PDA

View Full Version : Did Magcargo just use Heat Wave?

HavoX
9th June 2004, 11:19 PM
I was playing Pokémon Colosseum in Story Mode, and when I was fighting Nella in Realgam's Colosseum, I was in total shock when her

MAGCARGO USED "HEAT WAVE"

I thought WTF? This is an outrage! Magcargo ****ing can't learn Heat Wave!

I looked up the PokéDex at SPP to see if Slugma/Magcargo CAN learn it through breeding, and as it turns out, NO IT CANNOT.

Finally, the only theory I could come up with is that the "Heat Wave Magcargo" was a possible glitch in Colosseum.

Of course, glitches like these are pretty cool though (as long as they don't corrupt your save data though)

Anyone who has had encountered a Magcargo like that? If not, what are your thoughts on that?

Don't Run With Scizors
9th June 2004, 11:33 PM
Technically, Magcargo CAN get Heat Wave through breeding (see White Cat's 'Dex (http://pokedex.kary.ca\rsdex.txt)), but there's no possible legal breeding chain for getting Heat Wave onto it. So technically, that Magcargo set is illegal. Obviously the programmers overlooked that fact when creating the character movesets.

HavoX
9th June 2004, 11:51 PM
oops my bad

Iveechan
10th June 2004, 12:15 AM
Heat Wave Magcargo should hook up with Lance's Rocksliding Aerodactle from GS.

andyizcool
10th June 2004, 07:33 AM
Heat Wave Magcargo should hook up with Lance's Rocksliding Aerodactle from GS.
Trade Aerodactyl back to Pokemon RBY, teach it the Rock Slide TM. Next trade it back to Pokemon GSC, you have Aerodactyl with Rock Slide.

Iveechan
10th June 2004, 07:35 AM
Nope. I tried it. Can't learn it. Lance is a sneaky one. It gets it in fire/leaf though.

andyizcool
10th June 2004, 07:39 AM
Nope. I tried it. Can't learn it. Lance is a sneaky one.
In Pokemon FR/LG Aerodactyl can learn Rock Slide off the Move Tutors. I just thought he would have learnt the TM back in Pokemon RBY. Since the Move Tutors in Pokemon FR/LG are based off TMs from Pokemon RBY that you can't get anymore. Rock Slide Aerodactyl is a cool Physical Sweeper, he has the Speed.

Music Dragon
10th June 2004, 07:40 AM
I also saw the Colosseum Magcargo use Heat Wave, but I didn't think about it until now. That's pretty weird... I guess it was a special Magcargo that came from space. Oh, wait. That was Rayquaza and Ditto. But what if it came from the sun on an extremely hot meteorite? Maybe he and his sneaky Aerodactyl pal made secret research and found out how to use Rock Slide and Heat Wave? That, or it's a bug.

EDIT: Hey, you spoiled my space theory! Well, I guess he didn't have any Aerodactyl pal after all.

Don't Run With Scizors
10th June 2004, 09:44 AM
Dead link? It shows up fine for me.

HavoX
10th June 2004, 09:51 AM
Dead link? It shows up fine for me.

Um, take back what I said earlier...

I tried the link again and it didn't work in Firefox (which will be my permanent favorite browser), but I copied the link location and tried it AGAIN, this time using Avant Browser, and this time it worked.

Rudoku
10th June 2004, 10:55 AM
That still doesn't beat the day I quit playing Pokemon Stadium 2:
The last match, going on my last continue in the PokeCup Master Ball, or whatever the level 50 battles were called, tourney. A Surfing Raichu versus a Blastoise. I saw it use Haze earlier on, and go "Ok, I'll use Thunderbolt and win!". I go zap and take a good 75% of it's health off, then it happened.

BLASTOISE USED MIRROR COAT!

I just sat there going "What the hell!" and turned the game off. I don't even think you can have that Blastoise moveset in FR/LG...

Shuppet Master
10th June 2004, 11:18 AM
Squirtle can learn Mirror Coat in GSC,breed it with a Corsola. :D

andyizcool
10th June 2004, 11:21 AM
I just sat there going "What the hell!" and turned the game off. I don't even think you can have that Blastoise moveset in FR/LG...
You can breed Mirror Coat on even in Pokemon FR/LG. You could also have Counter off a Move Tutor. That Blastoise owned your Raichu back in Pokemon GSC, that's why I'll always like Blastoise.

Rudoku
10th June 2004, 12:40 PM
You can breed Mirror Coat on even in Pokemon FR/LG. You could also have Counter off a Move Tutor. That Blastoise owned your Raichu back in Pokemon GSC, that's why I'll always like Blastoise.
But you can't breed Haze and Mirror Coat on the same Blastoise legally, even now, that's why I used T-bolt.

Don't Run With Scizors
10th June 2004, 05:12 PM
Stadium 2 has a bunch of illegal movesets... Encore + Thunder Wave Alakazam, Reflect + Mirror Coat Tentacruel, Surf + Reversal Raichu... probably lots of others.

Not to mention the notorious Barrier Dragonite Lance has in Red and Blue.

Music Dragon
11th June 2004, 06:37 AM
It's all proof that the Magcargo researcher taught illegal moves to his students! He should get catched by the move deleter.

Carbonite4
26th June 2004, 01:48 AM
I think Lance's Dragonite had an illegal move as well.

Barrier or something. Lance pissed me off with all his illegal moves...

HedgeCat
26th June 2004, 02:48 AM
Geez, Lance has the Rock Slide Areodact and the Barrier Dagonite?

He cheats and still loses. Haha, what a loser. =(