PDA

View Full Version : darktyranitar Pokemon TCG report #6

darktyranitar
10th June 2004, 07:52 PM
Here's a scan of a Team Aqua Card in MVA set, TA Sharpedo:
*Note to Water Pokemon Master: I would use occasionally use cards scan from your site for this porpuse. Hope you don't mind :)*

Team Aqua’s Sharpedo (http://pokebeach.topcities.com/scans/exteam/scans/18.jpg)

Stats:
70 HP
(W)
Stage 1
Evolve from Team Aqua’s Carvanha
Weakness: (L)
Resistance: N/A
Retreat Cost:

Pre-Evolution Choice:
1) Team Aqua’s Carvanha
Of all three TA Carvanha, I prefer the one with the Poke-Body. The other one with 40 HP is good if you want to interrupt your opponent early in the game.

Attack:
(CC) Slow-Acting Poison 20
At the end of your opponent's next turn, the defending pokemon is now poisoned.
With this attack, your opponent’s Pokemon is guaranteed to be poisoned on the next turn, and for the next attack…
(WWCC) Aqua Smash 50+
If the defending Pokemon is affected by a special condition, this attack does 50 damage plus 20 more damage.
See what I mean? Using the last attack, causing 20 damage, and poison, dealing 10 more damage, then use this attack for 100 damage. Not bad, eh? :round:

Combo:
1) Nothing much, maybe a few Aqua trainer and Pokemon to gain an edge for TA Sharpedo, like Archie or TA Mightyena (Aqua Call) of bringing it out into play fast.

Card Art Rating in number 1-5: 3
Comment: TA Sharpedo is a pretty decent Pokemon. It’s attack is also not bad, unless the Pokemon is holding a Lum Berry or something similar. Nothing is interesting about him,he just have power.
Overall Rating in number 1-5: 3

Roarkiller
11th June 2004, 10:17 AM
Ur turn: 20
Their turn: poison, +10
Ur turn: 70, end turn, +10

110 in 2 turns aint bad u know. Id say combo with toxic for max effects. Also, SAP sez end of ur opp next turn, the defending is poisoned, and i believe it wont matter if he/she switches pkmn, kinda like discovery houndoom.

Alec Trevelyan
12th June 2004, 08:36 PM
its a decent card, not much to say. Maybe the key to combo this card be on grass/poison pokemon specially... we must take a look to see something to poison/sleep/prlz/conf/burn the defending pokemon w/ a poke power, uh?

Kari and Mewtwo
3rd July 2004, 02:31 PM
Sandstorm Cacturne & Golduck suddenly comes to mind. Just switch after the Pokepowers take their effect and boom, theres your 70 damage right there.