PDA

View Full Version : [P] when did you stop liking pokemon?

abunaidesu
10th June 2004, 02:18 PM
i started liking it near the end of 3rd grade, and stopped liking it after i entered middle school.

what about you

Katie
10th June 2004, 02:21 PM
hai steph :wave:

started in 5th stopped in about 7th

~Katie

Yoh Asakura
10th June 2004, 02:22 PM
About 2 months after I bought Pokémon Red. Got the game when it first came out so.. you do the math.

Sach I. Weirdo
10th June 2004, 02:26 PM
Well, I started liking it before pokčmon red came out, i got it, and then i started disliking it about half way through the 3rd season of pogeymanz on TV. damn merchandisers screwed it all up.

Jay
10th June 2004, 02:38 PM
I started liking pokemon in Grade 5. I stopped liking it in 7th or 8th Grade. Don't really remember. I'm in 11th now.

Razola
10th June 2004, 02:50 PM
Red was awesome, played it for months. Yellow as well.

Gold and Silver were also good. Played for a month or two. Lack of people to battle killed replay value.

Ruby and Sapphire were boring. Played for a couple weeks.

Haven't bought a game since.

andyizcool
10th June 2004, 02:52 PM
What do you mean by liking Pokemon? I never liked any of the TV shows, cards, or any other merchandise they could throw at us with Pokemon writen on it. I only play the games because they're great Role Playing Games where you train Monsters and battle them with friends. I've never actually liked them because I just pick the most powerful ones and make a Team not the cute ones.

Crystal Mew
10th June 2004, 03:00 PM
I started liking it when I was 13..so I think I was in 7th grade..and I stopped 10th...as I said in the chat, lotr came in, took over, and pushed pokemon off the cliff of my heart :>

well, its not like I hate it or anything, I'm just not obsessed with it anymore :wave:

Jay Umbreon
10th June 2004, 03:56 PM
I started liking pokemon in year 7 (11 years old) and stopped liking it in around year 10 (about 15 years old). So, havn't been too interested in it for about 3 years.

~Jay

en0miz
10th June 2004, 04:03 PM
I got Red in December 99 (sixth grade) and I stopped liking Pokemon after Pokemon Silver got old (I guess the middle of 2001) for me. So from 6th to 8th grade, I was obsessed, basically my years in middle school. :wave:

PNT510
10th June 2004, 04:05 PM
I started liking it shortly after the TV show came out, because my brother and I were spending the night at his friends house(my dad made me tag along) because the only thing they gave me to do was play Pokemon Red. I lost interest in Red version when I got into the TCG, I played the TCG until Shortly after Neo 1 came out in the US then I more or less lost interest. I also played silver and ruby version a bit.

phaedrus
10th June 2004, 04:50 PM
as a game it's not bad, but the fad died during the 1st season.

homeofmew
10th June 2004, 05:00 PM
I heard about it in 8th grade. (1997-1998 ). Started liking it that summer.
Loved it all the way through High School, and heck, i still like it.
I sot some of the new EX Hidden Legends cards, beat Ruby/Sapphire,Gold,Silver,Crystal,Red,Blue,Yellow, and GREEN, also beat pubble leage and the TCG game!

Water Pokemon Master
10th June 2004, 05:04 PM
Liked it in 4th, still like it in 9th. (well, now 10th sorta...)

I am a Pokemon Masta!!! :lol:

Little_Pikachu
10th June 2004, 06:10 PM
I started liking it when I was 17 in college, would've been '97 I think, and I still like it now. I guess that's because I'm an adult so I actually like things because I like them and not just because they're the latest fad, so generally when I decide I like something I'll like it forever instead of suddenly disliking it when other people decide it's 'uncool'.

Lady Vulpix
10th June 2004, 06:28 PM
I agree with Suzie on this one. Although I've been like this all my life, not since I grew up. I've never thought much of the nime, but I think the games are fun, and I love TPM, and writing about my adopted pokemon. :D

pika23
10th June 2004, 07:34 PM
I started liking it at 11 years old (5th grade) then I stoped at about 13 or something.

darktyranitar
10th June 2004, 08:07 PM
Like it when I am 11 (2000, I think. Man, Pokemon arrive quite late in my country, or I started liking it quite late :s: ) Know it from Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow Game rom in my cousin CD. A lot time stopped liking it, but continue liking it. Brought some TCG until now.15, and still loving it. :yes:

cd
10th June 2004, 08:07 PM
i still like it a bit ;]

EVme15
10th June 2004, 08:12 PM
Start: Anyone remember when the craze hit America? Two years prior to that.

Stop: Um... *counts on fingers* No, that's not right... I think I'll be dead by 2215...

I was into Pokemon before it started, I'm still into it after it stopped. I have a really really old Pokemon poster with the original 150 blue-tacked in my room.
:133:++

Zak
10th June 2004, 08:14 PM
16 years old and still lovin' it.

Although unlike most people here, I'm the opposite. I kinda lose interest in the game, but I always have and always will love the Anime. Although most of my interest in Pokemon hasn't dropped, but actually gone up.

~Zak

RedStarWarrior
10th June 2004, 09:45 PM
I don't remember when I started liking Pokémon but it was a few years ago. I stopped liking it a year or so ago.

suzie
10th June 2004, 11:30 PM
i think i started liking pokemon in like summer before eighth grade, and generally stopped caring at the beginning of ninth. i dont dislike pokemon, i just dont care, haha :wave:

kainashi
10th June 2004, 11:52 PM
started liking it sometime in 7th grade, stopped liking it in 9th, i guess. :dance:

Red Angel
11th June 2004, 12:41 AM
Lemme see...

Lost interest in the anime around the second Johto season (whenever that was).

Lost interest in the TCG as people dropped in for YuGiOh, since there was nobody to play.

The games... never liked most of them except the main series and pinball, which I adored. Those are still fun to play. I'm waiting for Fire/Leaf, for nostagia's sake.

Eyedolize
11th June 2004, 01:10 AM
I've started liking it when I was in 5th grade, and I still like it now (now in 10th grade) of course I'm not obsessesed with it anymore.

Music Dragon
11th June 2004, 06:10 AM
I started liking it when I was about 6-7 years old. Everybody liked it back then, but I was the only one who tried to learn something about it. :) People started disliking Pokemon about year 2001, I and some of my friends where the only ones who played it. Now, in Sweden, nobody plays it it's just me and one of my friends. Because "Pokemon is childish and only nerds play it" :mad2: . In fact, I know a lot of people who would like to play Pokemon but they're afraid to do it. People would lose respect for them. That's too bad, they don't know what they're missing...

Leon-IH
11th June 2004, 06:51 AM
well, ive liked it for about 4 years, i still enjoy playing the games on and offline, i never really got into the cards properly though i have a fair few and sometimes play em.

The anime was more aimed at little kids in my view.

woz
11th June 2004, 11:17 AM
i think i started liking pokemon in like summer before eighth grade, and generally stopped caring at the beginning of ninth. i dont dislike pokemon, i just dont care, haha :wave:

this was the same for me. i don't dislike it, i just don't care about it anymore. i liked it when the RBY games were released and didn't care about it shortly after GS was released.

Yukitsukai
12th June 2004, 09:19 AM
Started liking it in 1998 (3rd grade, either 7 or 8) and stopped in 2000 (5th grade, 10)

Mab the Mad Clefable
12th June 2004, 09:36 AM
But I still love Pokemon and always will! :D

Gengachu
12th June 2004, 10:48 AM
Stopped liking Pokemon? Worst. Poll. Evar.

I don't think I have stopped liking it. The only thing I've stopped liking is the cartoon, and that's because every episode has the same plot. Ash meets new Pokemon, Team Rocket tries to steal that Pokemon and/or Pikachu. I lost interest in it when they went to Johto. I stopped collecting the cards. I still like them, but it's kind of useless to get new ones if no one else collects. Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Yellow are still two of my favorite games of all time. Haven't played the new ones, though.

Craig
12th June 2004, 02:17 PM
Red was awesome, played it for months.

Gold and Silver were also good. Played for a month or two.

Ruby and Sapphire were boring. Played for a couple weeks.

Haven't bought a game since.

Thats what I did, I still like Pokemon a bit, like I don't hate it.
I started liking it ever since the far off preview for Pokemon in nintendo power probably about a year before it was released :sweat4:

DarkTemplarZ
12th June 2004, 10:28 PM
I started in 5th grade, stopped around 7th, started again around the end of 7th and still do. Gold and Silver rocked, I played them for nearly a year, both English and Japanese. Ruby and Sapphire's also really fun.