelee
9th June 2004, 02:20 PM
Around the early AG 070s, they focused about three episodes on various Kanto Pokémon -- either popping up in the background, or being caught by one of the main characters, so I guess they're done promoting Leaf/Fire. :sweat2: I'm betting Hoenn will go on for another year-and-a-half before we see another region.

Jeikobu
15th June 2004, 10:26 PM
It's annoying that 4Kids is going to keep doing it, I wish a better dubbing company would. The good news is this means Pokemon will be running for a total of at least 9 seasons! Woo-hoo! :D

Orion
16th June 2004, 03:54 PM
Indeed,Hoenn has still lots to offer.Lilycove,Mossdeep,Sootopolis,Pacifidlog...ad d the fact that this is the longest part of the GBA games,and the most important events.They could end up stopping Kyogre or Groudon fury.Imagine seeing Ash and Co. diving and finding those areas underwater.Would be awesome!Seems that Hoenn will end up the opposite of Johto:a swift start,and a long ending.But we'll see.

In case it ends pretty fast,and the 4th generation hasn't come,we could see the cast ending up in Orre,the region of Pokemon Colosseum.Imagine something like this:Ash and co. meet a Snatch/Snagem member at the end of the Hoenn League,and after losing to Ash,he snags Pikachu,then flees to Orre.Ash and the others follows him,and as they discover the plot in Orre,Ash eventually recovers Pikachu,but as a Shadow Pokemon.Then,he must win his love again,and confront the hardest moments,risking to lose his best friend...forever.If they get through the difficultness of this region,they could then take part on the Orre Tournaments,and Ash would win more experience as a Trainer...another Ho-Oh sighting could be VERY possible,and awesome...

In any way,only time will tell.I just assumed what could be likely if the 4th Generation comes later on.After all,it'd make for a GREAT Saga.Having Ash confronting a pretty hard situation would make for a BIG change,leaving aside the peacefulness and Pokemon love of the other regions,as they enter the rough and ambitious Orre Region.They'd show taht not everything is easy,but in a rougher way.I'd love to see a saga in Orre,and having Ash to recover Pikachu's friendship...oh well,I can just hope.

Craig
16th June 2004, 07:39 PM
Having an orre region show would be cool, I think. Its good to hear that WB is staying with pokemon, I guess it must still be popular :P For a second I thought you weren't joking in the thread title.. :<

Water Pokemon Master
17th June 2004, 02:00 AM
Yeah, on Kids' WB Pokemon is the most popular show. It is viewed by more people than Yu-Gi-Oh too. According to a Pokemon.com article a few months ago, Pokemon is the most viewed children's show on Saturdays, beating Nicelodean, Fox, etc.

Jeikobu
17th June 2004, 07:29 PM
Around the early AG 070s, they focused about three episodes on various Kanto Pokémon -- either popping up in the background, or being caught by one of the main characters, so I guess they're done promoting Leaf/Fire. :sweat2:
Yeah, which really makes me upset, I really was hoping they'd bring Hitokage back into the show. Guess not. :(