PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone watch the anime on FoxBox?

Light_Togetic
31st January 2003, 12:02 PM
I was just wondering. Personally, I don't like Fighting Foodons; and I was never a big fan of wrestiling, so I don't really like Ultimate Muscle either... However, I've always enjoyed the Kirby games, so Kirby is just about the only thing I watch on their lineup. What do you guys think of their shows?

Rocketlex
31st January 2003, 02:26 PM
Ultimate Muscle has its moments, but no, I really don't.

Obi
31st January 2003, 03:36 PM
Ultimate Muscle is awesome. I love its sense of humor. And the animation is pretty good too.

Light_Togetic
31st January 2003, 04:18 PM
I can honestly say that I've never really watched Ultimate Muscle. So I can't really say that's it's bad.

Toon Dragon
1st February 2003, 09:13 PM
I'm a rather big Kirby fan, so I watch that a lot :). The show's very different than other anime and 'toons on the air, and I just find King DeDeDe and Escargoon really funny. I do watch Ultimate Muscle every so often. I'm not really into wresling, either, but the show's so kooky! And I kinda like Fighting Foodons. Clawdia's cool :).

DarkMarowak
3rd February 2003, 06:42 PM
The only two shows I watch on Fox Box is Kirby and Fighting Foodons. Kirby is such a great character you can't help but watch. The cast is great and I get a kick out of King Dedede's southern voice.
I watch Fighting Foodons mainly cause it's such a freaky and original anime. I mean, monsters that you cook and then battle with? And I thought I had weird ideas. My favorite one is probably Hotdogonit. @_@
Ultimate Muscle is, to me, an insult to anime. I mean, saving the world by fighting evil in a wrestling ring? Oiy. -_-;

Gengar1
25th February 2003, 11:50 PM
I mainly watch Kirby, ESCARGOON ROCKS!!! I am rather annoyed that it is no longer on at 10:00 central anymore though, I cant wake up any earlier!

Light_Togetic
26th February 2003, 12:26 PM
Yeah, some of the things Escargoon says are pretty funny (especially when they're about King Dedede). I love seeing those two freak out when things don't exactly go the way they planned.:D I also think that Tokori is pretty funny, despite the fact that he can get on my nerves at times... I think its his voice that irritates me.

Yatouji Satsuki
26th February 2003, 04:20 PM
I watch Fighting Foodons...I describe it as a cross between Pokemon and a sushi bar.
If it wasn't for the terriblr theme song on Kirby, I might watch it more often.

As for Ultimate Muscle...no comment.

Scythemantis
28th February 2003, 01:06 AM
Fighting foodons is a great parody of pokemon, and kirby is painfully cute. I love escargoon too. I always like the villain's sidekicks in most any show...

Nikku-San
1st March 2003, 06:38 PM
Kirby: Pretty darned cool.

Ultimate Muscle: A bit odd and too many muscles... lol. But pretty cool.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ROCKS!

Ultraman Tiga is so badly dubbed it's hillarious.

kalad1
1st March 2003, 11:19 PM
actually, if you must know, Ultraman Tiga was dubbed badly ON PURPOSE. I don't know why though...

Light_Togetic
2nd March 2003, 09:23 AM
What?! Ultraman is dubbed badly on purpose!! Well, that I just don't understand... But I guess it's good you told me, because I really thought that 4Kids was that dumb.:rolleyes: Okay, maybe I should stop talking about this since it's an amine forum, and not forum for stupidly dubbed live-action Japanese shows.:D

Nikku-San
2nd March 2003, 08:27 PM
I kinda assumed that. They do sound... Cartoony.

Obi
5th March 2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Kittymon

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ROCKS!

That's not an anime...

Gladiator
5th March 2003, 07:31 PM
Hmm, seeing as how I get nothing BUT Fox, I'll throw my three cents

Kirby: It is okay. There are times when the eps bore me, but it is funny overall (Kirby singing was strange 0_0)

Fighting Foodons: Same here. It has its good points, but it has some bad ones, too. I never liked that one episode where that turtle appeared (Foodon Evolution? Did I hear that right?) then I hate the names. I know it's a parody, but, except for Crab Quake and Clawdia, the puns make my jokes look like gold (and I suck at telling jokes). At least those two were mediocre.

UM: I hate it. You don't have to. It's just my opinion, I am not trying to influence you. All of the bad fart jokes and the pant wetting were a real turn off.

Crystal Mew
8th March 2003, 08:56 PM
I watched FoxBox this morning ^_^;
Ionly watched Kirby...which is a half decent show...and then Fighting Foodons..... o-0 ok...I thought this show was the weirdest ever....
a body with a type of food for a head...?

eiether I'm crazy and just think its weird...or someones running out of ideas :P j/k but it is sorta like pokemon...except..pokemon dont come from food o-0

RedStarWarrior
12th March 2003, 11:14 PM
Sorry, the only quality animé (IMO) on FOXBOX is Kirby.

Rocketlex
13th March 2003, 05:21 PM
Fighting Foodons is always sad to watch because it could have been so much better (read, funnier.) Instead, they seem to be trying to make it as much like Pokemon as possible (heck, even the animation looks the same.)

I liked Mon Colle Knights when it was on. I liked the "funny" episodes more than the "serious" episodes, but that goes for pretty much any anime I watch (and why I hate Tenchi in Tokyo even though I love Tenchi Universe.) Gluko=one of the greatest characters ever. ^_^